ccl stock

shipbound2

35 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

I think the last part of your statement is very true, "it makes no sense."  It really doesn't make sense.  It is purely based on optimism, which is a good thing.  But, it certainly doesn't match what is going on in the overall economy, especially with another 1.9 million initial jobless claims this last week and over 20 million continuing claims.

I'm not as optimistic as some about Carnival stock.  Because of all the new stock issued during this time, I certainly cannot see it reaching anywhere near $50 in the next year or even few years.  Obviously a lot can happen and demand will probably come back quickly, but with all the cancelled cruise refunds, FCC and OBC liabilities out there, it is going to take some time for profitability again.  I'm also wondering if they will be able to do the limited start up on August 1 as planned.  I sold quite a bit of my Carnival shares today.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I see it falling again soon.  Maybe not as low as before, but perhaps to just over $10 if the startup is delayed on into the Fall or later.

$50? I said it wouldnt probably be profitable until 2023. Hardly optimistic.

I said I think they will avoid bankruptcy lol. It will takes years for demand to return. 

If I was a trader today was probably a good time to take profits. I quit trading, just complicates my taxes too much, but I dont see or read optimism into anything said. And yes shares diluted with the price buying and more shares issues and issuing bonds and taking on more debt. 

I was talking surving not $50 lol. 

5 minutes ago, coevan said:

Well said Lee, I would not go near travel stocks for a year, not that much of a gambler. 

If I knew now what I know I wouldnt have bought ccl or oil stocks when I did.

I also said just buy enough ccl to get the obc. 

Again I'm saying I think ccl will avoid bankruptcy... not be profitable any time soon. 

Luckily inhale other stocks and made a killing on APT the day traders took it to a high. Was a friday and I knew traders dont hold over the weekend. Got out at about $35, paid 2.18 many many years ago.,used to buy at 2 and sell at 3. Percentage wise good. I just happened to have a bunch of it still I made it like a bandit.

If you got a stock traders got a hold of like that sometimes you just have to sell. It's like a lottery ticket. 

But yes I used to trade and got lazy with record keeping and avoiding wash sales. Now I try and buy for dividends to hold. My crystal ball was fuzzy and I didn't see people home or I'd have dumped some, too late now.

I think you will be able to buy ccl lower. We agree. It has no profits and wouldnt for years perhaps.

8 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

$50? I said it wouldnt probably be profitable until 2023. Hardly optimistic.

I said I think they will avoid bankruptcy lol. It will takes years for demand to return. 

If I was a trader today was probably a good time to take profits. I quit trading, just complicates my taxes too much, but I dont see or read optimism into anything said. And yes shares diluted with the price buying and more shares issues and issuing bonds and taking on more debt. 

I was talking surving not $50 lol. 

Sorry, I wasn't referring to your post.  I was referring to coevan and the analyst being all over the place ($5 to $50.)  But I certainly think you are right about profitability being a long way off.

My RCL is up nearly 100 percent and my NCL and CCL aren't far behind.  I think I bought RCL at $22-27 and today it hit $60.  My NCL was bought at $8-11 and I think it is close to $18-20 now.  CCL I bought at $9-15 and I think it is at $16-17.  But the market is bullish right now. Dow is barely off of its high in January.  It seems like most of the experts think almost everything is overvalued. Even airlines are up. Boeing hit a low of $89 and today it hit $185.  Only stocks I have lost money on are Hertz and Netflix. Hertz because they declared bankruptcy (although, I bought so low it is still trading at half of what I paid) and Netflix because I bought at the top of the market during Covid and it is down compared to its high during Covid.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, coevan said:

The analysts are all over the place on travel stocks. They have CCL as low as $5 and high as $50 for the next year. Morgan Stanley issue a sell and not very optimistic opinion. Who knows, I'm shocked at the Dow increase over the last 2 weeks, makes no sense,

I currently don’t own any cruise line stocks, but if I did, I would love to know what the CDC plans to do when the current no sail order ends. Another several month extension will likely drive down the price significantly. 

I bought United a few weeks ago at $20.50 and it almost hit $40 today.  Delta, Southwest, American, United, Carnival, and Royal are all up.  I wish I had purchased 1,000 shares of Royal when it was in the low 20s, but I only purchased 50.  Thankfully, I was more aggressive with United when it dipped recently.  If I sold all of them today I would make a nice profit, but I plan on holding them for the long haul.  I'll always keep some Carnival for the OBC. I was able to buy all of the stock, other than my first 100 shares of Carnival, when they dipped to very low lows.  I think it's been a good opportunity for people who can afford the risk.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

I bought United a few weeks ago at $20.50 and it almost hit $40 today.  Delta, Southwest, American, United, Carnival, and Royal are all up.  I wish I had purchased 1,000 shares of Royal when it was in the low 20s, but I only purchased 50.  Thankfully, I was more aggressive with United when it dipped recently.  If I sold all of them today I would make a nice profit, but I plan on holding them for the long haul.  I'll always keep some Carnival for the OBC. I was able to buy all of the stock, other than my first 100 shares of Carnival, when they dipped to very low lows.  I think it's been a good opportunity for people who can afford the risk.

this is all fine if you are a day trader or are not investing long term. Sure, you can turn quick profits if you are watching daily. 

11 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I currently don’t own any cruise line stocks, but if I did, I would love to know what the CDC plans to do when the current no sail order ends. Another several month extension will likely drive down the price significantly. 

I think everyone would love to know what the CDC plans to do with the no sail order, including the CDC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Honolulu Blue said:

I think everyone would love to know what the CDC plans to do with the no sail order, including the CDC.

I would be ready to sell ASAP based on what the CDC does or doesn’t do. Fortunately I sold all my cruise stock earlier this year before prices started dropping. I would like to say that was my idea, but it was actually at the strong recommendation of a friend who works in the finance world.  

Someone on the rcl boards whose friend is a headliner said rcl told him to be ready to work august 1st. I consider that positive news. First time I've heard of crew being called back to work.

Airlines are up, so cruise stocks opening up as well. Airlines went from like 20% to 50% up, which still has a ways to go but a big increase.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Someone on the rcl boards whose friend is a headliner said rcl told him to be ready to work august 1st. I consider that positive news. First time I've heard of crew being called back to work.

Airlines are up, so cruise stocks opening up as well. Airlines went from like 20% to 50% up, which still has a ways to go but a big increase.

Wow, that is interesting.  Hopefully that will be the case.  It is also worth noting that RCL sold $2 Billion in bonds yesterday to boost liquidity, but that may be just to have the necessary funds for startup and not prolonged shutdown.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Purvis1231 said:

Maybe I should have bought some when it was $8.00.  

I can kick myself for not buying at that price. And right now it's at $22.58, up 22.19% today. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

What I want to know is what happened "news-wise" that inspired the over $4 per share jump overnight? Has to be something....

The Dow is up something like 966 points, because jobless rate fell a good deal. 2.5 million jobs came back in May.

https://www.marketwatch.com/articles/global-equities-are-back-in-rally-mode-ahead-of-jobs-data-51591352159?mod=mw_quote_news

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joe817 said:

I can kick myself for not buying at that price. And right now it's at $22.58, up 22.19% today. 

Cruise lines are still hemorrhaging cash and not sailing. You might have another chance. Or when the second or third wave of covid hits.

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

Cruise lines are still hemorrhaging cash and not sailing. You might have another chance. Or when the second or third wave of covid hits.

That's very true. But I pray it doesn't. 

• Like 1