ccl stock

shipbound2

5 hours ago, coevan said:

sorry but that you have $630,000 should not be privy to anyone, IMHO

The only privy these days is located some distance from the house with a bucket of moist corn cobs hanging from the half-moon cutout in the door.

I guess you have never seen a SEC Form 3, 4, or 5. It's all public record. 

Trades in equities are reported for everyone to see within microseconds with machine trading doing most of the lifting on exchanges. 

• Like 1

For anyone interested...I've been watching pre trades. Very interesting. Selling short? Covering short sells? Margin calls, idk, but some very high sells. You can only sell short on the uptick.watching sizes of blocks. We could open over 25 .. Not a good market to sell short into.

I get it it's ok to say you are a doctor, but it's like unethical to flip houses and trade stocks for a living. It's not a real job, so ill stick with the facts. Ccl is up more than the rest of the market pre open. To me it's like a computer game. Facts only as promised. Some good sized blocks on the buy side encouraging.

Note premarket price

20200608_042937282.jpeg

• Like 1

I have gambled with CCL, RCL, and NCHL to the tune of a $100k return. Started off small in March, sold at highs, rebought at lows (3x the shares), sold again when I thought it would pull back and missed out on the 50% climb last week. But back in Friday for a nice 18% day today. 

No matter what the market is doing, cruise stocks are hot. I am guessing it is because all of the shorts are trying to cover themselves. They bought in at $18, then $20, then $24 shorts...all of which are getting pummeled. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bigrednole said:

I am guessing it is because all of the shorts are trying to cover themselves. They bought in at $18, then $20, then $24 shorts...all of which are getting pummeled. 

That is my guess too. Or I saw a block of 6500 on the sell side at 25.70. If that were me, I'd be selling short betting I could cover by the end of the day lower.

But this morning certainly looked like some short covering. It was up much larger percentage than rcl for instance. Some might have bet it would go bankrupt like motley fool cramer.

There is also a rotation out of tech into beat up stocks going on. 

Could be some selling short pre market. My guess ..already dropping from pre market highs.

Some call it gambling... what do people do on a ship pulling that lever, this is just a more educated bet.

• Like 1

Dang !  I would not have guessed that CCL would go up another couple of bucks after Friday...  I was happy just to be out of my position.  That would have been another cruise I missed out on today by selling Friday...   😂

But I am happy to be whole again, with a nice little profit over the past 10 months.

Thanks for the insight regarding Shorts... that makes a lot of sense regarding why this stock is popping.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Dang !  I would not have guessed that CCL would go up another couple of bucks after Friday...  I was happy just to be out of my position.  That would have been another cruise I missed out on today by selling Friday...   😂

But I am happy to be whole again, with a nice little profit over the past 10 months.

Thanks for the insight regarding Shorts... that makes a lot of sense regarding why this stock is popping.

Years ago I bought CCl stock for 18.15 per share I sold it at 48.00 plus but it took me ten years to make 10, 000 dollars. About a month ago(maybe) I bought  a bunch of shares at 8.01 dollars per share, now it is 24.18 per share so I doubled  my money in that short time plus what put in. I never dreamed it would go up this fast.So we'll what happens in the long term

• Like 1

Carnival and the other travel stocks are looking good today.  I hadn't looked at my 401K since the beginning of the year because I didn't want to worry about it and knew it would bounce back.  It looks very good too. I was shocked, in a good way.  At least we know that even if there is another wave of the virus in the fall (hopefully not), we know we can recover.  It's been a heck of a year. I appreciate reading everyone's perspectives on stocks.  I kind of just jumped in after my first 100 Carnival shares, watched the stocks daily, and made purchases at lows.  If there is only one good thing from this pandemic, it was the opportunity to invest.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I hadn't looked at my 401K since the beginning of the year because I didn't want to worry about it and knew it would bounce back.  It looks very good too. I was shocked, in a good way.  At least we know that even if there is another wave of the virus in the fall (hopefully not), we know we can recover.  

I lost $142k in my 401k for the first quarter. It's since came back and I'm actually up 1.02 percent.

• Like 1

I own 3 blocks of CCL, 100 shares each.  One at $44+, one at $48+, and one at $16+.  I have collected shareholder credits on both of the first two on several cruises.  What a ride it has been.  I will probably sell the block at 48 for a tax loss before the first of the year, but am still underwater on the total investment.

Invest at your own risk.  Understand what you are getting into.  Take responsibility for your actions.

End of speech.

there is a rational and logical way to invest in a stock which fluctuates wildly like carnival.

Buy
1 share at 20,
2 shares at 19
4 shares at 18
8 shares at 17 and so on

So if it falls to 11, you will end up with 66 shares.
And if it falls to 1 you will end up with 231 shares

But you will always have bought the maximum number of shares at the lowest price!

3 minutes ago, drsel said:

there is a rational and logical way to invest in a stock which fluctuates wildly like carnival.

Buy
1 share at 20,
2 shares at 19
4 shares at 18
8 shares at 17 and so on

So if it falls to 11, you will end up with 66 shares.
And if it falls to 1 you will end up with 231 shares

But you will always have bought the maximum number of shares at the lowest price!

Does the $6.95 fee per transaction factor into that?

6 hours ago, skiorcruise said:

I own 3 blocks of CCL, 100 shares each.  One at $44+, one at $48+, and one at $16+.  I have collected shareholder credits on both of the first two on several cruises.  What a ride it has been.  I will probably sell the block at 48 for a tax loss before the first of the year, but am still underwater on the total investment.

Invest at your own risk.  Understand what you are getting into.  Take responsibility for your actions.

End of speech.

Just curious.  How did you use the shareholder credit on both of the first two?  I thought you could only use it once per cruise.