Crystal Refund Roll Call

4 minutes ago, Contessa 925 said:

I received a  refund  today  to my Amex  card  without  filing a  credit card dispute for  a  cancelled cruise I  initiated May 5 for  a  Nov 2020  cruise

Thanks Barbara - that is great news indeed 

The reality is I’m sure we’d all love to be cruising on a Crystal voyage right now or very soon

Let’s hope that is possible soon 

15 hours ago, comas said:

Hello roger b,

yes we agree that we should have had a refund by now!

The difficulty with disputing this is that we booked through a TA and the money was paid to them, not directly to Crystal.  We hoped we had all areas covered by booking a package (ATOL protection), adequate travel insurance and by using a Credit card for the deposit, followed by using a Debit card for the final balance. 
We do feel aggrieved and that we are backed into a corner.  
It’s nearly 200 days since cancellation and looking at SusieQ’s amazing spreadsheet, no one is getting refunds without going through their card company! 
The lack of regular communication from Crystal is galling as is the fact that we seem to have made a rather large loan.

Ann & Paul. 

I would go after the T.A and threaten small claims court if you want I have the person to speak to at Crystal U.K 

5 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

The order they are processing refunds is very unclear - it’s certainly not in anything resembling date lodged order 

Indeed, you are probably correct.  Was it Tom Wolber or Jack Anderson who said refunds were being processed in a systematic manner?
Since our refund is for a fully paid 16 day back to back cruise including flights, port fees etc...and in the region of GBP£14000 (US$18000) , we feel it will be skirted around, whilst deposit only refunds and disputes may be taking preference. Possibly that is the system?

2 hours ago, roger b said:

I would go after the T.A and threaten small claims court if you want I have the person to speak to at Crystal U.K 

Thank you.  We’ll need to keep this in mind. 

Thank you.  We’ll need to keep this in mind. 

Fwiw... I have an ongoing UK Debit Card Dispute ... the bank is seeking the refund monies from the TA as they are the ‘vendor’. They told me ten days ago that the monies were imminent .... oink oink flying pigs [emoji849]
I believe the small claims court is just that ... for ‘small claims’ in their £hundreds .... not £thousands ... but I stand to be corrected.
As an aside the TA is not happy and has intimated that I should withdraw the dispute.
On 9/28/2020 at 9:30 AM, seattleskibums said:

We have an Africa cruise in December with Regent that still has not been canceled, but we expect it will be soon because the final payment date is approaching.  It is our first booking with Regent, so we can't comment on their service at sea.

UPDATE:  We still can't say anything about Regent's service on the seas, but we certainly can commend their customer service and refund operations.  We canceled our December cruise on Oct. 7 and received a full refund (minus a $200 FCC) on Oct. 14.  By comparison, Crystal took 194 days and 202 days to issue our refunds for the two cruises they canceled on March 13.  For those who think all cruise lines are in the same boat when it comes to refunds, Regent has shown that is not the case.

1 hour ago, MBP&O2/O said:

Fwiw... I have an ongoing UK Debit Card Dispute ... the bank is seeking the refund monies from the TA as they are the ‘vendor’. They told me ten days ago that the monies were imminent .... oink oink flying pigs emoji849.png
I believe the small claims court is just that ... for ‘small claims’ in their £hundreds .... not £thousands ... but I stand to be corrected.
As an aside the TA is not happy and has intimated that I should withdraw the dispute.

The Max amount for small claims court is £10000, keep the claim going the bank will refund your money once they are satisfied that the T.A is withholding payment. Press on don't wait !!  

17 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

I stand by what I said that there’s very little evidence of anyone getting a refund in the last month or so without raising a credit card dispute. I didn’t question that those who are able to raise a credit card dispute will receive their refunds.

We received refunds for two cruises Crystal canceled on March 13 without filing credit card disputes.  The first refund was issued on Sept. 23 after 194 days and the second one came on Oct. 1 after 202 days.  We certainly understand your annoyance with Crystal's refunding delay and lack of communication.

3 hours ago, MBP&O2/O said:

Fwiw... I have an ongoing UK Debit Card Dispute ... the bank is seeking the refund monies from the TA as they are the ‘vendor’. They told me ten days ago that the monies were imminent .... oink oink flying pigs emoji849.png

Hi, I do remember reading your comments a few weeks ago, as you are in the same situation as us. Our deposit was made with a credit card  and the final payment with a debit card.   Our TA also was ‘not happy’ when he thought we might take the same course of action as you. He tried to assure us we would get our refund, but no idea when. A claim to ATOL  would only be possible  if Crystal declare they are not able to make the refund. 
We feel we have been very patient and reasonable, but now it is 6 months since our request for a full refund, it’s time to put the pressure on our TA. Why should we be the only ones who are not happy?
The bottom line is that we have handed over a considerable sum of money to our TA and have received nothing in return. 

Edited by comas

Hi, I do remember reading your comments a few weeks ago, as you are in the same situation as us. Our deposit was made with a credit card  and the final payment with a debit card.   Our TA also was ‘not happy’ when he thought we might take the same course of action as you. He tried to assure us we would get our refund, but no idea when. A claim to ATOL  would only be possible  if Crystal declare they are not able to make the refund. 
We feel we have been very patient and reasonable, but now it is 6 months since our request for a full refund, it’s time to put the pressure on our TA. Why should we be the only ones who are not happy?
The bottom line is that we have handed over a considerable sum of money to our TA and have received nothing in return. 

The bank said, on 1st October

We've contacted your retailer's bank to try and resolve this dispute. If they do not respond we will credit your account for this transaction. Should the retailer provide us with further information we will contact you.
However reviewed the information you have provided, I am sorry to tell you that I cannot help you with the transaction for £XXXX for the following reason:
* Under Visa rules, we can only dispute a transaction that was made within the last 120 days.

I have argued the last point (the deposit payment) saying this disputed transaction began on 8th May when the TA agreed to refund me money and reneged

Nothing heard so far. Claim ongoing.

As an aside, when the TA bleated for sympathy I intimated that they should take out a dispute with Crystal [emoji16]
2 hours ago, MBP&O2/O said:

The bank said, on 1st October

We've contacted your retailer's bank to try and resolve this dispute. If they do not respond we will credit your account for this transaction. Should the retailer provide us with further information we will contact you.
However reviewed the information you have provided, I am sorry to tell you that I cannot help you with the transaction for £XXXX for the following reason:
* Under Visa rules, we can only dispute a transaction that was made within the last 120 days.

I have argued the last point (the deposit payment) saying this disputed transaction began on 8th May when the TA agreed to refund me money and reneged

As an aside, when the TA bleated for sympathy I intimated that they should take out a dispute with Crystal emoji16.png

You should see if Crystal has paid out the travel agent to see if they are withholding the money firstly , if not I will give you the person at Crystal to write to , My T.A agent withheld my money for 6 weeks before paying out. another lesson to learn from this is get an Amex card as they will make a dispute even if the payment date was over 120 days.

Most Agents will say that they won't take Amex but they will if you say you will look for an T.A that will.  

2 hours ago, Jinn said:

I received my refund today for my June 7, 2020,  b2b cruises which Crystal canceled on May 4.   Julia

We also had been booked on this cruise.  Hopefully our refund is "in the mail", or at least on the way to our Credit Card.

Phyllis

Edited by JusttheTwoofUs
14 hours ago, MBP&O2/O said:

I seem to recall reading on this  forum or Crystal Family Facebook page that the receipt of ‘goods’ purchased would commence at the start of service. In our case on arrival at the departure airport on 22nd. May. 2020. A quick calculation would be 148 days up to today (16/10/20).  Too late most likely for a claim.
Maybe I have not explained that very clearly ~ It’s late !
There’s a lot of us who have waited over 6 months now, which leaves us where? 
The options are few. Watching and waiting, venting on here, moaning to TA’s, Crystal are ignoring us it seems. There must eventually be an end to our predicament. 

1 hour ago, comas said:

MBP&O2/0

I seem to recall reading on this  forum or Crystal Family Facebook page that the receipt of ‘goods’ purchased would commence at the start of service. In our case on arrival at the departure airport on 22nd. May. 2020. A quick calculation would be 148 days up to today (16/10/20).  Too late most likely for a claim.
Maybe I have not explained that very clearly ~ It’s late !
There’s a lot of us who have waited over 6 months now, which leaves us where? 
The options are few. Watching and waiting, venting on here, moaning to TA’s, Crystal are ignoring us it seems. There must eventually be an end to our predicament. 

PS. You may find this link helpful ~

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/section75-protect-your-purchases/

Edited by comas
14 hours ago, Jinn said:

I received my refund today for my June 7, 2020,  b2b cruises which Crystal canceled on May 4.   Julia

Hi Julia.  I'm so happy you received your refund!  I was also booked on this cruise and the following Dover to Copenhagen.  Crystal cancelled both on April 28, 2020 and I emailed requesting a refund on April 29, 2020. No refund yet.

Did you do a credit card dispute for the refund or did Crystal send it to you on their own?

Thanks,

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger
Added info

Nancy---I did not initiate a credit card dispute.  My TA told me Tuesday of this week that she had checked with Crystal Monday and had been told that the refund had been issued that day.  I did call Mastercard Thursday to see where the money was and was told it could take up to 5 days to appear.  And behold, there it was in my account Friday!  My friend who was on the first leg of the cruise and who canceled her cruise a month earlier, received her refund 2 weeks ago.  Hope you and Phyllis get yours soon.  Julia

We are now at 212 days since Crystal Cruises cancelled our May 3rd Serenity cruise and we requested a refund the same day they cancelled on March 19.  We made arrangements directly with Crystal and did not go through a travel agent, and charged both the deposit and final payment on a Citibank Platinum AAdvantage Mastercard back in the Summer of 2019.  We filed a dispute through Citibank around a month ago, as with others we believed the “90 days,“ then “through the Summer” refund promises by Crystal.  As evidenced by posts and the spreadsheet, Crystal has been refunding payments for cruises cancelled months later than ours.  Since May, we have been told to wait 1-2 weeks but are “pending.” Since then we have emailed and called at least a dozen times, same type of response.  Are there others who did not book through a travel agent and are experiencing this long of a wait... 7 months? Of course, looking for reason in the refund pattern may be futile. While we are happy for those who managed to get their refunds, we’re baffled at how Crystal’s queuing system works.

As I have posted here and on the World Cruise 2023 thread, it is my understanding that Crystal is not processing any refunds until reorganization/restructuring/equity partner issues begin to resolve.  This has been the case since +/- August 20/25.  Credit card disputes excepted.  I acknowledge there are a few refunds trickling through.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2739929-world-cruise-2023/?do=findComment&comment=60344154

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2750766-crystal-refund-roll-call/?do=findComment&comment=60337638

This morning on the Crystal Society Facebook page, a passenger from the UK has contacted a VP in the London Office.  Here are excerpts from his posting:

Helen Beck Vice President of international sales and marketing in London says that she recognises they have come up short (edit: compared to competitors' timely refunds), but Genting the parent company is undergoing a financial restructuring and fundraising and no refund until that is completed.  She admits that she has no idea when this will be.  
“We absolutely recognise the impact that this delay is having on our reputation and once we are through this financial restructuring, we know that we have a mountain to climb to regain the trust of our loyal guests and partners.”

17 minutes ago, crickette said:

As I have posted here and on the World Cruise 2023 thread, it is my understanding that Crystal is not processing any refunds until reorganization/restructuring/equity partner issues begin to resolve.  This has been the case since +/- August 20/25.  Credit card disputes excepted.  I acknowledge there are a few refunds trickling through.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2739929-world-cruise-2023/?do=findComment&comment=60344154

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2750766-crystal-refund-roll-call/?do=findComment&comment=60337638

This morning on the Crystal Society Facebook page, a passenger from the UK has contacted a VP in the London Office.  Here are excerpts from his posting:

Helen Beck Vice President of international sales and marketing in London says that she recognises they have come up short (edit: compared to competitors' timely refunds), but Genting the parent company is undergoing a financial restructuring and fundraising and no refund until that is completed.  She admits that she has no idea when this will be.  
“We absolutely recognise the impact that this delay is having on our reputation and once we are through this financial restructuring, we know that we have a mountain to climb to regain the trust of our loyal guests and partners.”

However if you look on this thread you will see that some people have received refunds and not only through credit card claims.

Ivi

1 hour ago, crickette said:

Subsequent to that, Helen Beck posted the following on the Crystal Family thread;

"I would like to provide further insight here as there seems to have been a misunderstanding. It is accurate that at this time, Crystal cannot give a specific date when your refund will be issued, however please be assured that Crystal remains committed to honouring our contractual obligations with you and all of our guests, including the processing of refunds."

Edited by Roland4
44 minutes ago, Roland4 said:

Subsequent to that, Helen Beck posted the following on the Crystal Family thread;

"I would like to provide further insight here as there seems to have been a misunderstanding. It is accurate that at this time, Crystal cannot give a specific date when your refund will be issued, however please be assured that Crystal remains committed to honouring our contractual obligations with you and all of our guests, including the processing of refunds."

Larry - thanks for posting the update.

"honouring our contractual obligations ..."

I've read thosse words many times before.  I think they first appeared in Wolber's early summer e-mail - the one that said we aren't making our 90 day turnaround through the summer.  There must be a corporate communique bullet that all staff are expected to use in a response - no exceptions!

12 hours ago, Jinn said:

Nancy---I did not initiate a credit card dispute.  My TA told me Tuesday of this week that she had checked with Crystal Monday and had been told that the refund had been issued that day.  I did call Mastercard Thursday to see where the money was and was told it could take up to 5 days to appear.  And behold, there it was in my account Friday!  My friend who was on the first leg of the cruise and who canceled her cruise a month earlier, received her refund 2 weeks ago.  Hope you and Phyllis get yours soon.  Julia

Thanks you for this information Julia!  It gives me some hope.....maybe?

~Nancy

We are certainly getting impatient for our refund for our Dubai-Rome sailing that Crystal cancelled on 3-19-20.  It is very discouraging to see that people whose cruises cancelled much later than ours have received their refunds.  Interestinly, our travel companions on this trip received their refund on 10-2-20 (it was to be their first Crystal cruise).  We have 186 already sailed days on Crystal, and another 131 day in future bookings (I know, it pales in comparison to some :-).  Our wonderful TA is a top Crystal seller, and calls daily for her clients.  No sign of a refund for us.

Julie