Flash Sale May 28-Jun 1: Beverage Package, Grautities and 10$ OBC (!!) pppd

mikkelhansen

Celebrity will be having a "flash sale" starting tomorrow, May 28, and lasting until Monday, June 1. Applicable for "select" (in other words nearly all) sailings 4 days or longer, departing between October 3, 2020 and May 4, 2022. The offer consists of the Classic Beverage Package, prepaid gratuities, 10$ OBC per person per day and 50% off the 3./4. guest in the stateroom.

The offer can be combined with the Captain's Club savings and the May savings offer (and also FCCs), but the terms mentions that the offer is only applicable for "new bookings". However, I guess it could be worth contacting your TA/Celebrity to check if your existing booking is eligible, if the offer is better than that on your current booking.

If you're looking at booking a new cruise, eg. with your FCC, it might be worth waiting until tomorrow, to use this promotion.

It's the first time I have seen them give OBC on a per person per day basis. Usually, it's 150$ pp no matter the sailing length. Perhaps this will be the future of the OBC perk; XX$ per person per day, as opposed to a fixed amount? I guess it makes sense, as on a 4-day cruise you only pay 80$ per person to get two perks, one of which could be the OBC. Celebrity loses a lot more on this, a opposed to eg. a 14-day cruise, which costs 280$ pp for the two perks. In other words, the OBC are almost "free" for Celebrity to give out on such a cruise. If this is the new way they deal with OBC, in the future a 4-day cruise would mean 40$ pp, and a 10-day cruise would mean 100$ pp. You would have to go all the way up to 14-day cruises to even get close to the current rate of 150$pp. Thus, making the OBC perk a less desirable choice for shorter cruises.

Interestingly, and probably as an incentive to get people to book suites, suite guests still receive the fixed 150$pp during this promotion (and of course the other three perks, as per usual), even on 4-night cruises.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Special_Offers/CEL_5Day_Flash_Sale.pdf

Edited by mikkelhansen
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mikkelhansen said:

Celebrity will be having a "flash sale" starting tomorrow, May 28, and lasting until Monday, June 1. Applicable for "select" (in other words nearly all) sailings 4 days or longer, departing between October 3, 2020 and May 4, 2022. The offer consists of the Classic Beverage Package, prepaid gratuities, 10$ OBC per person per day and 50% off the 3./4. guest in the stateroom.

The offer can be combined with the Captain's Club savings and the May savings offer (and also FCCs), but the terms mentions that the offer is only applicable for "new bookings". However, I guess it could be worth contacting your TA/Celebrity to check if your existing booking is eligible, if the offer is better than that on your current booking.

If you're looking at booking a new cruise, eg. with your FCC, it might be worth waiting until tomorrow, to use this promotion.

It's the first time I have seen them give OBC on a per person per day basis. Usually, it's 150$ pp no matter the sailing length. Perhaps this will be the future of the OBC perk; XX$ per person per day, as opposed to a fixed amount? I guess it makes sense, as on a 4-day cruise you only pay 80$ per person to get two perks, one of which could be the OBC. Celebrity loses a lot more on this, a opposed to eg. a 14-day cruise, which costs 280$ pp for the two perks. In other words, the OBC are almost "free" for Celebrity to give out on such a cruise. If this is the new way they deal with OBC, in the future a 4-day cruise would mean 40$ pp, and a 10-day cruise would mean 100$ pp. You would have to go all the way up to 14-day cruises to even get close to the current rate of 150$pp. Thus, making the OBC perk a less desirable choice for shorter cruises.

Interestingly, and probably as an incentive to get people to book suites, suite guests still receive the fixed 150$pp during this promotion (and of course the other three perks, as per usual), even on 4-night cruises.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Special_Offers/CEL_5Day_Flash_Sale.pdf

We have already started this sale (or close equivalent) down here. Some of the deals seem great but I'm not booking anything until the industry starts up again and there is certainty in the cruise taking place.

I'm not going through the refund crap again. 

• Like 9

I guess this is a modified 3 Perk sale where the extra 3rd perk is only $10 OBC pp/pd.  I believe these sales are based on the normal 2 perk price.   I don't think this is going to work out to be a deal on any of my future sailings.  Just shows how inflated the 2021/2022 prices are.

I will actually do the pricing tomorrow to see but I don't expect any joy.

Edited by wrk2cruise

5 hours ago, mikkelhansen said:

Perhaps this will be the future of the OBC perk; XX$ per person per day, as opposed to a fixed amount?

I would not assume something on the singularity of one sale, but it makes sense from the business perspective to reward guests based upon the length of the cruise they choose.  Even more so (though it's not as attractive to those of us who are bargain hunters) to reward based upon how much is spent to book the cruise.  I recall when one of the airlines (Southwest, perhaps?) went to awarding miles based upon how much the customer spent on the flight rather than based upon flight legs, and many customers were livid.  It seemed quite fair to me, however.

Celebrity, like every other cruise line I believe, offers many different types of deals throughout the year.  It's smart of Celebrity to offer different types of deals, as different incentives will appeal to different people.  It's up to us as customers to decide what works best for our situation and preferences.  I never really understood the allure of the reduced deposit, considering you're not really saving anything but rather just postponing payment... at least that was my thinking prior to the Covid-19 debacle of trying to get refunds for cancelled cruises.  Drink packages being included provide little incentive to those who don't drink, and getting internet is not that big of a deal to those who are traveling to the Caribbean and can check in when they arrive at the ports because they have T-Mobile or because they're hoping to get away from email/Facebook/news as part of their vacation.

42 minutes ago, gordylad said:

Is this us bookings only?

Honestly, I don't know. I do know, however, that the Nordic countries will be having a similar offer in the same period, however that offer consists of Classic Beverage Package, unlimited wifi and 300$ OBC per stateroom. In other words, that offer is more like the "old" three perks offer Celebrity used to have in the US as well. This may be a worldwide promotion, but as you can see the local offer may vary slightly. For example, in AUS/NZ gratuities can never be a perk, since they are included in the cruise fare. So they can instead choose additional 150$ pp as a perk (so 600$ total for the stateroom).

1 hour ago, marieps said:

I have my TA researching whether this is a deal and whether I'm even eligible on my June 2021 Bermuda cruise.

Remember, the offer doesn't start until tomorrow, May 28.

3 hours ago, SunsetPoint said:

I would not assume something on the singularity of one sale, but it makes sense from the business perspective to reward guests based upon the length of the cruise they choose. 

I wouldn't either, but I just thought it was an interesting change compared to the usual offer of 150$ OBC fixed per person. I guess we'll have to wait and see over the next months.

just checked this sale out - for a 1A veranda on norwegian fjords next May - you effectively pay an extra £210 (gbp) in total  and get the drinks package, gratuities (worth £170) and $140 (dollars) OBC  - so not too bad a sale - however compare the cost now with those perks at £3,778 to the price we paid when we booked back in March - £2,678 (including CBP and $300 OBC) and its effectively £1,010 more than it was - which makes it not that much of a sale !!

• Like 1

I have just had ours recalculated by Celebrity UK under the Best Price Guarantee. We lost USD10 pp OBC but gained 14 days pre paid gratuiities, so very happy. We originally had USD 300 OBC and CDP..

it appears as if X has finally closed another loophole with the across the board SBC of $150/cruise pp.   It has change  the amount to $10/day pp.   It use to be if you took a shorter cruise like 4 days you would have received $150,  now it would be $40.  

It appears as of you get the full $150 pp if you choose all 4 perks with the current promo.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I went on the site a few minutes ago, and the base price for the cruise I was looking at for March, 2021 on the Apex wet up about $150.00 from yesterday. So much for free Grats, and, of course, $70.00pp OBC as opposed to $150.00pp prior the this sale. Thanks for nothing Celebrity. Another shell game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, deliver42 said:

I just went on the web site, and nothing has changed.

Yes, Celebrity were late this time. It's live now, though.

1 hour ago, miched said:

it appears as if X has finally closed another loophole with the across the board SBC of $150/cruise pp.   It has change  the amount to $10/day pp.   It use to be if you took a shorter cruise like 4 days you would have received $150,  now it would be $40.  

It appears as of you get the full $150 pp if you choose all 4 perks with the current promo.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Exactly my point in the original post. This may be the future of the OBC perk - or it may not. Perhaps Celebrity will be testing it out during the next months; XX$ OBC pppd on the 2-perk option, or the fixed 150$ pp on the 4-perk option, to see how it sells, and how many will choose 4 perks instead of 2.

54 minutes ago, mikkelhansen said:

Yes, Celebrity were late this time. It's live now, though.

Exactly my point in the original post. This may be the future of the OBC perk - or it may not. Perhaps Celebrity will be testing it out during the next months; XX$ OBC pppd on the 2-perk option, or the fixed 150$ pp on the 4-perk option, to see how it sells, and how many will choose 4 perks instead of 2.

You may well prove to be right it's to see what the market will bear.   For example, who pays over $300 pp more for 4 perks arguably worth only $150 plus upgrade to premium bev worth $132.

This is fantastic. We are making the break from, "Doom & Gloom," to getting good deals and getting back onboard our ships. I think this is a healthy sign of folks ready to get back to cruising. See you soon.

Bon Voyage!

Edited by Bill Miller

Flash sale is more expensive for both cruises I currently have booked.

October 2020 Balcony-currently have the 4 perks + another $400 in onboard credit =$4652cdn. (Booked this cruise May 6th 2020)
To book in same category under the FLASH SALE would lose $100 in OBC and by the time we paid for unlimited internet( business need) the cruise would cost $200 more.

April 2021 Transatlantic- balcony-currently have 3 perks (classic bev, wifi, gratuity) + $200 OBC. =$4500cdn  (Booked this cruise November 27th 2019)

To book in the same category under the FLASH SALE would lose unlimited internet and would gain $160 in OBC. However to book now would cost $8288 and I would still need to pay for internet.😂😂😂

Incase anybody is still looking at this, I would double check if you would make a saving or not. As usual the celebrity website is not the best so make sure your captain club number applies and you go through all the screens to the very end.

In my cruise, it appeared to make no difference in the price displayed for the room when selecting it or subsequently picking best value and the perks screen. On the last screen it dropped in price by £275 ($340) versus what I had rebooked for in the sale earlier this month. So the only difference is swapping the free wifi perk I had for $200 on board credit. Gave them a call and they changed it no problem and happy with the saving 😁

Happy with the deal we got..... for UK customers best to book in the UK due to exchange rate and for some cruises the us prices are ridiculous

We booked med/Israel cruise for sept 21 got the three perks on offer and took advantage of the 10% cc discount

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

A new flash sale starts tomorrow, June 11. It's a slight variation of the May Flash Sale, and consists of the following:

Classic Beverage package, Unlimited Internet and $100 Onboard credit per person (fixed amount).

Booking window: June 11, 2020 - June 15, 2020, applicable for "select" sailings departing October 03, 2020 – May 4, 2022. "Offer applies to new individual bookings" (take that with a grain of salt).

The offer is combinable with the June savings offer, FCC and the Captain's Club Loyalty bonus OBC (which results in total 300$pp OBC for suite guests and 200$pp for Veranda, Concierge and Aqua Class), which I mentioned here :

For cruises up to 10 nights, the new sale is better OBC-wise, as the May offer was 10$pppd, whereas the new offer is 100$ per person as a fixed amount, hence the new sale is worse for cruises 11+ nights.

The gratuities have been substituted with unlimited wifi, which on paper has a higher value than gratuities, but may have 0$ value for some guests.

As discussed earlier in this thread, Celebrity may be experimenting with the OBC amount they will give out for their future promotions. Within two weeks, we have already seen two variants; 10$pppd and 100$pp fixed amount. Both are lower than the "standard" 150$pp, even on 14-day cruises the new amounts are lower, 140$pp and 100$pp respectively. It will be an easy way to cut corners for Celebrity, as just 10$pppd less than the current rate ends out being a hefty saving on a full cruise ship.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Special_Offers/CEL_PerkUp_and_Go_Sale.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Yet another flash sale starting on Friday, June 26, and lasting until and including next Tuesday, June 30: Classic Beverage Package and 300$ OBC per person for the first two persons in the stateroom, when booking on the "Sail" price tier. This should mean that this offer would technically be at a lower price than any other combination of two perks - also cheaper than beverage package and 150$pp, since that's the standard 2-perk offer on the "Sail Plus" price tier, which has a fixed upcharge of 20$pppd.

As always, the offer is applicable for "new bookings" (but try your luck with your existing booking, if the new price during the promotion is good) on all stateroom types from Inside to Aqua Class, and applicable for "select" sailings departing October 3, 2020 - May 4, 2022. Combinable with the June savings offer and FCCs.

IMO, this is the best combination of perks in any of the recent flash sales - 300$ OBC per person is only very rarely offered, eg. on Black Friday or birthday promotions, and the beverage package has by far the highest purchase value.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Special_Offers/CEL_Extra_Credit_Sale.pdf