May 24, 2021 17 day Tahiti is gone!

Petoonya

OK, try not to panic.  [OK, panic.  But let's grasp at a straw...]  They just offered you a free upgrade because your agent has a big group on that sailing.  That doesn't sound like they were in the process of cancelling or chartering [unless you are part of the charter].  So maybe they are repricing and just took those cruises off the website until they get all the changes input???

13 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

OK, try not to panic.  [OK, panic.  But let's grasp at a straw...]  They just offered you a free upgrade because your agent has a big group on that sailing.  That doesn't sound like they were in the process of cancelling or chartering [unless you are part of the charter].  So maybe they are repricing and just took those cruises off the website until they get all the changes input???

Host Jazzbeau.....thank you.

I've taken several deep breaths 😉 It'll be ok.....they have a 4/29 18 day that hopefully I can switch to if this isn't a go. Lost a bucket of $ stupidly on air to do this cruise and will punch myself if I screwed up again. Tomorrow I sense that I'll be writing that all is well.

Thanks for your calming words.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, milepig said:

Is you booking still showing on MyWindstar?

Thanks so much Milepig. Yes the booking is still showing on My Windstar and lo and behold Windstar says it's sold out as is the sailing before it. So my panic was for naught. I guess the prices have created a BUY. Thanks for your support and thoughtfulness.

3 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

Thanks so much Milepig. Yes the booking is still showing on My Windstar and lo and behold Windstar says it's sold out as is the sailing before it. So my panic was for naught. I guess the prices have created a BUY. Thanks for your support and thoughtfulness.

Good news!

So happy for you and that I could help a bit. I don’t know if it’s unique to WS, but they don’t say “sold out”, cruises just disappear from the schedule. I am so jealous, we’re stuck here in Chicago where I say “every day is a Wednesday”. It just goes on and on and trip after trip is cancelled. 

37 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Good news!

Thanks Host Jazzbeau. Really appreciate your words of support 🙂 Know you've done it for many others- you saved me from the deep end last evening.

36 minutes ago, milepig said:

So happy for you and that I could help a bit. I don’t know if it’s unique to WS, but they don’t say “sold out”, cruises just disappear from the schedule. I am so jealous, we’re stuck here in Chicago where I say “every day is a Wednesday”. It just goes on and on and trip after trip is cancelled. 

Ho boy. Milepig, really feeling for you with the canceled cruises. It's got to be depressing. Hoping that this COVID stuff is a little behind us with perhaps a vaccine next spring or fear you'll be comforting me again. Was back in Chicago just this time last year, mostly visiting my hometown of Wilmette. Weather was up and down, mostly down but mid-June is approaching and heavenly times will be upon you again. Thanks for your encouragement. Would love it if we could do the So Pacific together.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, milepig said:

That's not been my experience. I've been on sold out Windstar cruises several of times. The cruises stayed on the schedule and said Call for Availability. 

22 minutes ago, new_cruiser said:

That's not been my experience. I've been on sold out Windstar cruises several of times. The cruises stayed on the schedule and said Call for Availability. 

That seems like a better way.  First, it prevents the kind of agita that Petoonya just experienced.  Second, it lets long-term planners see what the entire season looks like.  Third, it may secure a few waitlist bookings that ensure the cruise stays full.  And it shouldn't be any harder to program than delisting a cruise.

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

That seems like a better way.  First, it prevents the kind of agita that Petoonya just experienced.  Second, it lets long-term planners see what the entire season looks like.  Third, it may secure a few waitlist bookings that ensure the cruise stays full.  And it shouldn't be any harder to program than delisting a cruise.

I agree Jazzbeau, and come to think of it that is the way I've seen WS do it....listed as "call for availability". The other curious thing is that the day before my cruise disappeared my TA got me an upgraded from a B to an A (free). Seems odd that there would be any space to move anyone if the cruise was close to sold out.

But to heck with it. If I can trust them I'm on the cruise.