interior ship configuration

wcflats

Does anyone have any idea or information on how Princess might reconfigure ship interior for physical layout or passenger flow for any new guidelines for social distancing etc. post Covid?We are going on Royal in December.   Thanks for any insight.

• Thanks 1

I don't think anyone has any ideas at this point.  If the ships start sailing later this year, cruise lines might come out with some details on how things will be handled.  Until then everything would probably be speculation unless someone posts actually working for a cruise line.  Travel agents might get info as those cruise dates appear to be a go.

2 hours ago, wcflats said:

Does anyone have any idea or information on how Princess might reconfigure ship interior for physical layout or passenger flow for any new guidelines for social distancing etc. post Covid?We are going on Royal in December.   Thanks for any insight.

I like the optimism that by December we will be post Covid.  I don't think we will be post Covid but we may be seeing the beginning of the end if they come out with vaccines.  I will be pleasantly surprised if Mexico has their ports open to cruisers by then, but who knows what the near future will bring. A lot will depend on whether or not we have vaccines available and whether or not the public has confidence in them.

2 hours ago, wcflats said:

We are going on Royal in December.  

I'm pretty doubtful about the cruises we have booked for next May/June. December of this year seems very unlikely.

12 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I'm pretty doubtful about the cruises we have booked for next May/June. December of this year seems very unlikely.

I am also skeptical. I am trying to hang on to the thought that we will be as back to

normal as possible. We have a "Down Under" cruise scheduled to depart on March 27.

Some friends want us to add on the Transatlantic which would bring us home to Seattle.

(actually quite a deal when you factor in the air).

But, I don't know...………………………. Our Down Under friends do not seem very positive.

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

I tend to plan for the worst and hope for the best.  I also plan for the worst and work toward the best.

• Like 1

I have no confidence that my cruse  for this December will be safe. I am a little more hopeful that my April Hawaii cruise will be a go if there is a vaccine available at that time.  Otherwise I am very certain that my cruise in December 2021 I’ll happen. That is about as optimistic as I can be

1 hour ago, patrickmoran said:

Unless the cruise lines sell less than 50% of the cabins, there isn't much they can do.  Like the airline, they need to pack them in to make money.  Cruise fares would have to double or more.

Hubby flew home Thursday and flight was about 50% full, flee back to work Monday and flight was about 60%. 
Everyone had to wear a mask in airport and on plane, there was no onboard service etc.

13 hours ago, nini said:

I am also skeptical. I am trying to hang on to the thought that we will be as back to

normal as possible. We have a "Down Under" cruise scheduled to depart on March 27.

Some friends want us to add on the Transatlantic which would bring us home to Seattle.

(actually quite a deal when you factor in the air).

But, I don't know...………………………. Our Down Under friends do not seem very positive.

Transpacific?

12 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I tend to plan for the worst and hope for the best.  I also plan for the worst and work toward the best.

I love it.  I use your first phrase often myself.  Also, unconsciously, I actually do your second phrase.  My wife hates it, she thinks that I am a pessimist.  I look at it as more of an optimistic realist.  I have a new phrase, the combination of the two.  I will give Daniel A proper reference.  Thanks

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Julia’s Journey’s said:

Hubby flew home Thursday and flight was about 50% full, flee back to work Monday and flight was about 60%. 
Everyone had to wear a mask in airport and on plane, there was no onboard service etc.

Two weeks ago, I flew 3 flights on United.  Last leg was 95% full on a small commuter craft.  United stated during the safety briefings that face coverings were required and that they would supply them if you didn't have one.  However, I saw several people who did not wear them, and no attempt was made by the crew to engage these people over face coverings (one was across the aisle from me) or enforce anything.  Water and pretzels were offered, so you had to remove your covering if you wanted this.