Deal of the decade ...

• 2 weeks later...

I booked a trip for my family and parents this October for $524 pp! A bit less for the kids 🙂

Though, now I am second guessing whether it was too soon given all the restrictions that are only just being lifted in July... 

9 hours ago, aururab said:

I booked a trip for my family and parents this October for $524 pp! A bit less for the kids 🙂

Though, now I am second guessing whether it was too soon given all the restrictions that are only just being lifted in July... 

Good buy  ... which airline?

1 hour ago, aururab said:

United, just realized it is the same deal, the kids were just cheaper so the average price was $524 🙂

Great deal  .... you nabbed it before it's gone on those dates  ... appears they only allow a few at that price on certain dates.

Yeah. We had been debating since before the pandemic began, and they had 6 seats available, it took a lot of going back and forth to find dates with that many.  Even better, I used my Chase reward points, it was only around 36,000 points per ticket, even covering taxes. 

Now to figure out how to get a letter stating my COVID test results when it is taking 7 days for letters to be mailed out!

Tahitianbigkahuna,

I had another question for you, we are staying at an airbnb on Taha'a and I am having trouble finding a tour operator for an island tour. Do you happen to know the name of the operation that does the "Exploration of Taha'a" tour?

2 hours ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

Tahitianbigkahuna,

I had another question for you, we are staying at an airbnb on Taha'a and I am having trouble finding a tour operator for an island tour. Do you happen to know the name of the operation that does the "Exploration of Taha'a" tour?

I do not  ....

I always take the drift snorkel excursion when I'm on Tahaa from the ship. I've done Tahaa on land as well for vanilla farm and pearl farm but that was years ago.

4 hours ago, aururab said:

Tahitianbigkahuna,

Years ago we used Bruno with Excursion Bleue.  Look for him online.  Hopefully he's still in business.

4 hours ago, aururab said:

Our Airbnb can bring us over to Raiatea 🙂 thanks!

Then I would recommend Bruno  .... you get a pearl farm, vanilla farm, lunch on a motu, a few snorkeling stops including the famous drift snorkel next to the Le Tahaa Resort. Bruno's boat is very comfy ....

Click on the link  ...

Bruno

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

On 6/18/2020 at 4:01 PM, Friscorays said:

Got an email from ATN.  They are currently offering round trip LAX to PPT for $676.  Not too bad.

Yes they are but it isn't available on may days though the fare on those days is very good, usually in the $850 -

4950 range.  You and I both know the norm for years was $1400 and up  .... no matter which fare you get today it is better than years past 😉