More Cruises cancelled May 28

franktown

so, in my future situation - late November cruise - if PRINCESS cancels it, not me ..

and I 'let it ride' - what will my amount to a future cruise be ?

$ 100 FCC applied to current cruise ( based on a $ 100 NRD converted to FCC )

$ 200 refundable deposit paid

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

so, in my future situation - late November cruise - if PRINCESS cancels it, not me ..

and I 'let it ride' - what will my amount to a future cruise be ?

$ 100 FCC applied to current cruise ( based on a $ 100 NRD converted to FCC )

$ 200 refundable deposit paid

If you make final payment before Princess cancels, what will your FCC be?

Also, just announced by Canadian government that all cruise ships with more than 500 passengers will be banned from Canadian ports until October 31, 2020.   So that will take the sail out of Alaskan cruises which depart / or disembark on our Western coast as well as many of the fall cruises that stop in our Eastern ports (Halifax, St. John, New Brunswick, etc.) 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, dog said:

If you make final payment before Princess cancels, what will your FCC be?

I guess still the $ 100 … why would that change ?

about $ 1,000 still due including port fees & insurance

cruise fare only - total $ $ 1,100 

Edited by voljeep

22 minutes ago, pink845 said:

Also, just announced by Canadian government that all cruise ships with more than 500 passengers will be banned from Canadian ports until October 31, 2020.   So that will take the sail out of Alaskan cruises which depart / or disembark on our Western coast as well as many of the fall cruises that stop in our Eastern ports (Halifax, St. John, New Brunswick, etc.) 

Where did you get that date?  The last published date was July 1 AFAIK.

If you are speaking to my post, our Canadian Prime Minster Justin Trudeau is speaking to the media in Canada as I type this post.  All cruise ships 500 Passengers and more banned from Canadian ports until Oct 31, 2020.  All Canadian media outlets reporting this as well.  But he is right on TV saying it and our Transportation Minister announced it earlier this morning as well.  Print media takes a few more minutes to post.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, pink845 said:

Also, just announced by Canadian government that all cruise ships with more than 500 passengers will be banned from Canadian ports until October 31, 2020.   

Actually it's any ship with sleeping accommodations with a capacity of more than 100 people.  

"Cruise ships with overnight accommodations allowed to carry more than 100 persons are prohibited from operating in Canadian waters until October 31, 2020."   

See official announcement:

https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-canada/news/2020/05/minister-garneau-announces-updated-measures-for-cruise-ships-and-passenger-vessels-in-canadian-waters-up-to-october-31-2020.html

Pretty much amounts to the same thing but may also limit some of the small ships cruisers.  The prohibition may not end up blocking ships from going from the West Coast to Alaska.  There is an exemption for cruise ships just passing through.

Now, could a Princess ship sail from LA, stop in Ensenada, sail up the coast and continue on to tour Alaska with a return to LA?  (Given CDC not placing an extension of their ban.)