Help me understand the FCC

UrbishN

I was booked on a June cruise that was cancelled. Have every intention of rebooking so took the FCC. Booked on Radiance for next summer and the work on her seems ify  . If carnival cancels her sailings , would the fcc portion of my fare become refundable ? I realize if I cancel the answer is probably not  . I have insurance through a 3rd party but highly doubt that fcc amount would be included in any claim consideration. 

If you cancel only your deposit becomes at risk depending on the rate you booked. Some deposits are are refundable. Did you add some cash to the booking?

You can always cancel before final payment and at worst get the deposit kept and fcc refunded.

Chances are slim your cruise next year would be completely cancelled, so I wouldnt count on that. More than likely a different ship will be substituted and if so getting a complete refund might be a option. Or they might offer you obc incentive to cruise on a different sailing.

Only your deposit amt is at risk if you cancelled (before final payment) and rebooked for instance early saver where the deposit is not refundable. Cancel terms are readily readable in FAQ.

Edited by firefly333

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

If you cancel only your deposit becomes at risk depending on the rate you booked. Some deposits are are refundable. Did you add some cash to the booking?

You can always cancel before final payment and at worst get the deposit kept and fcc refunded.

Chances are slim your cruise next year would be completely cancelled, so I wouldnt count on that. More than likely a different ship will be substituted and if so getting a complete refund might be a option. Or they might offer you obc incentive to cruise on a different sailing.

Only your deposit amt is at risk if you cancelled (before final payment) and rebooked for instance early saver where the deposit is not refundable. Cancel terms are readily readable in FAQ.

Thanks . I thought I read somewhere that the fcc had no cash value and non refundable. 

3 minutes ago, UrbishN said:

Thanks . I thought I read somewhere that the fcc had no cash value and non refundable. 

The fcc will not be refunded as cash, you receive the fcc back to use again. It is non refundable. But you could use it for another booking, it doesnt lose its value. It has a use by date on it. Hopefully the extra obc goes with it if you decide to not take a transfer offer.

Ok maybe my question was confusing . If carnival cancels my next cruise that I transferred fcc to, is there normally an option for cash refund at that time or will I be forced to scramble to find another cruise before the fcc expiration date 

On 5/29/2020 at 5:06 PM, UrbishN said:

Future cruise credit is just that. A credit. No cash value to you. If you use it to book a cruise you will owe the Port and Tax. If your FCC has an overage they will keep it as FCC towards your next cruise. If you do not use it. it wioll expire and you are out. So we booked a cruise that ended up $14.00 more then the FCC. Our cost. Tax & Port plus $14.00 Not bad. The cancelled and we took the full refund and the FCC for the basic cost of the cruise. So this 7 day for 2021 is costing us $295.00 cannot beat that. 

4 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Future cruise credit is just that. A credit. No cash value to you. If you use it to book a cruise you will owe the Port and Tax. If your FCC has an overage they will keep it as FCC towards your next cruise. If you do not use it. it wioll expire and you are out. So we booked a cruise that ended up $14.00 more then the FCC. Our cost. Tax & Port plus $14.00 Not bad. The cancelled and we took the full refund and the FCC for the basic cost of the cruise. So this 7 day for 2021 is costing us $295.00 cannot beat that. 

Ok thanks . My first cruise was cancelled , so instead of the refund . I applied the penalty portion to a future cruise ( fcc) . My concern now , since booked on Radiance, if that cruise gets cancelled . Would I possibly then be eligible for a refund or would that portion have to be yet again transferred to another cruise . I assume it would depend on carnivals options made available. I do realize the obc would be lost . 

6 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

From what I've read extra fcc is applied as obc.

Rcl is the one if there is extra fcc a new fcc is sent to you for the overage. ... after you return from the cruise.

Carnival is so much easier imo

Edited by firefly333

1 hour ago, UrbishN said:

Ok thanks . My first cruise was cancelled , so instead of the refund . I applied the penalty portion to a future cruise ( fcc) . My concern now , since booked on Radiance, if that cruise gets cancelled . Would I possibly then be eligible for a refund or would that portion have to be yet again transferred to another cruise . I assume it would depend on carnivals options made available. I do realize the obc would be lost . 

I doubt you would just be cancelled once carnival restarts.

Its more likely they might offer to move you to another ship and offer incentive obc to move.

I too am watching radiance, but different date