June 1st announcement coming re: cruise protocol going forward

Just had a lengthy chat with my PCC.  She said on June 1st there will be an announcement made to the public about protocol for cruising in the future.  The agents cannot release any information at this time for understandable reasons, plus, she said, some issues are not yet fully decided on.   She did say they would be sailing with reduced capacity but how much was still undecided.

So hopefully on Monday our speculations will answered and a whole new round of griping and groaning can commence.

while we were talking she checked my reservations and my January sailing had gone down $90 per person and the new offer gave us $200 in OBC.  I did notice though, that our dining amenity has gone from 3 meals (which had already been reduced from 4) down to 2.  But with the extra money we can pay for another specialty dining if we want.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

yes i believe they will announce what will be the new protocols about a month before they sail.  i just applied my fcc's to my final payment on my sept 16th 2020 ncl cruise. 

Monday will be two months before they sail if they resume on August 1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seaman11 said:

yes i believe they will announce what will be the new protocols about a month before they sail....

Based on the last few posts, you are back to saying July sailing....is that what you think??

3 hours ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

Just had a lengthy chat with my PCC.  She said on June 1st there will be an announcement made to the public about protocol for cruising in the future.  The agents cannot release any information at this time for understandable reasons, plus, she said, some issues are not yet fully decided on.   She did say they would be sailing with reduced capacity but how much was still undecided....

Thank you for sharing this.    It would be great if they can let us know more of their plans and which ships might start up first.  

• Like 1

Just now, njhorseman said:

No...not just in the US...not anywhere in the world until August or later for the major cruise lines and many others.

Well i dont know about that. We shall see. Some countries may fully open up sooner than august. 

Just now, seaman11 said:

Well i dont know about that. We shall see. Some countries may fully open up sooner than august. 

The cruise lines already cancelled those July cruises....they're off the schedule, done and over with...they no longer exist. Previously booked passengers are already lined up to get their FCCs and refunds. You can't book these cruises .

Try reading the news...it will prevent you from putting your foot in your mouth. Here's the latest cruise resumption status. Cruise Critic updates this information on almost a daily basis:  https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5206/ .

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

The cruise lines already cancelled those July cruises....they're off the schedule, done and over with...they no longer exist. Previously booked passengers are already lined up to get their FCCs and refunds. You can't book these cruises .

Try reading the news...it will prevent you from putting your foot in your mouth. Here's the latest cruise resumption status. Cruise Critic updates this information on almost a daily basis:  https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5206/ .

You might be the one with egg on your face. I see some july dates there.  We shall see 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, seaman11 said:

You might be the one with egg on your face. I see some july dates there.  We shall see 

You need to re-read what I said. I said all the major cruise lines and many others, not every cruise line. I suggest you look at all the cruise lines that are part off the NCLH group, the Carnival Corporation group and the Royal Caribbean group, plus Disney, as well as many others and you won't find any cruises prior to July 31 or August 1...and even later in some cases.

Edited by njhorseman

1 minute ago, njhorseman said:

You need to re-read what I said. I said all the major cruise lines and many others, not every cruise line. I suggest you look at all the cruise lines that are part off the NCLH group, the Carnival Corporation group and the Royal Caribbean group, plus Disney, as well as many others and you won't find any cruises prior to July 31 or August 1...and even later in some cases.

Next you will say oh but no big ships if a smaller one goes.  I feel august as well but iv heard reports of ships in different countries with no cdc restrictions may be going in july. Major line or not is immaterial the point is if ships will go at all. 

1 minute ago, seaman11 said:

Next you will say oh but no big ships if a smaller one goes.  I feel august as well but iv heard reports of ships in different countries with no cdc restrictions may be going in july. Major line or not is immaterial the point is if ships will go at all. 

Once again, and for last time,  I didn't say there will be no cruises sailing anywhere in the world . I said no cruises on any of the cruise lines owned by the major cruise line holding companies. Read the article I cited. If you don't believe the article to go the cruise line websites. Those cruises have all been cancelled. 

5 hours ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

Just had a lengthy chat with my PCC.  She said on June 1st there will be an announcement made to the public about protocol for cruising in the future.  The agents cannot release any information at this time for understandable reasons, plus, she said, some issues are not yet fully decided on.   She did say they would be sailing with reduced capacity but how much was still undecided. So hopefully on Monday our speculations will answered and a whole new round of griping and groaning can commence.

So, this is good news. It means that the cruise line has received approval of their reopening plans from the US Government. And they are deciding the details on how to implement those plans. They will decide which ships to open and when. And the itineraries. Then there will be the mass cancellation of  cruises that don't meet their reopening plans (and much hate and discontent on CC). 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 5

Based on Disney’s announcement, I do not plan to spend additional money for half a vacation.  They are canceling all parades, fireworks, shows, etc., in their theme parks, but charging more.  Plus, having to wear a mask all day long in the heat and humidity of Orlando is not my idea of a good time.

I will wait until everything gets back to “the old normal”.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, seaman11 said:

...I feel august as well but iv heard reports of ships in different countries with no cdc restrictions may be going in july...

Which cruiselines, and what ships specifically....and the source of these reports?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, njhorseman said:

....Here's the latest cruise resumption status. Cruise Critic updates this information on almost a daily basis:  https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5206/ .

Thanks njhorseman, interesting info', and we both know most of the dates are aspirational to say the least!

Crystal, Seabourn and Silversea look to me the most plausible as they are showing later dates for specific ships, and that gives the appearance of a thought out plan.

That has set me thinking, for the next couple of years that may be the way to go with much less people on board and more space. We wouldn't normally pay these prices, but if they reduce closer to sailing we might be tempted and do one per year instead of our normal two!

Most of what you post makes sense to me, so thanks for all of that too.

Edited by hamrag
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, seaman11 said:

Here we go again with "some".   And "we shall see".     Which countries?   And which cruise line?  You have sources.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, seaman11 said:

Another catch word "might".  Lets not be accountable if you are wrong.  And what will be on your face if your guesses are wrong?

14 hours ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

Just had a lengthy chat with my PCC.  She said on June 1st there will be an announcement made to the public about protocol for cruising in the future.  The agents cannot release any information at this time for understandable reasons, plus, she said, some issues are not yet fully decided on.   She did say they would be sailing with reduced capacity but how much was still undecided.

So hopefully on Monday our speculations will answered and a whole new round of griping and groaning can commence.

On May 14th I posted the following here on Cruise Critic after having a conversation with an NCL agent about which cruises were likely to happen and which weren't.   I was a little skeptical about it so it is good to hear another agent confirming their plans to finally offer some information.   I hope the agent I spoke to was right about "their starting schedule." 

Fingers crossed...:-)

"A NCL agent told me the other day that the company was going to put out their starting schedule "in June" "in two weeks."  That may be true; but personally I don't give it any credibility.  I'll be surprised if his information was accurate." 

10 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

So, this is good news. It means that the cruise line has received approval of their reopening plans from the US Government. And they are deciding the details on how to implement those plans. They will decide which ships to open and when. And the itineraries. Then there will be the mass cancellation of  cruises that don't meet their reopening plans (and much hate and discontent on CC). 

I don't think it says that at all.  

The PCC said there are "some issues are not yet fully decided on."

My guess is the CDC is not going to approve a plan with things still to be determined.  They gave the specific parameters of what it would take (e.g. Evacuation plans without CG assistance, onboard quarantining, etc.)  All of that will have to be determined and etched in stone before approval.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Corliss said:

On May 14th I posted the following here on Cruise Critic after having a conversation with an NCL agent about which cruises were likely to happen and which weren't.   I was a little skeptical about it so it is good to hear another agent confirming their plans to finally offer some information.   I hope the agent I spoke to was right about "their starting schedule." 

Fingers crossed...:-)

"A NCL agent told me the other day that the company was going to put out their starting schedule "in June" "in two weeks."  That may be true; but personally I don't give it any credibility.  I'll be surprised if his information was accurate." 

So,,, you know that "agents" are minimum wage call center people who make money by selling cruises. The more they make themselves sound good by making up stuff, the higher the probability that they instill confidence in some gullible customer in them and buy a cruise from them. "I know all of the reopening plans,,, but I am not at liberty to tell you want they are at this time... because they have not be decided yet.... But trust me, I am included in all of the CEO meetings...."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1