Getting off the PG mailing list

I have about 60 nights on the PG spread out over the last 20 years, and the ship and especially the crew have long been my favourite. However, the new owners, Ponant, refusal to honor their contract by refunding people's money for cancelled cruises means that I will never again sail on the PG unless Ponant sells her. I for one will not have any dealings with a company that acts like that. They can try to back down from their decision, which they seem to be doing, but that horse left the barn long long ago.
However, every week or so I get a mass e-mailing from the PG.  I have emailed them back asking to be removed from the list, which I've now escalated to demanding my removal. But I keep getting those emails.  Does anybody on this board have any information on how to get off this list?

• Like 1

Breathe ..relax..call them and be civil, it’s not the employees fault...and then move on wanderer...we all got bigger things to worry about....did you have a trip this year on the pg? Were you out $? 

10 hours ago, Larro9 said:

Breathe ..relax..call them and be civil, ...

Thank you so much for your wise advice. I will certainly try to consult you in future when issues of ethics and/or etiquette arise. Are there other areas of expertise which you will be willing to share with me, and perhaps the rest of this board?

Sorry wanderer, you felt a need to create a post all about yourself and email blasts...many people on this forum who have cruises coming up have real issues at the moment with the cruise lines..Do you read these from the unfortunate future cruisers here? ..I did give you the obvious answer, personally call, it’s just that easy and very pro-active...after 60 nights in 20 years, which is impressive respectfully said, they should know you..cheers on your sarcasm skills also....Just pick up the phone ..all the best and take care ! 

• Like 1

On 5/31/2020 at 8:57 AM, DavidTheWonderer said:

I have about 60 nights on the PG spread out over the last 20 years, and the ship and especially the crew have long been my favourite. However, the new owners, Ponant, refusal to honor their contract by refunding people's money for cancelled cruises means that I will never again sail on the PG unless Ponant sells her. I for one will not have any dealings with a company that acts like that. They can try to back down from their decision, which they seem to be doing, but that horse left the barn long long ago.
However, every week or so I get a mass e-mailing from the PG.  I have emailed them back asking to be removed from the list, which I've now escalated to demanding my removal. But I keep getting those emails.  Does anybody on this board have any information on how to get off this list?

DavidTheWonderer, good question and thanks for raising it.

I can not assist in this regard, but most definitely agree with your position.

I cancelled a August 2021 cruise this past March. My TA indicated it could take over 90 days for a refund, so I did a credit card dispute. Got an immediate holding credit and yesterday the full amount was certified by my credit card.

If I did not do the credit card dispute, who knows if and when my deposit would be returned.

Ponant is undeserving of your or my business.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

We have had so many mights ob the PG that we cannnot recall how many! We don't get any ads from them. via email or mail. Maybe they know it wouldn't help them until and unless they start giving cash refund for cruises THEY cancel..

Edited by Dolebludger
  • Like 1