Fast refund

stretchcruz

We cancelled our October Rome to Miami cruise through our TA late Thursday. Not sure when she notified Viking, but the refund was credited to my credit card yesterday (Saturday). It's $1,000 short but the first part of the refund was credited in 2 installments so I expect that the $1,000 will show up soon. I was fully expecting to wait a couple of months for it. We look forward to rescheduling for sometime next year, but we couldn't find an itinerary like this one, nor a long cruise for the amount that we paid. So we are going to keep our eyes out. We love Viking and look forward to sailing again.

I am happy that your refund experience was so prompt. Ours took considerably longer, but my expectations were that it would take time and I was patient, so I was not disappointed. We too are great Viking fans of Viking, and truly wish them the best as we all navigate these complicated times. 

I hope others reading of your experience will understand that your experience is not the norm right now. Having reasonable expectations can make waiting for a refund easier to handle.

Looking forward to our next Viking cruise, hopefully end of April next year. It really must be true that absence makes the heart grow fonder, because I would be really fonder of a Viking cruise right now!

• Like 2

We cancelled our October cruise on May 28 and all but our $1000 deposit (on a credit card) was deposited back into our checking account on May 29.  Of course, they kept the $100 pp fee and will apply it to a FCC.  Way to go, Viking!!

Only a few minute wait time 11am Eastern 1 -Jun-20.
My Viking rep was really pushing the 125% future cruise credit. I think I confirmed 3 times for cash refund. Was told 45 days.
Unless I get a confirmation email I will call back later in the week.

We received our refund for October 2020 Bangkok, Bali and Beyond cruise in less than two weeks.  We had paid the entire fare and received the full amount minus a $100 per person service fee.  We also received a $300 FCC.  We were pleased with the response time and process.  We look forward to sailing with Viking in the future.

Joel Barry

So I am absolutely stunned!   Given so many people have had horrible refund experiences with Viking, my expectations were quite low.   We cancelled our Rome to Miami Oct cruise officially on June 4 - and here this morning on June 5, we have the refund credited to our account!   ONE DAY !!   We must be incredibly lucky.

• Like 2

While not quite as fast as one day, we cancelled a Viking River Cruise on May 29 and got our refund on June 2.  Very pleased - good job Viking.  A the refund for a cancelled MSC cruise took 60 days.

• 2 weeks later...

I cancelled our August Homelands Viking Cruise in mid April and have had no communication or explanation on when to expect our refund.

I am reasonably happy with the delay,  I am not sure why some people get their refund within days though.  Maybe that you are all in the USA and we are in New Zealand, dealing with the Australian Viking office, paying in Australian dollars with associated foreign currency transaction fees.  Sounds so complicated🤔.

We were given vouchers equivalent to our non-refundable deposit which I though was very generous and can’t wait to be in a position to use them.  Fingers crossed for next year.

It would be interesting to hear from people in other countries to see if their refunds have arrived as quickly

as those who have posted above.

Good luck.

On 6/15/2020 at 9:33 AM, Lizmore said:

It would be interesting to hear from people in other countries to see if their refunds have arrived as quickly

as those who have posted above.

We're in UK.  Our July cruise was cancelled in the last batch, on 28th May, and like you we are expecting to wait a few weeks for the refund to show.   Hopefully not months!

For our October 6 Rome-Miami Cruise that we cancelled, we had the major portion to our checking account in 1 day.  We got the VISA credit yesterday for $800 (about 2 weeks later).   This reflects the $1000 deposit less the $200 cancellation penalty.  I am hoping we'll someday see a $200 Future Cruise Credit.

Viking cancelled our July Baltic cruise at the beginning of this month.  When my ta called she was told we’d get a cash refund in about 40 days.  It only took 16 days to get the full refund of our payment which was made via credit card.  There is still the initial deposit outstanding which we paid with a personal check.  We called yesterday and were told that would be about another week. Our travel insurance with Allianz was refunded immediately, after we had contacted them.  Overall we have been very satisfied in how promptly our total outlay of ~$20,000 was refunded.  We look forward to booking a future cruise with Viking whenever this pandemic ends and/or there is a vaccine for it.  Until then, reluctantly ,  we will stay closer to home.