Terevau Ferry vs Aremiti?

Petoonya

Any one ever taken the Aremiti Ferry? We always do Terevau and despite being the "fast ferry" they always seem to hang around he dock 30-45 min late. I've heard from locals that they operate on Tahiti time and can even leave earlier than expected. Neither ferry has decent times for our plan to do a day stay at the Hilton, Terevau leaving at 2pm and Aremiti at 4:40pm. Our ship's out at 6pm. Is Aremiti a little more on time? Slower? Maybe both companies schedules are limited due to the virus. Or maybe we should forget about the Hilton. Our ship is a 17 day and we're trying to do something with the extra day in Papeete in the middle of the cruise. Exhausted our possibilities of things to do on the big island of Tahiti.

I have taken the slow one from Papeete to Moorea for a pre cruise stay at the Hilton and it was on time.  However, it was the early morning ferry so I imagine there were no delays. We took the fast ferry on the way back to catch the cruise as we wanted to make sure not to miss the boat. We will also be on the May 24, 2021 cruise but only for the 10 day portion. We sailed the 7-day cruise 6 years ago and decided to return after our Alaska cruise in August was cancelled. 

2 hours ago, jaxbandit said:

I have taken the slow one from Papeete to Moorea for a pre cruise stay at the Hilton and it was on time.  However, it was the early morning ferry so I imagine there were no delays. We took the fast ferry on the way back to catch the cruise as we wanted to make sure not to miss the boat. We will also be on the May 24, 2021 cruise but only for the 10 day portion. We sailed the 7-day cruise 6 years ago and decided to return after our Alaska cruise in August was cancelled. 

Well sooooo happy to meet you! And thanks for the info about Aremiti. It seems that both of their schedules are a little lighter than usual probably related to COVID?

Wonder if you'd be interesting on doing in any independent excursions? I have some planned at just about every stop. Email if you're interested in any. Warning my descriptions with prices are loooooong! We are diehard snorkelers btw.

petuniafish at gmail dot com

Wow!  Such great information.  I have only booked excursions through Windstar - I like knowing that my money will be refunded in case I need to cancel.  However, the tours you listed look very tempting.  I will look over them a bit more and let you know.  I probably won't book anything until travel is a bit more certain...

1 hour ago, jaxbandit said:

Wow!  Such great information.  I have only booked excursions through Windstar - I like knowing that my money will be refunded in case I need to cancel.  However, the tours you listed look very tempting.  I will look over them a bit more and let you know.  I probably won't book anything until travel is a bit more certain...

There were only a couple vendors who asked for a deposit. By and large a handshake was good enough. Know you like to keep to Windstar excursions but take a look and ask questions if you like. Just 4-6 participants on each insures that we can accomplish a lot.  Best wishes to you. Hope this thing comes to pass!!!!