How long was your FCC for?

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

It should be vfreed@rccl.com

3 minutes ago, lurkmaster said:

Ourusualbeach gave me mbayley@rccl.com, do you have Vicki Freed? I will email her as well. Need to escalate this and continue to voice the issue until they resolve, it's obvious that it is wrong and the customer service reps are giving incorrect information.

Curious what did the supervisor even say? Can they point us or send us the "fine print" that they are saying is the policy.

what he said did not even make sense!  He said because they did not yet make final payment it was a year from cancel date, but that did not make sense either since all the expirations were end of May next year. 

2 minutes ago, karena1 said:

what he said did not even make sense!  He said because they did not yet make final payment it was a year from cancel date, but that did not make sense either since all the expirations were end of May next year. 

it is maddening I don't know what script they are reading from, but that policy is literally made up!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, karena1 said:

13 minutes ago, lurkmaster said:

it is maddening I don't know what script they are reading from, but that policy is literally made up!

Agents will make anything up because they don't want to spend the time trying to get the right answer or alert someone to an issue.  They figure that since they work there and you don't you will believe whatever they tell you.  Call center 101 to get rid of a customer.

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Agents will make anything up because they don't want to spend the time trying to get the right answer or alert someone to an issue.  They figure that since they work there and you don't you will believe whatever they tell you.  Call center 101 to get rid of a customer.

It has been a long day, between this morning with that guy and this afternoon with a call for price drops, I spent almost 6 hours on the phone today.  And then 2 of my price drop confirms were wrong also and then the call dropped! So have to call again in the morning.

14 minutes ago, karena1 said:

It has been a long day, between this morning with that guy and this afternoon with a call for price drops, I spent almost 6 hours on the phone today.  And then 2 of my price drop confirms were wrong also and then the call dropped! So have to call again in the morning.

I'm at 4 hours 45 minutes currently on the same call.  The first part wasn't bad but then they had to transfer me to guest relations...then they had to call the department that can apply the FCC.  As I was typing this having been on hold the latest time someone answered but it was not the person I was first talking to so we are starting over....

Mine that came this weekend is wrong as well.  I cancelled April 16 for a July 20 cruise under the initial cruise with confidence program.  I sent a message via the website yesterday.  I am thinking if no response my next action may be an FTC complaint. 

3 hours ago, karena1 said:

I was told the issue date not the date cruise cancelled.  Seems like alot of people had certificates issued on may28th.  

I have read the cwc policy several times and cannot find any specific wording for cruises we cancelled prior to final payment with a NRD will have fcc issued with exp. date of December 2021.  

Is there any such wording on their site?

29 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I was told the issue date not the date cruise cancelled.  Seems like alot of people had certificates issued on may28th.  

I have read the cwc policy several times and cannot find any specific wording for cruises we cancelled prior to final payment with a NRD will have fcc issued with exp. date of December 2021.  

The reason you can't find it is because it doesn't exist! (sorry i misread your post too quickly, the May 28, 2021 expiration date "supervisors" keep referring to does not exist)

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-with-confidence

Q : How are Non-Refundable Deposit bookings impacted by this policy update?
A : Non-Refundable Deposit bookings sailing on-or-before April 30th, 2022 are eligible for the Cruise with Confidence Policy and follow the same guidelines. Prior to the Final Payment deadline, guests with a Non-Refundable Deposit bookings that wish to change to a different ship or sail date can do so with no fee assessed prior to August 1, 2020 - the change fee will be waived.

Edited by lurkmaster

36 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I think it’s pretty clear by reading the FAQs for the enhanced CWC program. The link is in post #7. 

Item 17 in those FAQs says:

FUTURE CRUISE CREDITS:
19. Assuming my client opts for a Future Cruise Credit, what is the redemption deadline?
Enhanced Cruise with Confidence FCCs are valid through December 31, 2021 or 12-months from the original sail date, whichever is further, and can be redeemed on any open sailing at time of booking. Cruise with Confidence Future Cruise Credits cannot be redeemed on the sailing where it was previously issued; Only future sail dates qualify for FCC redemption.

Couple that with FAQ #15 which says:

15.How are Non-Refundable Deposit bookings impacted by Cruise with Confidence?

Non-Refundable Deposit bookings are eligible for Cruise with Confidence and follow the same
guidelines. Prior to the Final Payment deadline, Non-Refundable Deposit bookings wishing to change to a future, qualifying ship and sail date can do so with no fee assessed if the booking is re-
accommodated on-or-before August 1, 2020. Beginning on-or-after August 2, 2020, standard policies apply.

I used their CWC cancellation form online to cancel my August cruise on May 18th. 
Part of the confirmation e-mail I received when I filled out the form said:

Your request has been received for Booking ID:xxxxxxxx

No additional action is needed on your part!

After confirming that the reservation is eligible

for Cruise with Confidence, we will issue and

send your clients their Future Cruise Certificate

within two weeks.

I received the FCC 11 days later so they obviously

agreed that the cancelation was eligible for the CWC

program,

therefore the expiration should be 12/31/2021.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

HOT OF THE PRESSES - Cross-posted this in the other post as well

Hope this email finds you well – received your note from Mr. Bayley.

I apologize for the trouble and confusion.  You see, your Future Cruise Credit was issued as part of our general non-refundable deposit process which normally gives our guests one year from the time it was issued.  But we get that with everything we have going on…and all of our new world rules, as related to Cruise With Confidence - it can be very confusing for everyone all.

So, no worries – we actually made the decision to update all of these non-refundable deposit FCCs till the December 31, 2021 expiration date for alignment and more clarity for our guests.

It’s gonna take a little bit – because we sent out a HUGE batch when you got yours.  So, please stand by – but you will see a new one with a new expiration date in the next week or so.  Bear with us, please – lots going on.  

All the best,

Aurora “Laly” Yera-Rodriguez | AVP, Guest Experience

tel: 954.628.9313 extn: 19313 | ayera-rodriguez@rccl.com

• Like 2

I got a voicemail today from RC. Said the date was an error, and will issue new credit with expiration 12/31/21. Funny, in my email, I didn't put my phone number, so they must have looked up my info. Anyway, I'm happy!

45 minutes ago, 1bets1 said:

I got a voicemail today from RC. Said the date was an error, and will issue new credit with expiration 12/31/21. Funny, in my email, I didn't put my phone number, so they must have looked up my info. Anyway, I'm happy!

I also got a call from a live person today left a VM (i make a habit of not picking up from numbers I don't know), said they couldn't find my booking number but gave me a direct number to call back, i had left my cell phone number in my email signature though.

Edited by lurkmaster

I'm so glad the OP started this thread. I was in a similar situation - I cancelled my June cruise once Cruise with Confidence was announced, and when I received the email with my FCC, it stated that my credit expired 4/18/21, and my son's on 12/31/21 (same cruise! different expiration dates!).  I really didn't want to deal w/ calling them and getting contradictory or incorrect answers, so I sent one email this morning to both Michael Bayley and Vickie Freed requesting written confirmation that my credit should expire on 12/31/21.  Within *five* minutes (no joke),  Vickie Freed responded to me and provided the written confirmation I requested.  Definitely emailing is the way to go to get that written confirmation -- you can't always rely on what someone tells you on the phone.

Just got off the phone with someone stateside from RCL. She went in to the system to specifically check my bookings, said that they have been updated with the new expiration date. She said there were thousands that were issued incorrectly so they are going back and changing them all. 

I asked if we will be getting new emails with updated dates, she said she honestly didn't know what that dept was planning on doing in terms of communication, but she confirmed that the date in the system she pulled already was showing that it was updated. 

I of course am weary of not seeing it on paper, but I'll wait a little bit to see if I get an update via email etc. 

Great News!   I received an email 2 hours ago from RCL with a new exp. date of 12/31/2021 for 2 of 4 FCC's that were issued with exp. 5/28/21 last weekend.      2 more on their home - hopefully!

I hope others are getting their corrected FCC's too!

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Great News!   I received an email 2 hours ago from RCL with a new exp. date of 12/31/2021 for 2 of 4 FCC's that were issued with exp. 5/28/21 last weekend.      2 more on their home - hopefully!

I hope others are getting their corrected FCC's too!

awesome! still waiting on mine fingers crossed.