Masks

Howasaur

Our daughter and son in law grandchildren age  5 and 6  at sailing have never cruised before.  They are just a bit worried about the cruise we were to have gone in April but of course it was cancelled

On 5/31/2020 at 7:55 PM, Howasaur said:

We are scheduled for a Fantasy Cruise  Feb. 27th 2021 will we have to wear masks

booked the whole family, 4 cabins on march 27 2021.  just hoping we'll be able to go

Edited by Pennstateman

19 hours ago, fawnie said:

we are to sail on the Fantasy in August, so far we are going. However wearing a mask 100% of the time is a total deal breaker for me

We are also booked on an early August Fantasy cruise for 12 members of our family.  I would just as soon cancel at this point but Disney is not giving any consideration if we cancel now.  People on the cancelled cruises are offered 100% refund or 125% credit for a future booking.  Most other public events in our area have been cancelled for August.  I think Disney is pushing the envelope here, not so family friendly.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2020 at 7:55 PM, Howasaur said:

We are scheduled for a Fantasy Cruise  Feb. 27th 2021 will we have to wear masks

How do you know that? Did they tell you when you booked? I really thought everything was still too fluid to know that far out?

7 minutes ago, fawnie said:

How do you know that? Did they tell you when you booked? I really thought everything was still too fluid to know that far out?

OP is asking "WILL we have to wear masks?"  Not, "we will have to wear masks".

• Like 1

On 6/4/2020 at 8:50 AM, Pennstateman said:

booked the whole family, 4 cabins on march 27 2021.  just hoping we'll be able to go

We are scheduled for the Fantasy on that date as well - family trip, I hope we can go!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2020 at 9:42 AM, CPADWJ said:

We are also booked on an early August Fantasy cruise for 12 members of our family.  I would just as soon cancel at this point but Disney is not giving any consideration if we cancel now.  People on the cancelled cruises are offered 100% refund or 125% credit for a future booking.  Most other public events in our area have been cancelled for August.  I think Disney is pushing the envelope here, not so family friendly.

My family is booked on the Aug 15 cruise and was lead to believe I could cancel with no penalty. That would have been in Mid April. At that time no one knew the extent of the shut down. As you mentioned Disney is not being considerate with cancelling now. Why would anyone go on a cruise with a rampant virus still circulating? The numbers in many states are going up. I have a few more days to cancel before the charge is 50%. Was hoping they would have canceled by now. I just want to cancel and get full refund. Shame on Disney holding people to these fees at this terrible time!!

24 minutes ago, Blindbat78 said:

My family is booked on the Aug 15 cruise and was lead to believe I could cancel with no penalty. That would have been in Mid April. At that time no one knew the extent of the shut down. As you mentioned Disney is not being considerate with cancelling now. Why would anyone go on a cruise with a rampant virus still circulating? The numbers in many states are going up. I have a few more days to cancel before the charge is 50%. Was hoping they would have canceled by now. I just want to cancel and get full refund. Shame on Disney holding people to these fees at this terrible time!!

Yes, we cancelled last Friday the 12th and took the 20% hit.  Disney Fantasy and Dream are about the only two ships in the entire industry that still have departures in August.  Unless the CDC mandates, I don't think Disney will cancel because they  are not going to any foreign ports.  The Virgin Islands are begging to tourist to come back. All of the Alaska dates have been cancelled because Canada will not allow any ships into ports.

1 hour ago, CPADWJ said:

Yes, we cancelled last Friday the 12th and took the 20% hit.  Disney Fantasy and Dream are about the only two ships in the entire industry that still have departures in August.  Unless the CDC mandates, I don't think Disney will cancel because they  are not going to any foreign ports.  The Virgin Islands are begging to tourist to come back. All of the Alaska dates have been cancelled because Canada will not allow any ships into ports.

I’m going to cancel tomorrow and I’m going to complain like I’ve been doing. Only hope might be that after I and you have cancelled that Disney will cancel cruise. Maybe we could get the 20% back. If the CDC extends again the no sail order Disney won’t be sailing. And ports are not open yet. Grand Caymen is closed till Sept. other are still closed or will only just be opening. I don’t appreciate that Disney is holding me hostage to the cruise on that date. It’s not safe to cruise at this time, simple as that. Not relaxing the cancellation fees based on that is despicable and shameful. 

On 6/15/2020 at 11:36 AM, Blindbat78 said:

I’m going to cancel tomorrow and I’m going to complain like I’ve been doing. Only hope might be that after I and you have cancelled that Disney will cancel cruise. Maybe we could get the 20% back. If the CDC extends again the no sail order Disney won’t be sailing. And ports are not open yet. Grand Caymen is closed till Sept. other are still closed or will only just be opening. I don’t appreciate that Disney is holding me hostage to the cruise on that date. It’s not safe to cruise at this time, simple as that. Not relaxing the cancellation fees based on that is despicable and shameful. 

Nothing new as of today.  The Disney Fantasy has been given a provisional Green rating:

"When it comes to Disney Cruise Line, whose response plan is under review or revision, Disney Dream and Disney Wonder are provisionally red, while Disney Fantasy is provisionally green.

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/cdc-posts-color-coded-status-allowing-cruise-ship-crew-transit-us

My travel agent tells me that if Disney cancels this cruise because of the Caronavirus that they will go to bat for us to get our 20% deposit money back.

4 minutes ago, CPADWJ said:

Nothing new as of today.  The Disney Fantasy has been given a provisional Green rating:

"When it comes to Disney Cruise Line, whose response plan is under review or revision, Disney Dream and Disney Wonder are provisionally red, while Disney Fantasy is provisionally green.

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/cdc-posts-color-coded-status-allowing-cruise-ship-crew-transit-us

My travel agent tells me that if Disney cancels this cruise because of the Caronavirus that they will go to bat for us to get our 20% deposit money back.

unfortunately , I booked the trip without a TA which seemed to make sense at the time , one of the many things I wish I could go back and change now

7 minutes ago, Blindbat78 said:

I’m confused. If Fantasy is provisionally green it will sail Aug 15th. I have to cancel by Friday or jumps to 50%. I’m so hoping they will cancel the cruise. Then will get money back. 

What this color rating system is, is a rating as to how prepared any given ship is to sail again.  A provisional Green, I think. means that they have not found anything wrong as of yesterday,  but are still evaluating the ship and its plan to handle any outbreaks on the ship when and if it sails.

2 hours ago, Blindbat78 said:

I’m confused. If Fantasy is provisionally green it will sail Aug 15th. I have to cancel by Friday or jumps to 50%. I’m so hoping they will cancel the cruise. Then will get money back. 

Here's wishing you good luck that everything works out for you! But unfortunately you shouldn't count on the Fantasy sailing August 15 just because it's marked as "provisionally" Green IMO. The CDC's color system is now being used to determine how cruise lines can repatriate stranded crew back to their homes.

So if the Fantasy is "provisionally" Green it means that Disney has to meet all the other conditions from the CDC (below) to become fully Green and then will be able to fly stranded crew home via commercial transport😉

*Provisionally Green: Ship meets the surveillance criteria for “Green” status, but the following have not been completed:

Review and revision of the cruise line’s No Sail Order response plan, or

Cruise line’s signed acknowledgement of a complete and accurate plan, or

Ship’s submission of a signed attestation to CDC for crew to travel commercially.

More info:

CDC’s New Color-coded Guidance Will Make Disembarking Ships Easier for Stranded Crew

"The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will start assigning cruise ships a color-coded status to aid with the disembarking stranded crew, the agency announced this week.

The new system will dictate how and when the crew can disembark ships based on the status of coronavirus infections and how long the ship has been isolated.

If a ship is considered “Green,” it means there have been no confirmed cases of COVID-19 or similar illness for 28 days, and crew will be allowed to fly home via commercial transportation. That is a change from April when the CDC prohibited passengers or crew from boarding a commercial flight upon disembarking and said it was the cruise line’s responsibility to arrange a chartered flight or other private transportation.

“Yellow” ships have one or more cases of COVID-like illness pending a test, and “Red” ships have one or more confirmed cases of coronavirus or COVID-like illness within the past 28 days. For “Yellow” and “Red” ships, cruise lines can arrange private transportation to repatriate crew.

Additionally, the CDC requires cruise lines designated “Yellow” or “Red” to relocate onboard crew to single-occupancy cabins with private bathrooms, cancel face-to-face employee meetings, and close public spaces like gyms".

https://www.travelandleisure.com/cruises/cdc-cruise-ship-coronavirus-new-color-code-guidance

"Meeting these criteria does not mean cruise ships can resume passenger operations. We don’t have enough information at this time to say when it will be safe to resume sailing with passengers. Cruise lines may need to establish additional safety measures before sailing with passengers is permitted to resume. CDC will continue to evaluate and update its recommendations as the situation evolves".

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/crew-disembarkations-commercial-travel.html

It seems these new color coding is to get crew back to home safely and without infection to others, either on commercial flights or charter. Having non infectious crew is paramount to cruising. Next it’s the travelers to be in a safe, healthy environment. Then there is the ports. Another hurdle to have safe plans. It’s so much to accomplish in a short time. And let’s not forget the virus is still here throughout the country. I have to cancel tomorrow!  After that 50% charge. Like a hostage situation!! 

On 6/18/2020 at 11:56 AM, Blindbat78 said:

It seems these new color coding is to get crew back to home safely and without infection to others, either on commercial flights or charter. Having non infectious crew is paramount to cruising. Next it’s the travelers to be in a safe, healthy environment. Then there is the ports. Another hurdle to have safe plans. It’s so much to accomplish in a short time. And let’s not forget the virus is still here throughout the country. I have to cancel tomorrow!  After that 50% charge. Like a hostage situation!! 

This info might make a difference in your situation - fingers crossed for you!

Cruise Lines International Association, the leading trade organization for the global ocean-going cruise industry, says its member cruise lines have voluntarily extended the suspension of U.S. cruise operations until Sept. 15 amid coronavirus concerns.

The Center for Disease Control and Prevention's current "no-sail order" is scheduled to expire on July 24, but no extension has yet been announced.

CLIA's member lines carry 95% of the world's ocean-going cruisers. The new order will apply to all CLIA member ships that the current CDC order applies to – vessels that can carry 250 or more passengers.

"Although we had hoped that cruise activity in the U.S. could resume as soon as possible after that date, it is increasingly clear that more time will be needed to resolve barriers to resumption in the United States," Bari Golin-Blaugrund, senior director for strategic communications told USA TODAY, noting the organization informed the CDC of its continued voluntary suspension.

The extension comes with a caveat: The situation will be continually reevaluated as Sept. 15 approaches and the suspension may be extended further, Golin-Blaugrund explained.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2020/06/19/us-cruise-ban-cruises-suspended-until-sept-15-industry-group-clia/3222379001/