New Regent Protocols as of 1 June 2020

mrlevin

4 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

IMO the CDC requirements for cruise lines to repatriate healthy crew using only non-commercial transport was OTT, impractical and simply served to leave thousands of crew members stranded on board ships for many months.

If they insist on a similar requirement for passengers & crew going forward I cannot see how the cruise industry will remain viable.

Totally agree

4 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

IMO the CDC requirements for cruise lines to repatriate healthy crew using only non-commercial transport was OTT, impractical and simply served to leave thousands of crew members stranded on board ships for many months.

If they insist on a similar requirement for passengers & crew going forward I cannot see how the cruise industry will remain viable.

While I somewhat agree with the requirements being onerous, believe there were several entities other than the CDC that had and still have the same requirements so not strictly the CDC so it is a worldwide problem the cruise lines will need to meet in order for sailing to restart.  An extremely difficult time for the cruise lines and we all know that the costs of these repatriations will be covered by the paying customers in the end.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Why do you need to make up examples?

I am in my 80s and use oxygen. Have been cruising with oxygen for 10 years. Last year I did a transatlantic myself and flew home from Lisbon ( with a plane change in Philadelphia). 
Why should I be denied the right to cruise?
I would appreciate if folks don’t make remarks about folks like me. I promise not to make remarks about you. 
sheila

Nothing directed personally at you. My wife also has a respiratory disorder so it's a concern to me. My point was we don't yet know what will be the cruise line policy on the health of passengers sailing. It may be a different than for airlines.

The cruise lines now will have to assume total medical and financial responsibility for a passenger who has COVID. So the cruise lines (with their insurance companies) will decide who is healthy enough to cruise.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, giustot said:

Nothing directed personally at you. My wife also has a respiratory disorder so it's a concern to me. My point was we don't yet know what will be the cruise line policy on the health of passengers sailing. It may be a different than for airlines.

The cruise lines now will have to assume total medical and financial responsibility for a passenger who has COVID. So the cruise lines (with their insurance companies) will decide who is healthy enough to cruise.

You contradict yourself. First, you say you don’t know... then you make assumptions. Can’t you let it go until we hear from the CDC and Regent. Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Why do you need to make up examples?

I am in my 80s and use oxygen. Have been cruising with oxygen for 10 years. Last year I did a transatlantic myself and flew home from Lisbon ( with a plane change in Philadelphia). 
Why should I be denied the right to cruise?
I would appreciate if folks don’t make remarks about folks like me. I promise not to make remarks about you. 
sheila

Thank you Sheila for your post.  There has been no recent indication that any passengers will be denied boarding due to health factors (obviously with the exception of Covid-19).  Please do not let the negativity and made-up examples affect you.  Some posters need to be aware of what their posts do to others.  This issue was brought up months ago and was dispelled by the cruise lines.  Goodness - if someone does not want to cruise, just don't do it.  Trying to scare others is not going to work.

The only thing that is scary to me are the idiots in many states that are trying to make others sick (and risking their deaths).  If this keeps up, it would not surprise me if people that are intentionally exposing others to Covid-19 were charged with attempted murder (or, at a minimum, assault). It is probable that more states in the U.S. will block visitors from other states (as is now being done in Australia).  After all, why should states that are doing everything right and working hard (like New York) be subjected to new cases because of the irresponsible behavior of people in other states?

I would not count on worldwide cooperation here.  After all, the U.S. is in the process of pulling out of WHO (an organization that I personally feel is valuable to all of us).  

A couple of months ago, it made sense that people were giving out incorrect information.  After all, this is a "novel" virus.  However, we have more facts now and IMO, there is no reason for anyone to keep making things up.  

Even if you disagree with everything that I have posted, at least try to have some compassion for posters that have medical challenges.  Many of you are fortunate to not have medical issues but that was the case with almost all of us when we were a bit younger.  "There by the grace of God go I".

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

Thank you Sheila for your post.  There has been no recent indication that any passengers will be denied boarding due to health factors (obviously with the exception of Covid-19).  Please do not let the negativity and made-up examples affect you.  Some posters need to be aware of what their posts do to others.  This issue was brought up months ago and was dispelled by the cruise lines.  Goodness - if someone does not want to cruise, just don't do it.  Trying to scare others is not going to work.

The only thing that is scary to me are the idiots in many states that are trying to make others sick (and risking their deaths).  If this keeps up, it would not surprise me if people that are intentionally exposing others to Covid-19 were charged with attempted murder (or, at a minimum, assault). It is probable that more states in the U.S. will block visitors from other states (as is now being done in Australia).  After all, why should states that are doing everything right and working hard (like New York) be subjected to new cases because of the irresponsible behavior of people in other states?

I would not count on worldwide cooperation here.  After all, the U.S. is in the process of pulling out of WHO (an organization that I personally feel is valuable to all of us).  

A couple of months ago, it made sense that people were giving out incorrect information.  After all, this is a "novel" virus.  However, we have more facts now and IMO, there is no reason for anyone to keep making things up.  

Even if you disagree with everything that I have posted, at least try to have some compassion for posters that have medical challenges.  Many of you are fortunate to not have medical issues but that was the case with almost all of us when we were a bit younger.  "There by the grace of God go I".

Hi Jackie

Your post says it all for me....

Thanks for being there. 
sheila

12 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Then you need to take off your rose colored glasses; that interview was a disaster.  Of course, that is just my opinion based on my 62 years of experience.

Marc

Some people choose to live an optimistic life and others do not.  On March 13th - the day that our March 14th cruise was cancelled, I wasn't feeling very positive.  Within a few hours, I was back on-line looking for our next cruising adventure.  Our next two booked cruises were also canceled so we booked more.  I have had way more positive days in the last 4 months than negative ones.  Negativity has been proven to be detrimental to one's health so made a choice to wear "rose colored glasses".

flossie - agree with you about the CDC.  They used to do a pretty good job but are failing miserably in terms of reacting to Covid-19.  Unfortunately, it is up to them whether or not Regent can sail.

2 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

Unfortunately, it is up to them whether or not Regent can sail.

Technically not true.  Regent can send all their ships to Europe and Asia and sail there following their local rules.

Marc

1 minute ago, mrlevin said:

Technically not true.  Regent can send all their ships to Europe and Asia and sail there following their local rules.

Marc

NCLH has already stated that they will not be doing that.

21 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

Marc, whole you are certainly entitled to your opinions, I believe it is fair to say that you are not a fan of FDR.  This could play into your interpretation of what he said.   I feel that we should all be honest about our prejudices when making a post.  

Please don't judge other people's intentions. You can have your opinion and so can Marc but you shouldn't be judging the basis for his opinions.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, mrlevin said:

What do the debt holders and stockholders say?

You appear to know everything that is going on with NCLH so what do the debt holders and stockholder say?  I doubt if they would suggest going against the CDC and only sailing outside of the U.S. in the foreseeable future.  

• Like 1