Beverage Package for 1 guest?

Fatfish

I was on the Wind Surf in January and the Beverage Manager told me that I could book the package for just myself since my husband doesn’t drink alcohol. I didn’t end up buying it, but you could wait until you’re on the ship and see if they will accommodate you once you’re on board. 

You can pretty much purchase only one package and just share your drinks with your friend/spouse. Its not like they are going to strictly control how you use your package or whats so ever. In any case they are not that expensive, so you can just prucahse two of them and forget about it. If I were you I would rather just visit a bar. The reality is that you wont drink more than you can or want to drink anyway 

If you can get the beverage package for only one person in a couple, it is definitely a change in Windstar policy. Not to say that an individual on board beverage manager has never ignored corporate policy, but I have considered the beverage plan on most of our thirteen sailings and have always passed because of the both occupants requirement.

29 minutes ago, Barrycat said:

If you can get the beverage package for only one person in a couple, it is definitely a change in Windstar policy. Not to say that an individual on board beverage manager has never ignored corporate policy, but I have considered the beverage plan on most of our thirteen sailings and have always passed because of the both occupants requirement.

Barrycat, yes one person can be on package, this was instituted a year or 2 ago.

Wipro , never thought about the mini bar. The wine’s not great though

5 hours ago, wripro said:

You can definitely purchase the beverage package for just one guest. You cannot share drinks in the public spaces but can do so with the minibar in your suite as nobody’s looking

Just received an answer from TA...   "I did confirm with Windstar that you can purchase the Beverage Package or the All-In package for just one guest."

Thanks for the replies.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I had thought that on Windstar, both have to buy the package. Also, the liquor in the cabin isn't part of the package.  Soft drinks are complimentary everywhere including the cabin.   Drink prices per drink are ok.  We just buy a drink when we want.  It would be nice if Windstar did offer an evening cocktail hour for past guests. 

I had thought that on Windstar, both have to buy the package. Also, the liquor in the cabin isn't part of the package.  Soft drinks are complimentary everywhere including the cabin.   Drink prices per drink are ok.  We just buy a drink when we want.  It would be nice if Windstar did offer an evening cocktail hour for past guests. 

If you buy the Captains Exclusive Beverage package, the mini-bar (alcohol) is included.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Redtravel said:

You can see from this order form that the Captain's Exclusive plan includes the minibar:

https://windstarcruises-media.s3.amazonaws.com/media/plan_your_voyage/2019_gift_order_form.pdf

They used to require that both in a cabin have to buy the beverage package but when they released the new beverage plans (it might have been a couple of updates ago) they changed it to allow one person buying the package. 

But that's all academic to us - we don't drink enough to make the packages worthwhile. On a land vacation, I rarely have more than two drinks a day and often just one or zero. At sea, if anything, I drink less than that because while I'm rarely seasick, something about motion makes me not want alcohol.

1 hour ago, Redtravel said:

It would be nice if Windstar did offer an evening cocktail hour for past guests. 

Redtravel,

There is a weekly Captains Club Cocktail held on each cruise for returning guests, not sure if that is what you meant

Captains club is Celebrity.  Celebrity rewards loyalty with an nightly cocktail party.  It is a pleasant way to relax with other loyal guests. Discuss past cruises and share info with like minded guests.  Windstar does one party per cruise and serves some wine.  It’s a nice touch, but it does not promote relaxing nightly with other cruisers who are Windstar loyalists.  Instead Windstar has an evening presentation explaining upcoming ports. It really is a sales pitch for excursions.  Not a fan of being lectured to before dinner. We usually have a drink before dinner.  Often we are alone.

3 hours ago, Redtravel said:

Instead Windstar has an evening presentation explaining upcoming ports. It really is a sales pitch for excursions.  Not a fan of being lectured to before dinner. We usually have a drink before dinner.  Often we are alone.

We are the same, we stay on deck to have a few drinks and enjoy sail away.  Most of the time we are still by the pool until 7 and then get ready for dinner which is usually after 8.  Never go to the port talks.  One night last year, we were on Star Legend with some friends and noticed we were the only ones on the whole deck while enjoying a drink at the Star Bar.  This was around 7pm while everyone was in either in the lounge for port talk or getting dressed for dinner. Magical, like being on your own yacht. Our friends, first timers on Windstar, could not believe there was no one in sight. Can’t wait to go back

• Like 1