Alicante- Walking to Santa Barbara Castle

Hi!

Assuming our transatlantic cruise happens in November, DH and I are hoping to walk up to Santa Barbara Castle in Alicante. I know how to get to the lift (which we don't want to take), but I can't seem to find directions for the best/safest walking path up to the top. I know that there are a lot of stairs involved, but we're in our early 50s and in good physical health so would really like the opportunity to walk to the top. Would love to know what street or area to start in to make the climb. Thanks in advance for any info you might have!

• 1 month later...

Hello! Alicante Fortress is accessible by several ways if you want to go up on foot: from the Teniente Daoiz street or from the Ereta park. As for us we went up by car by Vázquez de Mella st. and then enjoyed little lift from there to the castle.

• 1 month later...
On 6/2/2020 at 10:44 AM, coast2coast said:

Hi!

Assuming our transatlantic cruise happens in November, DH and I are hoping to walk up to Santa Barbara Castle in Alicante. I know how to get to the lift (which we don't want to take), but I can't seem to find directions for the best/safest walking path up to the top. I know that there are a lot of stairs involved, but we're in our early 50s and in good physical health so would really like the opportunity to walk to the top. Would love to know what street or area to start in to make the climb. Thanks in advance for any info you might have!

The T/A will not happen in Nov.   Our Oct on Riviera was canceled.  When you get there the lift is the best way and then you can walk back down to get to the ship.  Good luck. 

On 8/21/2020 at 3:46 PM, RJB said:

The T/A will not happen in Nov.   Our Oct on Riviera was canceled.  When you get there the lift is the best way and then you can walk back down to get to the ship.  Good luck. 

We lifted and shifted to the Odyssey '21 TA out of Rome before the cruise was canceled. Unfortunately this new itinerary doesn't include Alicante, so I'll have to save it for another trip. 😉

21 hours ago, coast2coast said:

We lifted and shifted to the Odyssey '21 TA out of Rome before the cruise was canceled. Unfortunately this new itinerary doesn't include Alicante, so I'll have to save it for another trip. 😉

They seem to do Alicante of a lot of their trips so I am sure it will show up in the future.