"Dressiest" Cruise Line

With all the "newfound" time I now have, I am going through my closet.  I would welcome your input about which line or lines on which you have sailed where you have encountered the most ladies consistently dressed up for formal or gala evenings.  My experience has been limited to Celebrity, Hebridean, Holland America, Princess, and Seabourn.  Thank you!

• Like 1

I have been on Cunard twice and they are more formal.   Cunard does do a good job.  We now prefer smaller ships and probably won't sail with them again, but enjoyed them when we travelled with them in the past.   Have been on Regent, Seabourn, Celebrity, Holland America, Princess, etc., so we do have experience and do think Cunard is probably the most formal of them.

• Like 1

Not only are the formal nights quite formal on Cunard, the other nights are much dressier than on most other lines, too.  Sportscoat expected for men on informal nights, etc.  And the dress code applies throughout most of the public spaces all evening: theatre, bars, and so on.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DeeDee Groff said:

With all the "newfound" time I now have, I am going through my closet.  I would welcome your input about which line or lines on which you have sailed where you have encountered the most ladies consistently dressed up for formal or gala evenings.  My experience has been limited to Celebrity, Hebridean, Holland America, Princess, and Seabourn.  Thank you!

DeeDee, that is not so limited🙂........you have sailed 5 lines! 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I agree that Cunard is quite formal (I love it!), although perhaps slightly less so compard to when they had three different dress code levels. My husband and I sailed with them last summer and I actually saw couples being asked to leave the Commodore club on a formal evening for not complying to the dress code. As dressing up is a big part of why I love cruising I'm delighted they uphold the dress code.  

Rosanna

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

We like dressing up, and thus have enjoyed our Cunard cruises.  We did one 4 night cruise on QE out of Southampton, and the guests were overwhelmingly British.  It seemed to me that they were people who didn't have the opportunity to cruise much, and therefore took the opportunity to dress up every night, not just formal night.  Reminded me of my first Carnival cruise, 4 nights, in 1999.  Then, it seemed like the teens brought every formal they had, as most had only been worn once...

One cruise on Oceania, and though their overall dress suggestion is Country Club (smart) casual, my observation was that they bumped it up a notch in the evenings.  EM

• Like 2