Cruise Planner Just Refunded - our time frame experience

Just a heads up from our experience/time frame for our Cruise Planner Refund. 

We cancelled specialty dining, drink packages, and a cabana on April 29th.  It was refunded June 2nd.  It came back in multiple refunds and  different amounts, which seems to be a RC thing, but when I added the numbers they equaled what we were to be refunded. 

Hopefully this information will give you an idea to when you might expect your Cruise Planner Refund. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Just a heads up from our experience/time frame for our Cruise Planner Refund. 

We cancelled specialty dining, drink packages, and a cabana on April 29th.  It was refunded June 2nd.  It came back in multiple refunds and  different amounts, which seems to be a RC thing, but when I added the numbers they equaled what we were to be refunded. 

Hopefully this information will give you an idea to when you might expect your Cruise Planner Refund. 

It’s a PITA for tracking but when Royal issues refunds for cruise planner items it’s done by guest and not how it was purchased.  A single purchase of a dining package for 3 guests should result in 3 refunds and if you added in drink packages on the initial purchase then you should end up with 6 refunds. 

Air Canada did the same thing when I cancelled our flights to Seattle.  One charge for $800 for taxes but 4 refunds of $200....but it only took them 4 days

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our cabana refund was posted to our credit card 11 days after cancellation, including the 6 days it took to post at the credit card company. Canceled it 5/18, Refund on credit card 5/29. Also appeared in two credits, of unequal amounts, that added to the correct total. Also had a mysterious $16.57 credit posted. I have no idea what that is for. 

mac_tlc

20 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Our cabana refund was posted to our credit card 11 days after cancellation, including the 6 days it took to post at the credit card company. Canceled it 5/18, Refund on credit card 5/29. Also appeared in two credits, of unequal amounts, that added to the correct total. Also had a mysterious $16.57 credit posted. I have no idea what that is for. 

mac_tlc

RC IT and math, what a combo... just like their 20% off sales.😉

Yours came much faster than ours, but there is nothing wrong with that.

• Like 2

I think what you will find, is that one person’s experience is not necessarily what the next person will experience.  

Our cruise planner items were canceled on April 8th. On April 10th, Royal sent us an email that listed the amounts to be refunded, and stated we should see them in 30 days.  Their website said, based on the cruise suspension date, the cruise planner items would be issued no later than May 23.  

This morning, they are saying that because we repriced our items in January, they would have to process them manually, and it may be a couple more weeks.  This comment from them is highly suspect, since they evidently knew the amounts to include them in the email. 

• Like 1

We did the Lift & Shift for our September cruise, moving it to the same time next year. Of course, the pre-purchased packages had to be canceled, which was done on June 1st, so it may be awhile before we see the $2K+ for the 3 cabins that we had booked.

Also, the RCI rep who moved our bookings to next year explained that the cruise price next year was higher and our new invoices would reflect the higher price initially but that the price would be corrected to what we originally paid for this year and it would only take about 72 hours. That was on June 1st as well and I have yet to see new invoices with the adjusted rates. Hmmmm, will give them about a week or two to get this done and then I may need to give them a call. Last call I made, I waited on hold for over an hour. Patience Sally girl, patience!! LOL!!

54 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

We did the Lift & Shift for our September cruise, moving it to the same time next year. Of course, the pre-purchased packages had to be canceled, which was done on June 1st, so it may be awhile before we see the $2K+ for the 3 cabins that we had booked.

Also, the RCI rep who moved our bookings to next year explained that the cruise price next year was higher and our new invoices would reflect the higher price initially but that the price would be corrected to what we originally paid for this year and it would only take about 72 hours. That was on June 1st as well and I have yet to see new invoices with the adjusted rates. Hmmmm, will give them about a week or two to get this done and then I may need to give them a call. Last call I made, I waited on hold for over an hour. Patience Sally girl, patience!! LOL!!

I had 3 lift and shifts that were done on the 28th that I got back on June 2nd.  Some I get an updated invoice for, some I find out about by requesting a new invoice. 

there is a way to call and get an automated invoice.  @molly361 will explain 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

59 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

To get an invoice call 866-562-7625  press #4 and follow the prompts from there.  You will need your booking number

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I had 3 lift and shifts that were done on the 28th that I got back on June 2nd.  Some I get an updated invoice for, some I find out about by requesting a new invoice. 

there is a way to call and get an automated invoice.  @molly361 will explain 

I like the way you manage the S&L’s. 😇

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

I just tried that but still had to wait on hold for a representative. Would be great if it was automated. 

It is automated. Just tried it myself- hit prompt #4 then 2 then 1 and got the automated system-  If you booked thru a TA not sure if you can use it

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, molly361 said:

It is automated. Just tried it myself- hit prompt #4 then 2 then 1 and got the automated system-  If you booked thru a TA not sure if you can use it

That might be why I couldn't do it. I am booked through a TA. Darn....would have been nice. 

My May 8th cruise was part of the cancellations on March 24th and I received my FCC on May 1st.  Still just waiting on cruise planner refund and taxes/fees from that cancellation.  So it is definitely a different experience for most.

Update on my new invoices: Just received our 3 updated invoices from our Lift & Shift. They added the $100 pp change penalty but then deleted it on another line. The basic cruise fare was a little less than this year but taxes/port fees were increased. Long story shorter, the $160 per room that I saved for this year when prices went down ended up being a wash with next year's increased taxes/port fees! Hahahaha! It figures that RCI would find a way to get its money back!! Of course, the packages that I had purchased for this year are either unavailable or priced higher for next year, so waiting on that refund before I give them anymore $$. Ah well, ya can't take it with ya now, can ya? Cheers all!!

• Like 1

So, I cancelled some cruise items (dining package, internet) on April 23.

It says to email the precruiseplanner address (on the cancellation summaries) with any inquiries.  I tried to email today to check on refund status and this email is broken.  Who else can I inquire to?  I am at work and do not have time to call and wait around on hold.  Thanks!

On 6/3/2020 at 1:20 PM, IrishKevinCan said:

My May 8th cruise was part of the cancellations on March 24th and I received my FCC on May 1st.  Still just waiting on cruise planner refund and taxes/fees from that cancellation.  So it is definitely a different experience for most.

Our experience has been weird for our cancelled May 17th cruise.  We had 6 rooms and only 2 opted for the FCCs.  Those we received (well, I received one of the two and called to ask about it and they gave me the certificate numbers over the phone).  And, I received all of the refunds on the cruises (I think, still feel like I'm out half of one cruiser's fare, but it's so hard to tell when there were multiple people paying over the course of a year on multiple passengers, have to verify with all those who paid if they've gotten extra credits).  But still have not received the cruise planner refunds.

When I called to ask about it, they said that it could be up to 45 days after the day we were supposed to sail.  And, oddly enough, I got a "post cruise" survey even though we obviously did not cruise.

My advice for everyone is to make sure you have every payment anyone has made and you put them all in a spreadsheet and make sure you get your credits.  I'm being patient, but this all feels very disjointed and illogical for who gets a refund and how quickly.

1 hour ago, the_dylaness said:

So, I cancelled some cruise items (dining package, internet) on April 23.

It says to email the precruiseplanner address (on the cancellation summaries) with any inquiries.  I tried to email today to check on refund status and this email is broken.  Who else can I inquire to?  I am at work and do not have time to call and wait around on hold.  Thanks!

The only thing I can think of is calling. I’m not even sure if your TA would call for you. 

My experience with cruise items was ---

Following advices on this forum, I cancelled on the cruise planner all the shore excursions (involving ferry transfers, which I always prefer to book through the cruise line just to be on the safe side). Refund to my cc was prompt -- less than a week.

Today I've cancelled (before FP) my "upcoming" cruise on Explorer, due Sept. 27th. I'm booked through an US online agency.

Stay tuned...😁