If I book a Canadian cruise today...

Seany527

1 minute ago, njhorseman said:

Sorry...still not the same thing . This wasn't a booking you just made for something taking place months down the road. 

The same thing as what? LOL  Please go back to my original post.  All I said was don't book Canada now and feel CERTAIN the cruise would be cancelled because they can just change the itinerary - e.g. Canada to Bahamas.

Everyone jumped in to tell me that would never happen blah blah blah.  I just posted my email from Royal to provide evidence that it does.  (And yes, first I tried to post a different example because I really didn't have the time to go find my email from Royal, screenshot it and upload it.  Geez!)

I personally don't care if anyone here books Canada now - go ahead and take your chances.  I was TRYING to help because it just happened to me.  No good deed goes unpunished.  LOL

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pcakes122 said:

The same thing as what? LOL  Please go back to my original post.  All I said was don't book Canada now and feel CERTAIN the cruise would be cancelled because they can just change the itinerary - e.g. Canada to Bahamas.

Everyone jumped in to tell me that would never happen blah blah blah.  I just posted my email from Royal to provide evidence that it does.  (And yes, first I tried to post a different example because I really didn't have the time to go find my email from Royal, screenshot it and upload it.  Geez!)

I personally don't care if anyone here books Canada now - go ahead and take your chances.  I was TRYING to help because it just happened to me.  No good deed goes unpunished.  LOL

The same thing as selling space on cruises NCL knows can't take place because the ports of call will not accept cruise ships and the embarkation port is almost certainly also going to be closed.

At the time Royal Caribbean modified your itinerary they did not have those facts on the table before them and further your revised cruise itinerary, if allowed to take place, still departed from the same port as your original itinerary. NCL is selling cruises they know will be cancelled  and by doing so is knowingly obtaining an interest free loan from anyone booking them.

How is it that NCL is the only major cruise line that has not cancelled all their remaining Alaska and Canada/New England cruises?  Even their corporate sister line, Oceania, has cancelled all of their comparable itineraries .

What would never happen is an itinerary change that required the embarkation/disembarkation port to change from New York or Boston to Miami or Tampa or Port Canaveral. That didn't happen on your planned cruise but NCL would have to do that for their planned cruises that they're still selling to  Canada/New England . 

21 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

The same thing as selling space on cruises NCL knows can't take place because the ports of call will not accept cruise ships and the embarkation port is almost certainly also going to be closed.

At the time Royal Caribbean modified your itinerary they did not have those facts on the table before them and further your revised cruise itinerary, if allowed to take place, still departed from the same port as your original itinerary. NCL is selling cruises they know will be cancelled  and by doing so is knowingly obtaining an interest free loan from anyone booking them.

How is it that NCL is the only major cruise line that has not cancelled all their remaining Alaska and Canada/New England cruises?  Even their corporate sister line, Oceania, has cancelled all of their comparable itineraries .

What would never happen is an itinerary change that required the embarkation/disembarkation port to change from New York or Boston to Miami or Tampa or Port Canaveral. That didn't happen on your planned cruise but NCL would have to do that for their planned cruises that they're still selling to  Canada/New England . 

I really haven't a clue why you are arguing with me over this.  The OP asked "should I book a fall Canada cruise KNOWING it will get canceled JUST to get the future cruise credit?" I responded "You don't know FOR SURE that they will cancel the cruise they could just change the itinerary."  The end.  

I have no clue about NCL's policies, why they aren't canceling cruises, why they are still selling Canada cruises, etc.  How would I know??

Next, you are raising embarkation port issues which neither the original poster or I said anything about. (Although NCL has regular cruises from New York to the Bahamas year-round so I don't know why you believe changing the itinerary to the Bahamas would require a change in embarkation port to Florida??)

We are booked on a CAN/NE cruise at the end of Sept.  My son is now able to join us, and just booked this weekend.  If it is cancelled, then I would expect to be offered the 125% for both of our cabins.  If they end up going somewhere else, I'm still okay as long as the embarkation port/disembarkation port is the same, as I already have air and hotel arrangements.

Pcakes, you bring up a good point about clothing.  I think I'll layer my outfits so I can be ready to go either direction.  Of course, that assumes it goes at all!

But everyone is correct that it seems odd to be selling a cruise if FOR SURE it won't be going to those ports!  But, I also understand the cruise line being reluctant to make changes now, as everything keeps changing on them, too!  If they wait a while, they might have an answer regarding where they CAN sail to (if anywhere!)

Sigh.  I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy!  Be kind to each other and check on those that might not have anyone for support!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pcakes122 said:
1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

I really haven't a clue why you are arguing with me over this. 

I'm arguing with you because you said this 

"No one knows if those cruises will be cancelled.  It is completely within the existing cruise contract that folks agree to when they book that NCL can change ports and itineraries as they choose."

NCL does know the cruises will be cancelled because they can't visit the published ports nor embark at the advertised home ports. So NCL is knowingly advertising itineraries  they can't fulfill. When Royal Caribbean changed your cruise's itinerary they stopped selling the old itinerary. They didn't continue advertising and selling your original itinerary, so no one who booked after that point was misled into thinking the cruise was going to visit the original ports. NCL is intentionally and knowingly making a false offer.

Further while the cruise lines have the right to change the ports of call they can't change your  embarkation/disembarkation port except in the case of an emergency arising that prevents using the original embarkation or disembarkation port . If an emergency were to occur they would be obligated to provide transportation between the original port and the emergency port. Do you think NCL is going to charter airplanes to take every passenger who was booked to embark in NY to Miami instead?

A situation that is known months in advance isn't an emergency.

And again why is it that NCL is the only major cruise line continuing to sell Canada/New England and Alaska cruises?

• Haha 1

Okay now I'm getting annoyed. First of all, Royal did NOT stop selling the June 21st Oasis of the Seas cruise until last week and it still said Canada/New England even though they told me in MARCH it was going to the Bahamas. I don't know who told you otherwise.  As of right this minute it is still on my pending cruises on Royal site (Even though I've now been notified several weeks ago that it is being canceled) as a CANADA cruise. I have no idea why NCL hasn't canceled theirs. Perhaps they are considering changing the itineraries instead of canceling. if so I'm sure they would notify anybody who was booked as soon as possible and give them options.

Second, what are you talking about charter flights?? Why would NCL have to take passengers who were supposed to embark in New York to Florida????  They would simply sail from New York to the Bahamas instead of Canada (like they do all year long.)  NYC/Bahamas is a VERY popular cruise for NCL - in fact that's the exact itinerary that I sailed in March on the Bliss when I got Covid.  I sailed that itinerary on NCL in December as well.  There would be NO change in embarkation needed for NCL just like there was no need for change of embarkation port for my Royal cruise in June from NJ.

This is a ridiculous argument.

Screenshot_20200603-212145_Chrome.jpg

Just now, pcakes122 said:

Okay now I'm getting annoyed. First of all, Royal did NOT stop selling the June 21st Oasis of the Seas cruise until last week and it still said Canada/New England even though they told me in MARCH it was going to the Bahamas. I don't know who told you otherwise.  As of right this minute it is still on my pending cruises on Royal site (Even though I've now been notified several weeks ago that it is being canceled) as a CANADA cruise. I have no idea why NCL hasn't canceled theirs. Perhaps they are considering changing the itineraries instead of canceling. if so I'm sure they would notify anybody who was booked as soon as possible and give them options.

Second, what are you talking about charter flights?? Why would NCL have to take passengers who were supposed to embark in New York to Florida????  They would simply sail from New York to the Bahamas instead of Canada (like they do all year long.)  NYC/Bahamas is a VERY popular cruise for NCL - in fact that's the exact itinerary that I sailed in March on the Bliss when I got Covid.  I sailed that itinerary on NCL in December as well.  There would be NO change in embarkation needed for NCL just like there was no need for change of embarkation port for my Royal cruise in June from NJ.

This is a ridiculous argument.

Screenshot_20200603-212145_Chrome.jpg

Regardless of what is on your personal cruise planner Royal Caribbean ceased selling all their 2020 NE/Canada and Alaska cruises. I don't care whether they stopped last week or in April...they stopped.Go on their website and see if you can find one. The earliest cruises to these destinations available for sale are May 2021...and every other cruise line has done the same, including NCL's corporate sister Oceania. Only NCL is still trying to sell you an itinerary to Canada or Alaska that can't possibly sail. 

There is zero chance of any cruises departing from NY in this time frame so if the ship were to operate on a different itinerary it would have to leave from another port...hence you would have to be transported to that new embarkation port.

17 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Regardless of what is on your personal cruise planner Royal Caribbean ceased selling all their 2020 NE/Canada and Alaska cruises. I don't care whether they stopped last week or in April...they stopped.Go on their website and see if you can find one. The earliest cruises to these destinations available for sale are May 2021...and every other cruise line has done the same, including NCL's corporate sister Oceania. Only NCL is still trying to sell you an itinerary to Canada or Alaska that can't possibly sail. 

There is zero chance of any cruises departing from NY in this time frame so if the ship were to operate on a different itinerary it would have to leave from another port...hence you would have to be transported to that new embarkation port.

Okay so if you have all the answers why are you bothering me? LOL Sorry, my advice is still the same as in my original post. I would not book any Canada cruise with NCL for 2020. For any reason, including just to get an FCC.

That was my original point and I stand by it.

26 minutes ago, pcakes122 said:

Okay so if you have all the answers why are you bothering me? LOL Sorry, my advice is still the same as in my original post. I would not book any Canada cruise with NCL for 2020. For any reason, including just to get an FCC.

That was my original point and I stand by it.

i was never disagreeing with what you said about not booking any Canada cruise with NCL for 2020. I wouldn't book one either. 

In post 30 I quoted the specific statement you made that I was disagreeing with. I won't repeat it. It's there to read if you wish.

30 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

In post 30 I quoted the specific statement you made that I was disagreeing with. I won't repeat it. It's there to read if you wish.

Well, I do agree that it's unlikely that NYC ports will be open this year (I don't think they should be!), but if by some chance it's allowed I'm sure NCL won't hesitate.

But my point to the OP was that no one knows for 100% certainty that it would be canceled and that they would get an offer from NCL for 125% FCC, so I wouldn't take the chance.  Especially since they really were not planning on cruising anywhere (right now.)  I just didn't want them to get stuck.

I am very curious what they will end up doing with all the cruises which were due to depart/embark from Quebec or Vancouver. As of today you can still book cruises that leave from those ports. I can see them not changing the round trip New England until people get on the ship (haha haha 🤣 I don’t think ships will be sailing from New England then) and doing Bermuda or even Florida and Bahamas on a longer sailing. You can’t wait until embarkation to change the city AND country that you are boarding the ship from. I think what they do with those cruises will give us the best idea of what their new plans will be for their Canada  cruises. 

On 6/3/2020 at 8:44 AM, Seany527 said:

If I book a Canadian cruise for this summer and pay in full, do you think I would qualify for the 125% FCC when the cruise is canceled?

I think that you would be foolish. Canada has announced that you aren't sailing to Canada this year. You might or might not ever get your money back, and even if you do what is an FCC going to be worth in $$$?

If judging by my trip to town today here in middle Tennessee, then it is all over, virus gone....at least until the second wave hits.  Traffic was back to pre virus and beyond.  Restaurant parking lots packed.  In Sam's Club, by my guesstimate, only 1 in 15 customers were wearing a mask still.  Had to go in jewelry store.  Not a mask to be seen, customers and clerks hanging all over each other.   Me with the only mask.  Felt like I was in there to rob the place.  

I booked the Canada New England a year ago departing New York 4 October we have air fares paid with BA from U.K. already. I called NCL in UK earlier this week re the Canada situation and was told they haven’t made any decisions yet re the schedule and will try to let us know before full payment date in July. On top of 2 cruise next deposits We have also paid £1000 towards the cruise.
Am seriously peed off that NCL haven’t cancelled this cruise yet and that as pointed out earlier they are still selling this cruise.
God knows what is going to happen re the flights to New York also!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, nikkiw60 said:

I booked the Canada New England a year ago departing New York 4 October we have air fares paid with BA from U.K. already. I called NCL in UK earlier this week re the Canada situation and was told they haven’t made any decisions yet re the schedule and will try to let us know before full payment date in July. On top of 2 cruise next deposits We have also paid £1000 towards the cruise.
Am seriously peed off that NCL haven’t cancelled this cruise yet and that as pointed out earlier they are still selling this cruise.
God knows what is going to happen re the flights to New York also!

So in July the question is do you make final payment to protect the 1,000 you already paid in and then settle for ye old 125% FCC.  I take it if you cancel now you will be taking a loss.

So in July the question is do you make final payment to protect the 1,000 you already paid in and then settle for ye old 125% FCC.  I take it if you cancel now you will be taking a loss.

We already have a credit with a cruise for next June, at the moment we are waiting for £3000 to be refunded from Virgin Atlantic, the £1000 plus on the Canada cruise, £1300 paid to BA for flights to New York and approx £2000 in future cruise credits with NCL for an Iceland Norway cruise in June...
I would rather have this money back in our bank account at the moment!

• Like 1