How should we be counting our 90 days?

Our Explorer  cruise April 27 to May 4, 2020 ( Barcelona to Lisbon) was canceled

by Regent on March 31. We had paid in full for the cruise. I understand that our refund 

can take up to 90 days. So far we have not received anything. My question is, do we 

count the weekends when we are counting the days?  Also, at what point do we need

to get our CC company to get involved? Getting a bit concerned.

90 calendar days from date of refund. Regent currently processing refunds in 10 day batches. They were on April 1 - April 10 but may have moved on to April 11 - April 20. 

I would GUESS you will get it around June 23...

I think Pcardad meant 90 days from your request for refund.

You don't mention actually making a refund request, but I assume/hope you did.  There is nothing that Regent could possibly claim about their stated policy which allows for it to take more than 90 calendar days from their acknowledgment of your refund request.

49 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

90 calendar days from date of refund. Regent currently processing refunds in 10 day batches. They were on April 1 - April 10 but may have moved on to April 11 - April 20. 

Ooh, ours was processed April 23rd.  Maybe that's good news for us for the end of June.

On 6/3/2020 at 2:28 PM, Pcardad said:

I called Regent three times and still have not be reimbursed for March 15 cancellation of April 1  Splendor cruise. 90 days is a week away

I was booked on a Cruise departing 7th April to the South Pacific and am still waiting for my refund. It is being handled by a travel agent who said Norwegian Cruise Lines who own Regent are very slow payers. My 90 days are almost up and wont be booking on any more cruises until I get my money back so if they want to win back custom then they need to pay up .

1 hour ago, Jon1951 said:

I was booked on a Cruise departing 7th April to the South Pacific and am still waiting for my refund. It is being handled by a travel agent who said Norwegian Cruise Lines who own Regent are very slow payers. My 90 days are almost up and wont be booking on any more cruises until I get my money back so if they want to win back custom then they need to pay up .

I find it odd that your TA would say that Norwegian Cruise Lines are "very slow payers".  Until the pandemic hit, refunds were being processed quickly and customers received their refunds in a timely manner.  So that comment is not what most of us have experienced.

In terms of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings owning Regent, NCL and Oceania, this is true but the CEO over these lines is the same person that was CEO over Regent and Oceania before they were purchased by NCLH.  In 16 years of cruising Regent (under three owners), refunds have not been an issue.\

Since most refunds have been processed from early April (according to posters on this board), I would go back to my TA and have them double check (and don't listen to their excuses).

Hope your refund appears soon!

• Haha 1