6-4-20 Thursday Weigh-In...What Can I say..Good Health And Peace

Belle

S...Struggles

T...Tension

R...Relaxing Or Running Around To Much
E...Eating Right Or Wrong

S...Sleeping To Much

S...Sleeping Not Enough

I'm sure what I posted above we've all had these feelings or actions at one time or another.

With the Virus going for so long, staying home and now the fight for everyone to be treated equal.  Some doing it

the right way, safe protesting and others not. Some areas might not be safe for you.  All this adding to the unknown about the virus. 

Stress, depression show up in many different ways.

So Please take care of yourselves.  We're all trying to lose weight to be healthy and wear smaller sizes.  Right now main thing

you don't need more stress.  Please don't get upset if you don't lose like you want each week. Know some can diet at this time no problem

others it's to hard right now.  Just go with how you feel now.  Keep checking in, if losing or not. Need to know your alright.

You'll know when you will want to eat better and try to lose

We've lost people who use to come in, please come back and just check in each week. If staying away because your not losing.

Don't stay away.  Everyone's welcome.  Just nice to talk and say how your day is going.

F...........A.........H..........E.............D

R..........R..........E..........V.............A
I...........E..........R...........E............Y

E......................E...........R
N...................................Y
D...

S...

Sorry no poem today, thought better to express feelings that some people could be feeling now or have felt and could be feeling soon.

Could be us, some that don't come in any more or those that are reading.  Everyone has to know whatever your feeling now is alright.

But please get help if your really depressed.  This is a world we don't know right now.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi, I am here.  Havent been here in awhile. I am. Just starting over here hoping to lose a bit b4  my next cruise.  I am hoping to cruise August 1st.   I am sad to see what is happening in our world between the virus and the rioting.  I am praying that things will get better soon.  Have a great week everyone.

• Like 2

Thanks for starting us off @Belle

Welcome back @Ilovecrusingtoo!

I hope things will get better soon too. It feels like there are just no words for what's happening. 

I'm shocked and happy to be down a pound this week. Last night was our Lava Flow night which is Royal Caribbean's version of a pina colada with strawberry daiquiri swirled up the sides. So good, but so much sugar.

• Like 1

Thanks for the words this morning Belle.  It can be difficult to remain positive at times.  

I weighed in this morning with a loss of 2#. Which is almost what I had gained last week.

Today I am meeting my trainer for a one on one.  First time since the 9th of March.

I hope everyone has a great week!  Jan

• Like 2

Hello everyone,

Belle, you did great expressing many things I'm sure we've all been feeling. 

I stayed the same which is really good considering we ate out twice last week.

lovecrusing, glad you posted.

Jan, wonderful, so nice to have a good loss like that. 

Mel, good loss for you 2. Your drink sounds delicious. 

Have a good day, 

Diana

• Like 2

HI all!

Belle ~ thanks for your words of wisdom! We had takeout last night so that was a nice change from cooking. I got a call from the hospital today that they'll reschedule my bone density scan but I declined as I'm not keen to go into a hospital if not really necessary at this time.

Nice losses ladies & also staying the same, DIana.👍

I celebrated my loss last week so am up 0.4 lbs. I was surprised it wasn't more actually! Made myself a lobster roll for lunch yesterday then had Perch taco, fries & chicken wings for supper.

Take care & have a great stay at home weekend?

~ Jo ~ 😊

• Like 2

Congrats to the losers and also to those who keep trying and are still checking in (or even just lurking).  Thanks Belle for keeping us going.

I'm still down quite a bit from last week, but up .4 from Monday so still shy of my goal 😞 It's been really humid so might be water weight - I've been doing everything right this week so not sure what else.  I already made my reward appt. with my hairstylist for my first coloring since they will be open.  I have 2 weeks to lose less than a pound - wish me luck.

@Ilovecrusingtoo, what part of PA are you near?  I'm between Williamsport and Lewisburg but grew up and went to college in Western PA.

Tomorrow is my birthday and I really want to make my Mom's zucchini cake - would make me feel closer to her, relatively healthy as treats go, and tastes yummy 😄 It is also local strawberry season and I want to make my DH's grandmother's shortcake for the family but don't want too many temptations around.  Maybe it will be the splurge breakfast one day and freeze some for July for DH birthday.

It seems so ingrained to celebrate with food.  What non-food treats do others do to celebrate?

• Like 1

pacruise804, Happy Birthday,  Enjoy!  Ia am above Williamsport just past Trout Run, your not that far away.  Maybe we could meet in person some day.  My daughter works for Evan Hospital in Lewisburg. I have confidence you'll get your less than a pound off.  

• Thanks 1

Pacruise - Happy birthday! 

I have used new clothes / shoes / accessories, a massage, a book download to my Kindle, etc. as rewards. I tried using booking a cruise as one once...booked it anyway! 😆

• Thanks 1

Hello Everyone, hope your having a good Thursday.

I Love...Good to see you. Best wishes to having a good start.

Mel...Congrats with the loss even with drinks.

Jan...It's a loss. Good Luck with the trainer

Diana...Nice no gain after eating out.

Jo..A small gain, will get it off. Like you wouldn't want a test now.

Pac...Happy Birthday!  Have a good day with or without the cake. Both sound good.

I stayed the same. Was down yesterday, hope just water weight, was hot. 

Will just keep trying my best at this time like all of you.

Have a good Friday and weekend everyone.:classic_smile:  Stay Safe.

• Like 1

Good Evening,

Belle, stay the same is good. 

Jo, small gain. The lobster roll.....YUM...

Pa cruise, wishing you a Very Happy Birthday tomorrow. Hope it's great! You'll soon be at your goal. Rewards...I just try to enjoy feeling good when I lose weight, etc. Although when I accomplish a lot of house cleaning or yard work I like a reward of a nice foo foo drink and snack like cheese. 

Hubby and I decided to do some shopping then get takeout dinner. At 104 degrees this was NOT a good idea. It took me 2 hours to cool down at home with the AC blasting and ceiling fans turning full speed. Finally feel better. Tomorrow better at 85, then low 80's over the weekend.

So, hubby was getting quotes about cruises next year and I am so hesitant. I think there are so many unanswered questions like how many people on the ship, can we social distance, do people wear masks, how will the theater shows work with social distancing, how will meals in the dining room work with social distancing. Will they have 5 dining times and we hve to eat at 11pm? Ugh, trying to get hubby to understand but his head is always in the clouds......

Have a good evening. 

Diana

18 hours ago, Ilovecrusingtoo said:

pacruise804, Happy Birthday,  Enjoy!  Ia am above Williamsport just past Trout Run, your not that far away.  Maybe we could meet in person some day.  My daughter works for Evan Hospital in Lewisburg. I have confidence you'll get your less than a pound off.  

I think my son did a camp near there a few years ago.  Is your daughter ok through all of this?  DH works for Geisinger (non-medical) and it seems like they are ok in terms of cases.

16 hours ago, melmar02 said:

Pacruise - Happy birthday! 

I have used new clothes / shoes / accessories, a massage, a book download to my Kindle, etc. as rewards. I tried using booking a cruise as one once...booked it anyway! 😆

Thanks.  I have a love/hate with clothes and shoes, but maybe next year my splurge will be a pedicure instead of food (although they do offer wine which I might enjoy a glass 🍷). I usually only do pedicures for cruises so that would be a nice splurge.  I do have a massage booked for this month, but that is routine for mobility and headache relief so not really a splurge.

Diana, I hope your husband will hear your concerns.  Maybe he is just wanting to check and dream a little but not actually book yet.  DH doesn't know why I look at homes sometimes when we are nowhere near moving, but sometimes it's nice to just look and get ideas.

HI all!

pacruise804 ~ wishing you many happy healthy returns of the day. Happy Birthday!🎂

DIana ~ yikes 104 is HOT! The lobster roll was yummy but a lot of work getting the meat out so I think I'll just buy one when available.

Yes, wonder what cruises in the future will be like. I have 2 booked in Feb & 1 long, for me, in April so hope all goes well.🤞

Have a nice weekend.

~ Jo ~ 😊

• Thanks 1

Sorry I missed yesterday, I forgot to weigh in.

I love this, Belle!  Thank you.

F...........A.........H..........E.............D

R..........R..........E..........V.............A
I...........E..........R...........E............Y

E......................E...........R
N...................................Y
D...

S...

Congrats Mel and Jan on being down.  I'm joining you, but just with a little loss of .8, but it still works!

Diana and Belle, staying the same during these times is awesome!  Water or not.

Pacruise, you'll make it next week!  How great is that?!  And happy birthday!  

And welcome back, lovecruising.  I just recently came back too.

I'm 5.8 lbs to my next goal, and I have "treats" set up for each goal I hit.  The next one I'm getting a straw hat I've been looking at (I know, random choice but I need one for the summer).  Then I'm only 10 lbs from goal, so that prize will be a tattoo I've always wanted.  After that I'll need to lose another 5 lbs at least to prep for my cruise next year, knowing full well I will gain a bit of weight.  It is vacation and I plan to eat and drink my way through it, especially with the beverage package!  It's funny, my oldest daughter (13) is a planner like me and we were talking about different things for our trip and she asked me what I was going to eat.  I told her eggs Benedict, french toast, fruit, pastries, whole milk in my cappuccino, and for lunch, hot dogs, pizza hamburgers....  She stopped me and said "you're going to look like a hamburger when you are done".  I laughed so hard. 

So, even though my loss is little, I've been working my ass off (literally) with a step challenge on fitbit this week with some friends and making sure I'm doing my weights.  I'm at 105,000 steps so far for the week and today, but I'm not done today.  And I have to say, I AM EXHAUSTED.  My legs are tired.  But, it feels good to be going!

Have a great week everyone!  Stay safe and healthy. 

Edited by INeedAMaiTai
  • Like 2

Pacruise, hope you're having a nice birthday today.

Liz, wow 100,000 steps is awesome. But, yes, that is a lot. 

I did so much work around the house today and yardwork, I'm pooped. 

Hubby is listening to me, sort of. He wants to have something to look forward to. We're looking at a 30 day cruise roundtrip out of San Diego on Holland America. We have a hold on a cabin. HAL has a 30 day cancellation policy so that would be fine. Since we would only be flying 2 hours to San Diego I think I would be ok with that. We can wait until Nov. to book air and also refundable hotel. Worry about excursions later.

Just too many unknowns. In my county we have had a recnt 33% spike in cases in the last week....coordinating with when they started reopening certain businesses. And not helping are the protests in nearby Sacramento. Also, when hubby and I are out we always wear our masks. I notice lately, about half the people we see aren't. 

As long we can cancel, I think it's ok. The airline we would use is allowing last minute cancellations with credit for future travel.

Diana

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, winewanderer said:

Just too many unknowns. In my county we have had a recnt 33% spike in cases in the last week....

California sucks right now.  It really does.  It doesn't matter what side of the political spectrum you're on, it just sucks.  BUT...I thin we are doing our best to stay safe.  I'm in Orange County and we are dealing with the same things.  I'm worried that after all these protests that there will be another spike of the virus.

I agree with you Liz.

Belle, hello, hubby and I are having a quiet, relaxing Saturday. The weather today is perfect, 78, no need for AC. Same tomorrow. Ahhhhh. The temperature today is not the usual though. Lake Tahoe had a freak June snowstorm and then we cool off. It won't last though. Back to 100 by Wednesday and hot through September.

We placed a hold on the Jan/Feb 32 day cruise. Nice to have something to plan. I will hope for the best.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Diana

We decided to take this whole week off with the drinks at night. Because of that, we have picked up food or had something delivered 4 nights this week too. The scale hasn't been too bad, but it's not great. I've been trying to have just small portions since we have eaten so poorly. DH's next doctor appointment is 12 weeks from tomorrow, so we have new goals set. Salads tonight - hoping to break even by Thursday! 

It's been really hot and humid here - 95° or so. I had an open house at a wedding venue yesterday. It's an all outdoor venue with the reception being held in an open air pavilion. I just dropped off my display cakes and brochures before they were open to the public and came back to clear my table after it was over. When I showed up to break down my display everyone was already gone. The venue owner said was so hot that they closed an hour early! 

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Hello all. Last two days been having trouble getting to this site.  Anyone else?

Diana glad it's cooler for you for awhile.  Like you have a cruise booked for April, don't have to

pay till Jan. So time to see if want to take then.  Two seven days one is free.  Nice to have something

on the books but can cancel.

Mel hope you and your husband do good on your new plan.  Hope you get some new business from

the wedding venue.

Nothing going on here, making a veggie soup now.  When I woke up today for a minute I thought it

was Monday then said it's Sunday.....then said being home and alone doesn't matter what day it is.

Then I thought how sad.  I want this all over.  Cases are up again with states, cities and town opening

and now the protesters, a lot not wearing masks.  Some of new cases now are because more people getting 

tested and tracking from before all this other stuff started. happening.  Never ending.

So please be careful out there.

No one talking today except Mel and me.  So quiet in here.

Guess everyone busy.  I made the soup and wash some of my floors. Nothing else.

Oh forgot took a shower and wash my hair.  I really need a hair cut.

Need to mow the front lawn tomorrow. Been saying that for days.  Wish me luck!

Hope you all come in and say how your weekend went and how your doing.

• Like 1

Happy Monday 🙂 

Today was my weigh in for my BeachBody group and I did it!  198.2 😄 

I scrolled through my FitBit weights and it looks like it was November 2018 since I've been under 200 😮  Next Monday should be measurements too - I feel like I've slimmed/toned some, will see then what the actual numbers are.

Thank you for the birthday wishes.  It was a nice, laid back weekend.

• Like 4

Hello, 

Belle, I sometimes have trouble with CC. Good luck on the lawnmowing, what a drag. Great you made veggie soup. Hubby and I did that the other day as we had so many vegetables. We don't eat veggie soup too much in summer but over the weekend it wasn't too hot so was ok.

Mel, I've been in Texas in summer, brutal. Hopefully you get some business from that event. Hopefully the new eating plan works. Summer is great for salads so that should help.

PAcruise, glad you had a nice birthday and congrats on being under your first goal, awesome!  

Have a good day everyone,

Diana

• Like 1

PACruise - Congratulations ... I hope you are very proud of yourself ... wonderful first goal met!

I haven't posted much lately.  My computer has been inthe shop ... now have windows 10 ... but there is some tweaking that still needs to be done ... and unfortunately I am not as computer savvy as I once was.  (its ok though, I will just take it back to the computer shop!).  I've been using my phone and i-pad for computer needs and I don't really like it at all!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week.  Jan   

I took the kids to the neighborhood pool this morning. It's high 90's today and supposed to hit 100 tomorrow. There were about 20 other families, and everyone was doing a pretty good job of just staying with their own group. I swam, but my fitbit didn't track it. Guess I'll have to fold laundry this afternoon to make up for it. DH started back in the office last week just two days a week. No one, including his boss, was really following their company's policies regarding wearing masks in the halls and at meetings. He told his boss this morning that wasn't going to work from him, and now DH is back on the work from home list. We're planning on cooking all week which is a lot easier when hubby doesn't have to commute. Especially when it's his turn to cook!