Dolphin Cove

BillfromWV

• 3 weeks later...

We were at Dolphin Cove in 2003. I believe that is the correct year. The water was not very clean, the place was not very clean. However, I have heard that the quality of this stop has improved. It was my understanding that it was relatively new when we visited.

Now, that is my opinion only. There are likely others who have visited more recently that may be able to shed more light on it.

Best Regards

Keep in mind this was our very first cruise ever and for that matter our first time out of the States!!!!

Now that said, I thought it was clean, very natural but clean!!!

The staff knew what they were doing and what was going on!!

The excursion was great!!!!

My kids (10 & 13) did the swim encounter, they were treading water the whole time they were out there, they had lifejackets too!!

They loved it!!!! I wished they were closer to me so I could have made my own DVD of it, I bought the one DC made!!! Came out ok!!!:)

The water was VERY clean and clear, the dolphins looked happy and healthy!! They get about a half hour break in between each group to swim and play and eat!!! This is when your group will do a nature walk!!

I kind of wondered if the touch wouldn't have been better only because they were standing still on a platform and they got really close to dolphin!!! The swim encounter DOES NOT include the push pull part!!! That is more $$$$ yet!! In fact I can't say any of the groups did that???

My opinion, go with that touch or the royal swim, I guess as I see it, we always think to do the other thing after doing what we orignally chose??? Like I said, we did the SE, and I wonder if the T wouldn't have been better. Had I done it the other way around I would have thought the opposite??? You know what I am saying??? Kind of the saying "The grass is always greener on the other side"????

More importantly we had a great time and the kids will remember that forever!!!

Good luck I hope I helped!!!

Glad to hear that you had a wonderful time at the cove.

It looked to have alot of potential when we were there, but it just wasn't all that great. I am very pleased to hear for certain that the quality of this stop has picked up.

Glad you posted it for my information as well!

Best Regards!

We just returned from dolphin cove last week.

We did the dolphin encounter and absolutely loved "sky". It would be even better if you have someone that wants to only observe so that they could take pictures. You are not allowed cameras in with the dolphins. Therefore, you are suckered into buying the video/pictures they take. video is ok, but music is playing. You can not hear the dolphins or the trainers or the people. Would've been nice to have someone doing the observation so they could take the pictures/video. I would definately do this again, but only if I could be pushed/pulled. That was the only thing missing.

I would've been disappointed if I did the touch versus the encounter. It was just amazing to be "swimming" right with these amazing creatures and fully appreciate them.

we did have 2 people that booked the dolphin cove/dunns river falls tour. We thought they would be there at the same time. However, their tour took them to the falls first and ours went to dolphin cove. Therefore, they arrived just as our swim encounter ended -- otherwise we would've had someone to take pictures of the other 6 of us with the dolphins. So, be careful if you think you are booking with someone able to observe --- their tour may not go at the same time yours does.

Don't waste your time here! Its not worth the money. I did not find the "Trainers" very knowledgeable, nor did I find that I learned anything. But i did buy the DVD of our "encounter" . $35.00 for a 2 minute 45 second DVD of very poor quality. Maybe 40 seconds is viewable the rest consists of a black line and legs and feet. When I emailed DC they told me "sorry". I wish I paid with credit instead of cash I would have canceled payment.

Archived