Alaska price help Quantum

I have never looked at Alaska before so have never tracked prices.  I am now considering Alaska, 7 days  on Quantum in August 2021.  I just wondered if $2300 US total (for 2 inc taxes)  for an unobstructed balcony cabin  on the higher decks is within the normal price range or is it considered expensive?

Not sure about that but I can tell you my experience.  We had Ovation booked in a Grand Loft suite for $16000 for 4 people and when all this virus stuff started getting ramped up I looked at Quantum in the same time frame and found the Royal Loft suite for 17000 for 5 people.  I think Quantum is cheaper than Ovation.  You could look at Ovation prices and see what the difference would be.  Good Luck.

5 hours ago, Ms Jo UK said:

I just wondered if $2300 US total (for 2 inc taxes)  for an unobstructed balcony cabin  on the higher decks is within the normal price range or is it considered expensive?

You could have considerable variation within August, but that could be normal. I wouldn't book anything outside of final payment, but if you are set on going, book before August 1 of this year to get the CWC perks (price drops inside final payment).

7 hours ago, Ms Jo UK said:

I have never looked at Alaska before so have never tracked prices.  I am now considering Alaska, 7 days  on Quantum in August 2021.  I just wondered if $2300 US total (for 2 inc taxes)  for an unobstructed balcony cabin  on the higher decks is within the normal price range or is it considered expensive?

$1150 per person including your port fees/taxes seems very reasonable to me for an unobstructed balcony.  If the price goes down you can always call them and have it adjusted.  We were supposed to be going this August but moved it to next year.  It was around $800 more for the balcony this year compared to next year.

In the past would have been a good price. Right now I noted stock analysts saying demand for cruising might be slow to come back. Trust. Alaska port fees and taxes are always higher than say Caribbean. 

My question would be what decreased demand will do to prices a year from now. People who dont cruise a lot and not gung ho like on cc might be slower to come back to cruising. Hard to predict with covid now what prices will be in a year. 

8 hours ago, Ms Jo UK said:

Quickly checking prices on the US site the cheapest I found was just over $2600 for a guarantee balcony.  Taxes and fees alone is over $500 so if you can get $2300 US taxes inc then yes that is a good deal. 

I booked a JS on Quantum recently because pricing seems very good to Alaska.  This will be my 5th time on an Alaskan cruise. 

One of the benefits of Quantum class is a higher ratio of balcony cabins.  On the smaller ships that sail into Alaska balconies usually carried a premium often costing over $2,000 per person.  The higher availability of balcony cabins impacts supply and demand so balconies on Quantum class to Alaska have often been more reasonable compare to Radiance class.

On Explorer in 2018 to Alaska my interior virtual balcony with prepaid gratuity was $2,695 for two people.  Balcony cabins were more than double that so I booked interior to save money.  

Consequently $2,300 for two in an unobstructed balcony to Alaska seems like a great price.

Seems very cheap. What month are you in? At those prices, I might switch from a Caribbean cruise to Alaska on the Quantum. It would be our 3rd time in Alaska.

Edited by deliver42
additional information.

3 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

Seems very cheap. What month are you in? At those prices, I might switch from a Caribbean cruise to Alaska on the Quantum. It would be our 3rd time in Alaska.

The quote was for Aug 2nd from the UK office.

I just priced a cruise on the Quantum for May, 17, 2021. With a refundable deposit, including grats and ins. deck eight forward non obstructed, the price came to $2497.00 for 2. If I went  NRD, it would be $144.00 less. With RT from Orlando, I'm guessing, based on previous flights, it would be around $4200.00 total, which isn't bad. There may be cheaper flights too.

That is a good price, based on what we had Ovation booked for in May of this year (cancelled), and what we have Quantum booked for next May.  I watched the price all of the past year, before cancellation, and the lowest price before the pandemic hit was higher than the prices offered for next year right now.  I suggest booking if you really want to go, and watch for price adjustments.   🙂

On 6/4/2020 at 12:43 PM, Ms Jo UK said:

1 hour ago, Ms Jo UK said:

The quote was for Aug 2nd from the UK office.

The quote that you received was for appx 1826 GBP which converts to $2313 USD.

Great price.  That same cruise of booked in North America would cost $2901 USD in the same category.

This is one time where living in the UK has its advantages over the US for pricing.  Royal in many cases will price cruises differently for  different markets worldwide in hopes to drive demand where demand is low  or increase profits where demand is high.  Think of this a a resident discount on a global scale.