Chase credit card Travel Insurance Supplementary

Thanks for taking these questions!   I have Chase credit card travel insurance, my cruise line also offers a 30 day prior cancel for any reason .  When reviewing a supplement to this insurance for a very long cruise what should I look for.   (My airfare is fully cancellable with SWA). 

1 hour ago, Mary229 said:

Thanks for taking these questions!   I have Chase credit card travel insurance, my cruise line also offers a 30 day prior cancel for any reason .  When reviewing a supplement to this insurance for a very long cruise what should I look for?   (My airfare is fully cancellable with SWA). 

Hi Mary229,

How long is your cruise, how much is the per person non-refundable trip cost, what are your age(s) and where are you going?

As for your cruise line's plan, you will want to find out this: if you cancel your trip will you get your money back in cash or a future cruise credit. Find out if the future cruise credit can be split up between other crusies. Depending on the rules to use a future cruise credit and if you have an expensive trip, you might not want a future cruise credit because you may not be able to use it.

Since I'm asking you specific personal info here, I don't want you to feel obligated to give that info here. If you want, you may email me here with this info: steve@tripinsurancestore.com

Steve Dasseos

Steve,  does the CSR card 's trip cancellation coverage cover me if my cruise booked with part cash (charged to the CSR card) with the balance from FCC is cancelled by me for a covered reason?  Am I covered if my cruise line goes BK?

Joel

2 hours ago, SedonaJoel said:

Steve,  does the CSR card 's trip cancellation coverage cover me if my cruise booked with part cash (charged to the CSR card) with the balance from FCC is cancelled by me for a covered reason?  Am I covered if my cruise line goes BK?

Joel

Hi Joel,

Is the CSR card the Chase Sapphire Reserve? Or is it something else?

Steve Dasseos

On 6/6/2020 at 1:31 PM, SedonaJoel said:

Joel

Please visit this site and download the pdf for your reading pleasure.

https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirepreferred

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Mary229 said:

I want to thank Steve publicly for assisting us.  Thank you.  

Please feel free to share what you can regarding what you learned. (Unless it's personal, of course.)

Might help others.

Edited by klfrodo

43 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

Please feel free to share what you can regarding what you learned. (Unless it's personal, of course.)

Might help others.

He took my information and was able to provide an appropriate information about a policy.  My situation is a bit different as I do not have medical insurance at home.   I am basically self-insured.  As it turns out if a person doesn’t have primary health insurance at home most Travel medical policies will not cover!

1 hour ago, Mary229 said:

.  As it turns out if a person doesn’t have primary health insurance at home most Travel medical policies will not cover!

That's important information to have. Thanks.

Curious,,, what if the VA is my primary healthcare provider and I do not have private health insurance? Or, what about those retired military who have Tri-Care? Does the VA and or Tri-Care count towards having private health insurance?

16 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

Curious,,, what if the VA is my primary healthcare provider and I do not have private health insurance? Or, what about those retired military who have Tri-Care? Does the VA and or Tri-Care count towards having private health insurance?

I would write Steve directly. His email is above 

17 hours ago, klfrodo said:

Hi klfrodo,

Geo Blue defines this as: "A Primary Plan is a Group Health Benefit Plan, an individual health benefit plan, or certain governmental health plan (including Medicare Supplements and Medicare Advantage plans) designed to be the first payor of claims for an Insured Person prior to the responsibility of this Plan. ACA plans (ObamaCare), Medicaid and Veterans Administration health benefit plans are not considered a primary plan under this policy."

Unfortunately, the Geo Blue plans aren't available to a Washington State resident.

Steve

On 6/20/2020 at 1:08 PM, iamtrustworthy said:

Hi klfrodo,

Geo Blue defines this as: "A Primary Plan is a Group Health Benefit Plan, an individual health benefit plan, or certain governmental health plan (including Medicare Supplements and Medicare Advantage plans) designed to be the first payor of claims for an Insured Person prior to the responsibility of this Plan. ACA plans (ObamaCare), Medicaid and Veterans Administration health benefit plans are not considered a primary plan under this policy."

Unfortunately, the Geo Blue plans aren't available to a Washington State resident.

Steve

Hi klfrodo,

I found out today that Geo Blue now defines the ACA plans (ObamaCare) as a Primary Plan.

Apparently, this changed in the past, but they failed to tell me. I have corrected my website's information.

Steve Dasseos

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, iamtrustworthy said:

Hi klfrodo,

I found out today that Geo Blue now defines the ACA plans (ObamaCare) as a Primary Plan.

Apparently, this changed in the past, but they failed to tell me. I have corrected my website's information.

Steve Dasseos

Then it’s been a good day.

we learned something and made an improvement 

• Like 1