Condition of SDI and SDI vs. Crystal Esprit Yacht

Greetings,

I was just wondering if anyone has sailed on the SDI lately and what their opinion was of the condition. I know it was supposed to be dry docked but can’t find any info on when and what the plans are.

We’re considering both yachts for when things open up, and they are different in size and especially style.

Obviously SDI is a much older ship with a lot of wood and smaller cabins. Any comments and thoughts on the condition would be greatly appreciated.

On 6/4/2020 at 6:12 PM, Herman The Cat said:

Greetings,

I was just wondering if anyone has sailed on the SDI lately and what their opinion was of the condition. I know it was supposed to be dry docked but can’t find any info on when and what the plans are.

We’re considering both yachts for when things open up, and they are different in size and especially style.

Obviously SDI is a much older ship with a lot of wood and smaller cabins. Any comments and thoughts on the condition would be greatly appreciated.

Haven’t been on SD1 in awhile but have been on SD2.  I know from crew reports that they’ve been using the time with no voyages to do lots and lots of maintenance work on top of what they routinely do.  There has been no recent dry dock to change out the rooms in any way so they are still on the small side with older furniture.  But we love the classic look and always look forward to the top notch service, food and fellow passengers on a smaller vessel.  I can’t comment on the Crystal ship from personal experience but hope to learn from others here.