any compensation on flight and hotel?

Our upcoming cruise has been cancelled by RCL due to COVID-19.  We have purchased the flights and hotels separately.  I wonder if RCL would compensate us for the flight and hotel costs.

Thanks

7 minutes ago, csisinfo said:

Our upcoming cruise has been cancelled by RCL due to COVID-19.  We have purchased the flights and hotels separately.  I wonder if RCL would compensate us for the flight and hotel costs.

Thanks

From the FAQ’s

11. Will a refund be administered for hotels and transfer purchases? When electing for a Future Cruise Credit:
• If your client purchased hotel accommodations or transfers with Royal Caribbean, all charges will be automatically refunded. Purchases outside of Royal Caribbean will need to be addressed directly with the supplier.
When opting to Lift & Shift:
• If your client purchased hotel accommodations or transfers with Royal Caribbean, these will be removed during the re-accommodation process, but can be re-added, if desired, once confirmed on the future ship/sailing of choice at prevailing rates. Purchases outside of Royal Caribbean will need to be addressed directly with the supplier.

5. What if my client has incurred extra expenses such as air change fees or hotel fees as a result of these cancellations?
If your client booked refundable air or hotel accommodations through Royal Caribbean, we have it covered. If your client booked non-refundable air through Royal Caribbean or reserved hotel or air accommodations on their own, please reach out to the airline carrier, tour operator, or hotel supplier/chain directly to discuss options.

I've been curious about this as I don't see anyone mention flight reimbursement.

We were booked on a Quantum sailing out of Singapore - a 5n to Malaysia / Thailand.  We only book direct with RCI but have never booked any of their flight options, I've always booked that privately and separately from RCI.  Don't use a TA.

We booked the Quantum sailing whilst onboard a Voyager sailing from Singapore to HK.

When they cancelled our sailing they offered us $400 USD p/p towards any airline cancellation fees.  I first off sent them the whole flight invoice but they emailed back and asked me to try and recoup what i could from the airline first which I did.

Qantas charged a $200 AUD p/p cancellation fee and refunded the rest.  RCI then reimbursed me the $400 AUD fee.

This offer to cover the airline fee was made by RCI in the cruise cancellation advisement.  

They said to contact any booked hotels for reimbursement of any cancellation charges so I don't think they were going to pay anything for that.  We cancelled our hotels in Singapore.  We had three booked (all non-refundable - won't do that again!!)

All refunded, only one charged us a cancellation fee.

I don't know why they made this offer to us and not others / other sailings, but I'll gratefully take it!  

Whilst they paid mine I am still chasing up my friend's airline compensation.  I've emailed all the information / receipts off again for the third time to the email they supplied in the cancellation email, it's the only thing they haven't reimbursed from everything I've cancelled with RCI.

I'm giving it another week or two then i will have to try and ring the Aus RCI phone number and see what is happening with it.

4 hours ago, csisinfo said:

Thanks

You are lucky if you get your refund.☹️

1 hour ago, BecAus said:

I don't know why they made this offer to us and not others / other sailings,

In normal times, RCI usually offers $200pp toward airline cancellation/change fees when they cancel a sailing less than one year out.

19 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

In normal times, RCI usually offers $200pp toward airline cancellation/change fees when they cancel a sailing less than one year out.

That probably explains it then. They cancelled our cruise on the 12th March and I think the worldwide shutdown happened a few days after that so we just got very lucky by the sounds of it.

>>>Added:  from their email.  It was $200 domestic and $400 international - our were international from Perth to Singapore

>>>If you purchased air or hotel… 
via Royal Caribbean, these will also be automatically refunded to you. 
on your own, we will assist you with air change or cancellation fees. We will cover $200 USD per person for domestic flights or $400 USD per person for international flights.<<<

Edited by BecAus

When I called Alaska Air concerning airfare for Sept. 4 they only give a credit that needs to be used by Dec. sometime, at least for us.  I would think that all airlines would be doing the same.  Hopefully their schedule will go out as far as Sept. 2021 so I can book for our Quantum cruise.