I'm getting married on the Pride in September!!

104 days away from saying we do!!👰🤵We are SO excited for this cruise. It will be our 5th cruise together...3rd on the Pride. Our families are joining us and together we have 6 staterooms booked.

It has been SOO overwhelmingly nerve wracking not knowing if this will actually happen...I guess I'm looking for some reassurance? Anyone else out there have a cruise wedding booked that hasn't been cancelled yet? How are you dealing with the "not knowing"?? I am so anxious for August to get here, waiting to see how the first few sailings of the ships down south go over... and hoping that Baltimore will open before our September 20th date! (oh and Bermuda so that we can actually cruise to our destination!)

Also curious about other on board cruise weddings...specifically embarkation day weddings(better yet if it was on the Pride!)...I'm excited to meet my personal wedding coordinator, she's been fantastic the few times I've reached out to her. Just wondering what a general timeline of our big day might be like...we'll have about a group of 30+ attending, and 10+ staying on board to cruise with us.

How easy is it for non sailing guests to board and leave once the ceremony is over? Any advice from a non sailing wedding guest that would come in handy for my non sailing guests? And best yet, any advice from an embarkation cruise bride or groom that would come in handy for us on our wedding day! 

1st time poster...I'm looking forward to reading all the replies, thanks so much!😊🚢 ....edit, I accidentally posted this is the main carnival cruise board first...oops! someone commented with the link to the weddings board so now I'm here!😊

Hello!

my fiancé and I were booked to get married on April 22 on the independence of the seas and that was canceled by RCCL. Luckily we were able to move the date and now it’s for August 24 on the same ship. I’m praying it will not get canceled again!!!!   If it does we have another cruise booked for April aboard the new odyssey of the seas. 

Its so stressful and we lost money on personalized items for the canceled April wedding. So now we are waiting until the end of July to order anything else!

thjeepster, oh no! I couldn't imagine trying to reschedule and then having to reschedule all over again!! I'm so hesitant on ordering anything too!! It's so hard because I want to do so many cute personalized things, but I don't want to wait too long to order and not have anything ready either! I really hope August 24th will be your date! It seems like you have a good backup plan if not...but hopefully it won't be needed. We'll get through this and it'll definitely be a good story to tell in the years to come!! Wishing you two all the best!

Yes it’s very crazy times. 

Im hoping we won’t have to change it until April because that one is an 8 day that many people won’t be able to go on with us. 

It’s extremely hard because the first one was a 4 night with us getting married out to sea on the 3rd day and her and I were staying on board (b2b) for the next 5 nights. 

This is one in August is a 5 night with the wedding on the 3rd day.  We are also staying on (b2b) with the second part (honeymoon) is only a 4 night. We are moving from a balcony on the wedding 5 night to a junior suite for the 4 nights. Luckily I was able to get the 2 rooms right next door to each other. So but a big move!

im praying for both of our weddings will go off without a problem!!! Best of luck!

Congrats!  Our daughter was married four years ago on the Pride.  She had an embarkation wedding and it was wonderful!  It is easy for non-guests to park, the port has a shuttle bus that takes them to the port entrance, then back to their cars afterwards.  The entire process for non-sailing guests was super easy!  

We had 33 sailing and 50 non-sailing guests.  Their wedding was held in Butterflies Lounge!

If I can help answer any additional questions, please let me know!

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 1:41 PM, kmil2maz said:

104 days away from saying we do!!👰🤵We are SO excited for this cruise. It will be our 5th cruise together...3rd on the Pride. Our families are joining us and together we have 6 staterooms booked.

It has been SOO overwhelmingly nerve wracking not knowing if this will actually happen...I guess I'm looking for some reassurance? Anyone else out there have a cruise wedding booked that hasn't been cancelled yet? How are you dealing with the "not knowing"?? I am so anxious for August to get here, waiting to see how the first few sailings of the ships down south go over... and hoping that Baltimore will open before our September 20th date! (oh and Bermuda so that we can actually cruise to our destination!)

Also curious about other on board cruise weddings...specifically embarkation day weddings(better yet if it was on the Pride!)...I'm excited to meet my personal wedding coordinator, she's been fantastic the few times I've reached out to her. Just wondering what a general timeline of our big day might be like...we'll have about a group of 30+ attending, and 10+ staying on board to cruise with us.

How easy is it for non sailing guests to board and leave once the ceremony is over? Any advice from a non sailing wedding guest that would come in handy for my non sailing guests? And best yet, any advice from an embarkation cruise bride or groom that would come in handy for us on our wedding day! 

1st time poster...I'm looking forward to reading all the replies, thanks so much!😊🚢 ....edit, I accidentally posted this is the main carnival cruise board first...oops! someone commented with the link to the weddings board so now I'm here!😊

Hello again!

Did you wedding get cancelled?  Ours did for the 2nd time!  It sucks so much and it's not like we can cancel it because we would lose about $1000. the rest of the money would be refunded but not that amount which was for the Bahamas wedding license.

Hopefully the 3rd time is a charm....but we will see.  This Corona crap is killing the industry big time!