Norwegian Jewel

Scubadoc

6 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Other than for the Canal transit, I've never seen NCL open the bow to guests.

I have been on other ncl ships where the bow was opened, usually when there is something spectacular to see

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

During the transit of the Canal (which we've done twice on NCL), the bow was open to everyone.   They start letting people out there somewhere around 5:50-6:00am.  The railing is quite high, and, if you are short, you will not see much. The crowds in the bow are greatest during the first set of locks, and thin out as the very long day goes on.   Whatever cabin you have for a Canal transit, you want to be sure you are all over the ship that day, taking things in from a variety of perspectives: high, low, fore, aft, midships. 

Other than for the Canal transit, I've never seen NCL open the bow to guests.

We were on the POA in 2018, and they opened the bow for the Platinum Party.

Those who are booking “Hawaii “ transit trips-     Do you really think NCL is just going to go to the expense and distance to set up a ship there- in the spring-  when there’s no Australia transit involved.     Add to the mix-  having a severely limited itinerary of distances and ports for services?        I don’t see it a possibility.    

21 hours ago, Newleno said:

I have been on other ncl ships where the bow was opened, usually when there is something spectacular to see

Except it is super crowded and definitely no social distancing.

7 hours ago, anyman said:

We were on the POA in 2018, and they opened the bow for the Platinum Party.

Didn't have it there on my 2 trips in 2019  nor my sailing this year.     I also did sail a party on the bow in 2018=  far from ideal.   Only orange juice and cheap sparkling wine,  no chairs.    Benefit for NCL,  it was quick and over.    

I saw that Jewel was not going to Oz this winter so that was last straw to cancel our April 15, 2021 Papeete to Honolulu booking.

Does anyone know if CruiseNext certs' expiry dates have been altered due to the virus' effects on cruising ?

Not many mention it so I'll bring it up. My wife and I have sailed on the Gem in an Aft PH suite twice. Both times we would experienced a fair amount of soot coming onto the balcony. It really depends on how the wind it blowing, some days nothing some days a lot.

7 hours ago, dexddd said:

We've had that too but ended up raining so it was in a lounge.

When?      Could be outdated news?  

I had 2 sailing in 2019 and a sailing this year. -  none on the bow.     I also sailed in 2018-  which I mention was on the bow.