Cunard's Cancellations/Refunds Update 9th June 2020

bluemarble

4 hours ago, LEESRE said:

Hip Hip Hooray, today I finally got my refund, from Cunard, mine took 83 days from cancellation.

Cunard did what they said, 50/60 day, received my refund on the 60th day.🍷🥃

• Like 2

We cancelled our westbound TA on March 3. It was our first cruise on Cunard and we were booked in a Queens Grill stateroom. We received a cancellation from Cunard on March 10. We applied our initial deposit to a future cruise (Oct 2021) and had the remainder (USD $11K) refunded against our credit card.  After 90 days and being promised multiple times that our refund was coming in soon (last promised date was Friday June 5), I lost patience and filed a dispute with my credit card issuer earlier this week. The reason for disputing the charge was: never received the goods/services. I tried everything I could to resolve the issue directly with Cunard, but I got tired of the constant run around. 

Within 1 business day, the charge was reversed (albeit as a conditional credit), and now Cunard has to deal with my bank. The strangest thing is that Cunard did promptly refund a $144 excursion that I had booked for the port of Honfleur (less than 30 days).

Go figure.

I'm glad it is behind me. I was beginning to despair whether I would ever get a refund.

Edited by Meliador
typos

Just received my refund cheque too today from Carnival UK. 🙂

Cruise - 20th May 2020

Cancelled via online agent on 15th March - 80 days

Acknowledgement from TA received on 23rd March - 72 days.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, luckymal said:

Cunard did what they said, 50/60 day, received my refund on the 60th day.🍷🥃

Lucky for you but there are just as many complaints about Cunard and their failure to send refunds within time but as P&O/Cunard are the same finance department with the same personnel it is not surprising.

Just got a canival uk cheque for my cancelled cruise originally booked through my TA.

( cancelled on 23rd April with online form ) Cruise date was to be 30th May QV norwegian fjords

Now i've just got to work out how to pay it into the bank with all these covid restrictions!!!

I had a refund cheque from P&O today, so much quicker than Cunard.  

Cunard  - cruise cancelled/refund requested 16 March (cruise 28 March). Cheque received 1 June.

P&O - cruise cancelled/refund requested 23 April (cruise 27 June). Cheque received today.

Princess  - cruise canceled/refund requested 15 April (cruise 23 May). Nothing.

Advised agent who said all refunds would come to them and paid to my credit card, but cheques received instead - not sure how Princess will deal with things, but I understand they're only just working with Pause 1 refunds, and our is Pause 2.

5 hours ago, beaveh said:

Just got a canival uk cheque for my cancelled cruise originally booked through my TA.

( cancelled on 23rd April with online form ) Cruise date was to be 30th May QV norwegian fjords

Now i've just got to work out how to pay it into the bank with all these covid restrictions!!!

Does your bank not have an app where you can digitally deposit a check?  It's easy and convenient.  

3 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

Digital check limit £500

Ugh.  My bank (Wells Fargo, in US) has daily limit of $5000; 30 day limit $14600.  I do realize that some of your refunds are way beyond that.  Just completed my refund of a Carnival cruise, 78 days;  previous refund from Celebrity took 48 days.  Now just waiting for Cunard...EM

Cheque safely paid into my bank, over the counter. When a was discussing with my hubby what sort of face covering I should wear into town to go to the bank. We decided a balaclava was not a good choice. Lol

So time between completing on line form to getting cheque in my hand was 50 days.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, beaveh said:

Cheque safely paid into my bank, over the counter. When a was discussing with my hubby what sort of face covering I should wear into town to go to the bank. We decided a balaclava was not a good choice. Lol

So time between completing on line form to getting cheque in my hand was 50 days.

Spoilsport. In fact, you are pretty safe in a bank, if, like mine, they have  class screens that the clerks sit behind.

My B2B Transatlantic Cruise from Southampton to New York for 24th May was cancelled and last night I received an email from Cunard to say that my full refund had been processed and they were sorry for the delay and full of apologies because they had  so many refunds to get through …. then this morning a Cheque from Cunard with the full amount dropped through my mail box 🙂  so that is a total of 60days for my refund ...

I am also booked on the identical cruise for 1st of December but not sure if I shall be travelling on that.. might cancel if my doctor advises it.

But happy days for the refund so I am sure that everyone will receive theirs soon 🙂 

I did pay by my credit card and they refunded with a Cheque as they said that is how UK passengers were getting refunded.

Edited by Forky

On 6/9/2020 at 11:38 PM, ABoatNerd said:

Everyone: Cunard's site says the QM2 and Victoria sailings are cancelled to Nov 1 and Elizabeth to Nov 23.

We just filled in the form for a refund of our deposit - it states can take up to 60 days.

LOL. They still haven't refunded March Cruises that were claimed same month. . .

I have applied to Cunard for a refund.

Also doing a credit card dispute, worked great on a previous cancelled cruise.

Not expecting Cunard to do anything, and I Am Not their banker.

No more cruises for the foreseeable future.