Amplification Update and Itinerary Changes

Kind of disappointed that Explorer won't be amped.  We booked the Galveston to Miami next year in hopes that it would be.  Still, it will be our first time on Explorer and seeing Galveston so we're still looking forward to it.  Feel bad for the folks on Allure though.

Allure was coming back from Spain and headed to Miami. Oasis would make room by heading to PE. Then Allure was going to PC to spell Harmony, and Oasis would leave Miami for NJ, leaving Symphony by herself in South Florida until Oasis returned in the fall.  Harmony would then return to PC and send Allure to TX in November 21. 

So no idea where Allure goes now

Edited by John&LaLa

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Allure was coming back from Spain and headed to Miami. Oasis would make room by heading to PE. Then Allure was going to PC to spell Harmony, and Oasis would leave Miami for NJ, leaving Symphony by herself in South Florida until Oadis returned in the fall.  Harmony would then return to PC and send Allure to TX in November 21. 

Ok. I wasted all that research time. Lol

I didn’t realize she had planned to come to PC. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Ok. I wasted all that research time. Lol

I didn’t realize she had planned to come to PC. 

That;s why I thought she might stay here in November 2021 if she was not going to Tx

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I think your best bet is to ask for the 125% FCC and try and find a FL cruise on Oasis or Symphony

Maybe I need to reread but I dont even see a refund option. I see some want a refund, some are even paid off. All I see is cwc, and another fcc. I'll keep my b2b but so far comments are happy ... like yea it's a fan favorite because it's the only good ship out of Galveston.. no thanks, I want a refund. 

I dont see anyone happy, oh boy I get price protection on a lesser ship. Give me my money back.

• Like 2

Just now, firefly333 said:

Maybe I need to reread but I dont even see a refund option. I see some want a refund, some are even paid off. All I see is cwc, and another fcc. I'll keep my b2b but so far comments are happy ... like yea it's a fan favorite because it's the only good ship out of Galveston.. no thanks, I want a refund. 

I dont see anyone happy, oh boy I get price protection on a lesser ship. Give me my money back.

STAR passengers in particular. 

On the other hand, there are a ton of folks happy she didn't get amped

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

STAR passengers in particular. 

On the other hand, there are a ton of folks happy she didn't get amped

Still seems like if you move someone to a lesser ship there should be some obc, some compensation.

I did oasis twice before amped so I dont really know the difference or what it is tbh.

I think the biggest disappointment is ... more liberty??? Not even a different ship?

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 2

Just now, firefly333 said:

Still seems like if you move someone to a lesser ship there should be some obc, some compensation.

I did oasis twice before amped so I dont really know the difference or what it is tbh.

Lots of good stuff in the amp, but some folks don't like the look of the slides, or the new DL on deck 4

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

We would not go for a change like that.  We are booked in an A1 in March 2022 and Liberty is not a fair replacement.  They would have to really jump thru some hoops for us to make that move.

Seems like the only choice is cwc and another fcc. I dont want another fcc.

I agree I expected more. Price protection is the only thing offered. Lame, sorry but lame

• Like 1

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Seems like the only choice is cwc and another fcc. I dont want another fcc.

I agree I expected more. Price protection is the only thing offered. Lame, sorry but lame

Price protected would be fine if you could change ships. Call and ask

• Like 2

I was booked on the 4-day Allure inaugural from Galveston.  My letter from Royal indicates they will move me to a November 7, 2021, 7-day Liberty cruise.  It’s  price protected from the 4 day Allure, or price will be reduced if the Liberty sailing is less expensive.    

What I thought Was interesting, is they have already assigned and given me a new cabin number for the alternate cruise.   Nice cabin location.   Guess I’ll just have an extra year to anticipate an Oasis-class.  

I love Liberty, so will take the alternate cruise anyway.   Hey, 7 days is better than 4 anyway you look at it.  

1 minute ago, BSocial said:

I was booked on the 4-day Allure inaugural from Galveston.  My letter from Royal indicates they will move me to a November 7, 2021, 7-day Liberty cruise.  It’s  price protected from the 4 day Allure, or price will be reduced if the Liberty sailing is less expensive.    

What I thought Was interesting, is they have already assigned and given me a new cabin number for the alternate cruise.   Nice cabin location.   Guess I’ll just have an extra year to anticipate an Oasis-class.  

I love Liberty, so will take the alternate cruise anyway.   Hey, 7 days is better than 4 anyway you look at it.  

Oh you had the 4 day, maybe those with 7 days will get different offers. I expect to be last since my cruise is much further out.

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Oh you had the 4 day, maybe those with 7 days will get different offers. I expect to be last since my cruise is much further out.

let us know when your offer arrives 

19 minutes ago, BSocial said:

Sounds like you got the good deal

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Allure was coming back from Spain and headed to Miami. Oasis would make room by heading to PE. Then Allure was going to PC to spell Harmony, and Oasis would leave Miami for NJ, leaving Symphony by herself in South Florida until Oasis returned in the fall.  Harmony would then return to PC and send Allure to TX in November 21. 

So no idea where Allure goes now

In the letter from Royal it said Allure will port out of Fort Lauderdale for winter 21-22

6 minutes ago, ajp76 said:

In the letter from Royal it said Allure will port out of Fort Lauderdale for winter 21-22

As a result, Allure of the Seas will no longer sail from Galveston during Winter 2021 - 2022 and will sail from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, instead. 

Wow  So many people missed that part.  Thank you 

• Like 1

Cool Cruiser...what type of cabin did you have that they just moved you to Liberty.  We are in Star Class on Allure and Liberty has no class so they could not make an even switch for us.  Just concerned they might downgrade us and expect us to be happy about it.