Amplification Update and Itinerary Changes

34 minutes ago, ajp76 said:

In the letter from Royal it said Allure will port out of Fort Lauderdale for winter 21-22

I read that in your previous post and was just about to make a post about it. Thanks for that info.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Correct.  All her Galveston Itineraries from November 2021 through April 2022 are cancelled and replaced by Liberty.

Expect to be notified in the next couple weeks.  You may get an offer to sail Allure price protected from her new port in Florida.

I was on the first Allure sailing out of Galveston for 4 nights in November 2021. They automatically switched me to a sailing of the Liberty, which on the surface was great-- I got a 7 night cruise instead of a 4 night cruise. I was also offered a 100% credit if that sailing did not work for me. I was not offered a 125% credit and, interestingly, no refund. That is a real challenge since I can't sail for 7 nights just then. I obviously don't object to them cancelling the cruise, but failing to offer to just give me my money back is not acceptable.

EDITED-- I have attached a copy of the letter they sent me, with personal references removed.

Allure cancellation letter.docx

Edited by Petroplex
Add cancellation letter
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Petroplex said:

I was on the first Allure sailing out of Galveston for 4 nights in November 2021. They automatically switched me to a sailing of the Liberty, which on the surface was great-- I got a 7 night cruise instead of a 4 night cruise. I was also offered a 100% credit if that sailing did not work for me. I was not offered a 125% credit and, interestingly, no refund. That is a real challenge since I can't sail for 7 nights just then. I obviously don't object to them cancelling the cruise, but failing to offer to just give me my money back is not acceptable.

EDITED-- I have attached a copy of the letter they sent me, with personal references removed.

Allure cancellation letter.docx 36.36 kB · 1 download

I don’t disagree with you.  When I posted that I was speculating on what they might offer as they hadn’t released the offers at that time.

it does seem extremely weak compared to prior redeployment offers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I don’t disagree with you.  When I posted that I was speculating on what they might offer as they hadn’t released the offers at that time.

it does seem extremely weak compared to prior redeployment offers.

Yes I just got off the phone with them, and agree that it is extremely weak.  Especially since a full refund was not offered considering the multiple changes.  I too was on the 4 day inaugural cruise.

- 4 Day to 7 Day

- Different day of week start date

- Different itinerary

- Different stateroom / Loss of Star Class (Downgraded me from a Star Loft to a Junior Suite Accessible)

- Different Ship

All of these factors to me means they should have offered a refund.

For our Spring Break 2022 Cruise we were able to just roll the Deposits as an FCC into replacement cruise on the Symphony we had previously booked, so that was a good thing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lovescats5 said:

Cool Cruiser...what type of cabin did you have that they just moved you to Liberty.  We are in Star Class on Allure and Liberty has no class so they could not make an even switch for us.  Just concerned they might downgrade us and expect us to be happy about it.

I’m sorry for you - your Star class is for sure NOT an even trade.   Hope they give you an equitable solution.   You deserve it.  

My scenario was a simple one.  I had a deck 8 balcony on Allure.   They switched me to Liberty deck 7 hump balcony.   

good luck!

1 hour ago, lovescats5 said:

Cool Cruiser...what type of cabin did you have that they just moved you to Liberty.  We are in Star Class on Allure and Liberty has no class so they could not make an even switch for us.  Just concerned they might downgrade us and expect us to be happy about it.

Sounds like, oh yeah they are going to downgrade you and give you some $$$ back. They can't invent star class on Liberty(Classless)...

Edited by Jimbo

34 minutes ago, Wahed said:

Yes I just got off the phone with them, and agree that it is extremely weak.  Especially since a full refund was not offered considering the multiple changes.  I too was on the 4 day inaugural cruise.

- 4 Day to 7 Day

- Different day of week start date

- Different itinerary

- Different stateroom / Loss of Star Class (Downgraded me from a Star Loft to a Junior Suite Accessible)

- Different Ship

All of these factors to me means they should have offered a refund.

How can they even think Star Loft to accessible JS is equitable?  I would work on them for a refund.  Good luck!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BSocial said:

How can they even think Star Loft to accessible JS is equitable?  I would work on them for a refund.  Good luck!

I'm sure he got money back too. He also went from 4 days to 7 days.............. the mystery continues........where is that poster?

Edited by Jimbo
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BSocial said:

I’m in the same situation. We had a 2 bedroom aqua theater suite for a 7 night cruise and I think that they should give us the option of another star class room for the same week. I’m not going to be a happy camper when I get my letter.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, djh said:

I’m in the same situation. We had a 2 bedroom aqua theater suite for a 7 night cruise and I think that they should give us the option of another star class room for the same week. I’m not going to be a happy camper when I get my letter.

Liberty doesn’t have Star Class. 

31 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Liberty doesn’t have Star Class. 

“and all of your amenities will remain the same. 

Exactly! How can they offer you the same class room with the same amenities when that ship doesn’t even offer the same amenities.

• Thanks 1

Liberty doesn't have much.  We were on Liberty March 2020 in the Presidential Suite and did not feel like they did a good job.  We had to hunt our luggage down and it took us until after 6 to find all of it.  Not a cruise we would ever want to repeat.  So, I guess we might just have to lose the deposit for the A1 before we sail Liberty again.

40 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I'm sure he got money back too. He also went from 4 days to 7 days.............. the mystery continues........where is that poster?

That's what people are saying. They are giving us a cheaper cruise and not offering any compensation. Even any category is cheaper on liberty than on allure more than likely.

The only thing offered is cwc with a fcc. There is no offer of compensation for moving to a cheaper class of ship. Mine is a b2b so would be hard to rebook. I'm not wanting to rebook but I've seen other ship changes where they were offered $250 obc 

Just now, firefly333 said:

That's what people are saying. They are giving us a cheaper cruise and not offering any compensation. Even any category is cheaper on liberty than on allure more than likely.

The only thing offered is cwc with a fcc. There is no offer of compensation for moving to a cheaper class of ship. Mine is a b2b so would be hard to rebook. I'm not wanting to rebook but I've seen other ship changes where they were offered $250 obc 

I compared my Christmas cruise on Allure for 2021 to the Christmas cruise on Liberty in 2020 and Allure was cheaper. .  More cabins to fill.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I compared my Christmas cruise on Allure for 2021 to the Christmas cruise on Liberty in 2020 and Allure was cheaper. .  More cabins to fill.

When I do a search for 7 night cruises in November/December 2021 several ships are grayed out, Allure being one of them. I guess they haven’t quite figured out what she’s doing yet.

Edited by djh

26 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Also depends if it went out of florida prices are cheaper.

To me allure is better, but just my opinion.

I'm surprised they didnt offer a refund option. Not me, my other group, some want their money back.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

You read the letter. No where did it say anything about compensation other than you are price protected.

No mystery. Read the letter. 

Adding to the chorus here. I booked Allure from Galveston for the ship. I Lifted & Shifted my way into a good price on Allure, now I'm on Liberty. Been there, done that. I was expecting a bit of OBC for the "lesser" ship, or price protection to Allure from FLL. Surprised Royal didn't offer that - I've found them reasonable in most other cases.

19 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm surprised they didnt offer a refund option. Not me, my other group, some want their money back.

Those were both Galveston sailings and Allure was cheaper than Liberty.  I do agree that Allure is a better ship.

23 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Other than Tampa, FL is rarely cheaper than Galveston