Amplification Update and Itinerary Changes

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

You read the letter. No where did it say anything about compensation other than you are price protected.

No mystery. Read the letter. 

I thought you hadn't gotten a letter yet🤔

• Haha 1

We are extremely unhappy with these offers.  I was understanding that Allure won't be able to be going out of Galveston, but Liberty is not comparable to the Aquatheatre suite we have booked.  I am really hoping they change the offer to get a refund or allow us to go on Allure out of Fort Lauderdale. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

I thought you hadn't gotten a letter yet🤔

My TA forwarded it, and it says just what was posted. 

Some one else started a new thread and posted his letter. No refunds, no compensation. Says you get at least the category you booked or better. (Dont know how the guy in the star cabin gets that, but maybe they felt it was covered under price protection.) If the price is less you can get a price reduction.

I think a lot of people are still kinda in shock. The letter wasnt exactly the options expected.

On the one hand yes i got a good deal. On the other hand most family says I'm crazy to book with covid a threat. So yes I got good deals. I'm happy with the deals but would have preferred a newer ship than liberty. The rumours abounded about newer ships if allure didnt come, so it was hard not to have some higher expectations than side ways to liberty. 

But I'll have a good b2b. Just kinda came out of nowhere today. I'm good. 

• Thanks 1

Another Star Class guest still waiting to see how this plays out. 

With three of us in a 2 bedroom ATS on Allure a one bedroom suite on Liberty isn't going to work.  The GS 2 bedroom on Liberty doesn't appear to be available but they may be blocking it from inventory hoping folks like us will accept the loss of Star Class.  No drink package, no dining package, no internet, no Genie, no Coastal Kitchen to name a few lost benefits.  

I've never gone the route of pursuing a claim with my credit card company against Royal but this maybe an exception.  This is like booking first class on an international flight only to have the airline switch planes and put you in domestic business class, not to mention if any 2 bedroom suites will be available or offered.

Fortunately I have this one with my favorite TA.  Let's see what magic she can spin for me.  

Edited by twangster

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Those were both Galveston sailings and Allure was cheaper than Liberty.  I do agree that Allure is a better ship.

Any idea when Allure bookings might open? I am thinking of moving my Jan 2021 Oasis sailing to Jan 2022 on Allure.

I agree, twangster.  We will not take a room on Liberty because it has nothing we want at this time.  Not to mention we picked Allure because of the cabin, A1, and Liberty sure doesn"t have one of those.  What a nightmare for all involved.

31 minutes ago, twangster said:

Another Star Class guest still waiting to see how this plays out. 

With three of us in a 2 bedroom ATS on Allure a one bedroom suite on Liberty isn't going to work.  The GS 2 bedroom on Liberty doesn't appear to be available but they may be blocking it from inventory hoping folks like us will accept the loss of Star Class.  No drink package, no dining package, no internet, no Genie, no Coastal Kitchen to name a few lost benefits.  

I've never gone the route of pursuing a claim with my credit card company against Royal but this maybe an exception.  This is like booking first class on an international flight only to have the airline switch planes and put you in domestic business class, not to mention if any 2 bedroom suites will be available or offered.

Fortunately I have this one with my favorite TA.  Let's see what magic she can spin for me.  

Wow.  Hopefully their social

media pages and emails will be full of messages from those affected. That’s how the 18 drink package debacle got reversed. I realize not as many  people are affected but they may change their mind especially about the refund. 
is this sailing not available to lift and shift under the Cwc?

48 minutes ago, twangster said:

No drink package, no dining package, no internet, no Genie, no Coastal Kitchen to name a few lost benefits.  

Even though Star class doesn't exist on Liberty, it would be easy for Royal to include the equivalent benefits for free where possible...Internet, drink package, dining package.  They can't do anything about a Genie or SL/CK but the dining and drink packages could partially make up for that.  Don't understand why they don't at least offer this to Allure Star passengers.  

17 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

Wow.  Hopefully their social

media pages and emails will be full of messages from those affected. That’s how the 18 drink package debacle got reversed. I realize not as many  people are affected but they may change their mind especially about the refund. 
is this sailing not available to lift and shift under the Cwc?

Lift and Shift is a program where Royal can manipulate bookings when it suits them or it's to their advantage.  There seem to be hidden restrictions that aren't published so it's a bit a of whack-a-mole game trying to Lift and Shift.  

On one hand they are willing to offer to Lift and Shift Allure to Liberty.  This is the default action for the bulk of Allure Galveston sailings.  What about a Lift and Shift to Symphony or Harmony?  That's where they play the "different ports" card, if it suits them.  

For my week:

Allure as booked - Western Caribbean

Oasis - Eastern Caribbean, no 2 bedroom suites available, no Star Class available

Symphony - Western Caribbean, no 2 bedroom suites available, no Star Class available

Harmony - Eastern Caribbean, no 2 bedroom suites available, no Star Class available

Allure - not available to accept bookings at this time.

So in my case for my travel week there is no Star Class available and there are no 2 bedroom suites available on any ship that on the surface comes close to matching any resemblance of the original booking - seven nights to the Caribbean.

There is Anthem to the Bahamas that has Star Class available but it's twice the price of my booking so they'll play the "sorry that doesn't qualify for L&S" card.  I doubt my siblings want to sail from Bayonne in the winter anyways so that's a non-starter.

4 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Even though Star class doesn't exist on Liberty, it would be easy for Royal to include the equivalent benefits for free where possible...Internet, drink package, dining package.  They can't do anything about a Genie or SL/CK but the dining and drink packages could partially make up for that.  Don't understand why they don't at least offer this to Allure Star passengers.  

Royal could do lots of things but they get their anus grows very tight when it doesn't suit them.  In Royal's mind putting a Star Class guest into a JS with no benefits = okay, extending the benefits they booked = not okay (that costs them money).  Liberty doesn't offer Sky Class let alone the loss of a Genie.  What price do they put on a Genie?  Apparently a Genie is worthless in Royal's eye since they don't offer anything for removing that benefit.   

11 hours ago, firefly333 said:

(Dont know how the guy in the star cabin gets that, but maybe they felt it was covered under price protection.)

I had 1 cabin on the November Inaugural 4 day sailing in a Star loft.

I had 3 cabins on a Spring Break 2022 sailing.  2 Star Lofts, and 1 2br Aquatheater.

Based on the emails i can't tell which reservation was moved into the JS Accessible, but the other 3 cabins were moved into Owner suites.

In no way, shape or form, is downgrading someone to a JS Accessible from a Star class cabin equitable.  Big sad.

I'll just be rolling these reservations into other bookings.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

We are booked on Oasis for NYE 2021. I'm hoping to switch the Allure. Bookings aren't opened yet though.

You will have to pay the posted rates for  Allure.  I’ll be interested to see how they have those priced. 

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

That has to be 2020.

in 2021 she will be from FLL and on the TA site all bookings still show from Galveston and are closed. 

Ok. I wasn’t sure. The December 27 2020 cruise goes into January 2021. So the 2020/2021 is considered 2020 NYE I guess. I’ll figure this stuff out one day. Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, twangster said:

Lift and Shift is a program where Royal can manipulate bookings when it suits them or it's to their advantage.  There seem to be hidden restrictions that aren't published so it's a bit a of whack-a-mole game trying to Lift and Shift.  

On one hand they are willing to offer to Lift and Shift Allure to Liberty.  This is the default action for the bulk of Allure Galveston sailings.  What about a Lift and Shift to Symphony or Harmony?  That's where they play the "different ports" card, if it suits them.  

I am still flabbergasted by this decision.  

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You will have to pay the posted rates for  Allure.  I’ll be interested to see how they have those priced. 

Doesn't matter. I'm still hoping to switch. I bet Allure is cheaper ..... I just want Mamma Mia again LOL

Edited by CruisingSince1982
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lovescats5 said:

I agree, twangster.  We will not take a room on Liberty because it has nothing we want at this time.  Not to mention we picked Allure because of the cabin, A1, and Liberty sure doesn"t have one of those.  What a nightmare for all involved.

we also have a 1A room.  Will be interesting to see what they offer.  Unlikely to be please given ship and itinerary change.  It maybe the largest suite will change my mind haha