Amplification Update and Itinerary Changes

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I've read the options have been changed. 

Option 1 move to within 4 weeks of your date on oasis or symphony of the seas ... for those with suites they can now keep them

Options 2 full refund and there was a option 3.

I'm not a ta, and my screen shot is from a site I dont think I can post. Do we have a ta in the house who can post this or post the update on a new thread.

There is nothing yet posted on any of the TA sites

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There is nothing yet posted on any of the TA sites

I'm reading the call centers are being updated today with the new offers. 

It says they are updating these options so travel agents can make these changes online, starting this afternoon. It's not afternoon yet, but it says from the home office. ... so I'd hold on to see if true.

Edited by firefly333

17 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

It says they are updating these options so travel agents can make these changes online, starting this afternoon. It's not afternoon yet, but it says from the home office. ... so I'd hold on to see if true.

I was just speaking with the groups department and they have not heard of any udpates

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BSocial said:

Firefly, what was option 3?

Now that I'm rereading only 2 options. ... I was in the middle of game and got a war to play with the boys from russia. My team.   Sorry was having trouble figuring it out myself. Let me try to copy, then I have to war.

I would like to share some information I received directly from the Royal Caribbean home office yesterday regarding the Allure.  As most of you are probably aware the Allure will not be repositioning to Galveston for the 2021 – 2022 winter season, and guests originally booked on the Allure will be transferred to the Liberty of the Seas.  RCCL is in the process of updating their compensation offer/options for impacted guests. Additional options are:

Option 1:  Guests can move their cruise to the Oasis or Symphony of the Seas within 4 weeks of the original sailing and RCCL will protect the rate paid on the Allure or provide them with the lower of the two.

Option 2: Receive a FULL refund regardless if booked with a refundable or non-refundable deposit.

The RCCL call centers are being updated on the new offer. It is suggested to contact RCCL beginning this afternoon (Jun 11th) to make changes. They are working on updating CruisingPower/Espresso so travel agents can do this online.

Also they did confirm their goal is to still bring an Oasis Class ship to Galveston. The timing will depend on when construction of the new terminal is complete and the re-opening of ports.

Edited by firefly333
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

If it's FB, you can post stuff from there. Use a screen shot

And if it's Matt's blog, you can do a screen shot as well

37 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

If it's FB, you can post stuff from there. Use a screen shot

And if it's Matt's blog, you can do a screen shot as well

Dont know matt or his blog. His name was different. Posted 2 hours ago.

Sorry russia is opposite time and I was busy warring and saw that posted earlier this morning, just wanted to say dont cancel you will lose price protection. Someone came into our local Galveston royal Caribbean group and was allowed to post a new thread. Admin allowed it. I cant even do that so admin of the group allowed him to start a new thread. i assume admin allowed it or approved it. Said it came out yesterday. Just went up 2 hours ago though. 

Beats me ... but I'd hold off cancelling. 

Removed who it was, trying to post within limits but update when oasis class will come, the new part says terminal scheduled for oct 22

Latest from Royal Caribbean on GALVESTON

One of Royal Caribbean's largest cruise ships won't come to the Port of Galveston in 2021 as planned, the company said Wednesday.

The Allure of the Seas, a 1,185-foot ship with room for up to 6,780 passengers, will sail out of Florida during the winter 2021 cruise season, Royal Caribbean spokesman Jonathan Fishman said.

The Allure of the Seas, an Oasis-class ship, is one of the largest in Royal Caribbean's fleet. It is now not scheduled to sail out of Galveston until 2022, Fishman said.

The announcement is not a great surprise. Royal Caribbean and the port earlier this year agreed to delay the construction of a new $100 million cruise terminal that would be designed to accommodate the larger ship.

The new terminal is now scheduled to be completed by October 2022, Fishman said.

With the Allure of the Sea's arrival delayed, the Liberty of the Seas will remain operating out of Galveston until April 2022, Fishman said.

The Liberty of the Seas is a 1,111-foot ship with capacity for 4,200 people. It first arrived in Galveston in 2015.

Edited by firefly333

Sorry to hear about your difficulties getting this resolved.  They did say they were still updating their call centers and recommended waiting until this afternoon to call. This updated information came from Vicki Freed's office, the Senior Vice President of Sales and Trade Support.

Xxxxxx I hope they make it right for you without long hold times on the phone.  You may also want to ask the agent to check for the latest information and let them know this information was from Vicki Freed's office if you have any problems. Please let us know the outcome. 

I know John will disagree. I've seen him post Galveston is cheaper than Tampa. My experience is Galveston is more expensive than florida options. I hope I'm allowed to post these unverified comments I've been posting. 

Xxxxxx  This was direct from the home office. I do know they've been wanting to put an Oasis Class ship in Galveston for sometime to better compete with Carnival. Galveston has among the highest base cruise fares due to the high demand. Bringing an Oasis Class to Galveston looks very promising from a revenue perspective. 

If you were booked on ALLURE and thought your options were limited to Liberty, That has changed TODAY.  You can now: (1) Still move to Liberty, (2) Move to ANY other ship on a Caribbean cruise with your 7 night- price protected, or (3) get a refund of your deposit.   We moved to Symphony, for the two weeks, in January 2022..Mine is done!  Call RC if you want to make changes. Your move is still covered by Cruise with Confidence.We did have to pay a small difference in port fees. We are done and have new confirmations. 

Edited by internetwhiz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I know John will disagree. I've seen him post Galveston is cheaper than Tampa. My experience is Galveston is more expensive than florida options. I hope I'm allowed to post these unverified comments I've been posting. 

Xxxxxx  This was direct from the home office. I do know they've been wanting to put an Oasis Class ship in Galveston for sometime to better compete with Carnival. Galveston has among the highest base cruise fares due to the high demand. Bringing an Oasis Class to Galveston looks very promising from a revenue perspective. 

firefly,

if you are cutting and pasting from someone’s personal messages with you, imho it’s  not appropriate to post that first paragraph.  John is a respected poster on this board. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, BSocial said:

firefly,

if you are cutting and pasting from someone’s personal messages with you, imho it’s  not appropriate to post that first paragraph.  John is a respected poster on this board. 

I am not quoting personal messages to myself. I said I've seen john post that he thinks Tampa is more expensive than Galveston, so he might disagree with the comments I was posting... the comments were not addressed to me personally and are general. I also dont know John but respect and like him and didnt want him to take issue with some unverified poster. Sorry john. ... not my comments. I thought that was clear. I wouldnt post anything else since it's just someone who seems to have some new info, not my own, not addressed to me or from me.

Also it appears someone has successfully made the switch to another ship, there was already no reason to continue, so I had stopped.

Once again sorry John. The comments are posted on a rather large group, so not personal. I can go look but a group in the 1000s. Posted in public.  Once someone posted they made the switch, I had already quit as there was no reason to continue.

I just didnt want people cancelling and losing their price protection. .. until these other options were verified.

Ok I looked the group has over 17k members and these were public posts 17,000 could read.

Edited by firefly333

11 minutes ago, Wordell1 said:

Any idea where Allure will move to and what itinerary?  I am booked March 13 - 20 2022.  

I was booked b2b the 2 weeks after you. 

Some in suites couldnt make the transfer to same type, i just was posting to alert people that there were other options. It must now be where agents can see the options. Someone said oasis or symphony.. but the couple above said any Caribbean cruise.

It's possible allure wouldnt be reopened or not doing 7 days  ... but seems you can now transfer your booking to just about any Caribbean cruise. 

When I saw the posting I was only quoting it so people wouldnt cancel and lose their price protection. Sorry if I stepped on toes. 

I was booked allure march 20 and march 27, 2022,,, we would have passed ha. 

Liberty is already listed in Galveston that week.  I'm working with my TA to get moved over.  Galveston saves me a flight to Florida so it would be my 1st choice if I can get the same balcony category.  Also interested to see if I can just keep my Allure booking out of FLL if I can't.  Liberty is showing as booked for cat 1A so we will see.

RC has a very long hold for agents - surprise.

Lol I dont know a 1A from a hole in the head, so I wasnt intending anything other than someone was posting to a texas group calming words and other options.

Agents may mean on the phone line, no surprise to me IT at rcl wheels grind slowly, and dont know if there is overlap between my posts and people posting here and certainly no offense to john. As I said someone calming down texas group posted. .... though I now see someone else was able to switch to another ship, but sounds like not easily. Yes, I removed real names when I reposted. But didnt change otherwise.

Alright, I finally got a VERY helpful rep, named Victor at the Reaccommodation desk, that confirmed that Yes, we were able to move to another 7 day itinerary within a 4 week window of our original sailing on Allure out of Galveston. It has to be the same classification of room that we had and our original room rate has been protected, with the exception of the difference in port fees and taxes. So it only took 3 days, and 5 hours on the phone...We are now on Oasis OTS out of Miami!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I am not quoting personal messages to myself. I said I've seen john post that he thinks Tampa is more expensive than Galveston, so he might disagree with the comments I was posting... the comments were not addressed to me personally and are general. I also dont know John but respect and like him and didnt want him to take issue with some unverified poster. Sorry john. ... not my comments. I thought that was clear. I wouldnt post anything else since it's just someone who seems to have some new info, not my own, not addressed to me or from me.

Also it appears someone has successfully made the switch to another ship, there was already no reason to continue, so I had stopped.

Once again sorry John. The comments are posted on a rather large group, so not personal. I can go look but a group in the 1000s. Posted in public.  Once someone posted they made the switch, I had already quit as there was no reason to continue.

I just didnt want people cancelling and losing their price protection. .. until these other options were verified.

Ok I looked the group has over 17k members and these were public posts 17,000 could read.

I’m having trouble figuring out which text is yours. I’m confused?

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I’m having a trouble figuring out which text is yours. I’m confused?

M8

Ok I guess I thought the very polite tones obviously weren't mine but drew a ..... between what is mine and put a quote below the  .... line. is that easier? Lol I dont speak at all like the quotes, with stuff like I'm sorry for your frustration etc . I'll put a .... line between. But I hopefully stopped someone from cancelling who can now transfer if they want. Sorry was trying to help. I tried to defer to a TA who I knew would say it so much better.

I also have no inside sources and would not make a post about revenue or base fares out of Galveston. At most I would say I can cruise cheaper out of miami, I dont talk about base fares. Never heard the term used. 

Edited by firefly333

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Ok I guess I thought the very polite tones obviously weren't mine but drew a ..... between what is mine and put a quote below the  .... line. is that easier? Lol I dont speak at all like the quotes, with stuff like I'm sorry for your frustration etc . I'll put a .... line between. But I hopefully stopped someone from cancelling who can now transfer if they want. Sorry was trying to help. I tried to defer to a TA who I knew would say it so much better.

I don’t understand who called out @John&LaLa ?  You quoted John’s name but felt you shouldn’t provide the authors name?

Maybe I’m reading it wrong??

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

10 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I don’t understand who called out @John&LaLa ?  You quoted John’s name but felt you shouldn’t provide the authors name?

Maybe I’m reading in wrong??

M8

So sue me, that was me I said John might not agree with the quote ... and then spaced ... and put the quote about a oasis class ship coming to Galveston and base fares and competing with carnival. ..the comment was mine because I'd seen john say tampa cost more ... then spaced and put the quote.

Sorry I tried to help. I knew a ta could say it better. I was trying to not upset john, and now seems everyone is beating me up. As I said I took it as someone calming down a texas group. Of course I like john and the last thing I would do is offend him. 

I'm done defending myself. If people want to read things not meant into me trying to help, their problem. I'm well aware john is well loved. Again I dont speak like that about base fares and revenue. To me was obviously not my words. 

Edited by firefly333
Spellcheck

25 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I’m having trouble figuring out which text is yours. I’m confused?

M8

It appears that Firefly is copying text from another site, possibly FB. I was one of those that suggested doing that. No worries.

• Thanks 1