All Jewel cruises cancelled through end Feb 2021

Rob_H

Just received from NCL an email like this for each cruise we booked in Jan/Feb 2021, including the Feb 27, 2021 Sydney to Tahiti:

"As a result of changes to the redeployment of our fleet, all Norwegian Jewel sailings from September 25, 2020 through February 27, 2021 have been cancelled. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please be advised that a full refund will be automatically returned to the form of payment provided at the time of booking. As we are sure you share our disappointment, we have issued a future cruise credit, worth 10% of the price paid for your previously scheduled cruise. This credit can be used for up to one year from today's date and can be applied towards any of our currently published sailings between January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2022. The future cruise credit will be available on June 15, 2020."

Maybe first Jewel sailing will be Mar 18 2021, Tahiti to Honolulu, as that's not cancelled (yet).

Rob

Edited by Rob_H
made quote clear

16 minutes ago, casofilia said:

For those who haven't seen it here are the restart dates for all NCL ships

image.png.a38b379796984465a84fe9b76591f524.png

I presume that the Star's is NCL's usual proof reading failure

where did you get this list from? link?

so ny (encore) and Miami (sky)  seems to be 2 of the initial ports.

bliss is in alaska during oct according to ncl website. we know thats not going to happen.

what is her actual embarkation port?

Edited by fstuff1

The document appeared in another thread with no indication where it came from nor if there was any other information.  I enquired of the original poster and it had been swiftly removed.

However in light of the email I got from NCL cancelling the Jewel cruises we had booked the time frame for the Jewel looks accurate so I wonder if the rest are too.   That is subject to change of course.

3 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

where did you get this list from? link?

This was posted on FB yesterday by someone who is friends with a crew member on the Breakaway. It made the rounds of Facebook groups but NCL has asked FB admins to remove it so it may not be available anymore ( I watched it disappear from a few groups.)  This was prior to the actual announcement about the Jewel that came from NCL.

The consensus is those are dates for crew (maintenance/engineering?) to return prior to relaunch.

5 minutes ago, pcakes122 said:

This was posted on FB yesterday by someone who is friends with a crew member on the Breakaway. It made the rounds of Facebook groups but NCL has asked FB admins to remove it so it may not be available anymore ( I watched it disappear from a few groups.)  This was prior to the actual announcement about the Jewel that came from NCL.

The consensus is those are dates for crew (maintenance/engineering?) to return prior to relaunch.

Most of the dates coincide with actual cruise start dates, so I would doubt that the re-launch date is something different than the actual date the ship will be back in service.  There seems to be a few outliers, so I wonder if it is possible we will see some itinerary adjustments (new cruise added in place of a previously canceled cruise) to re-align to some new dates for certain ships.  

2 minutes ago, Fredric22 said:

There seems to be a few outliers, so I wonder if it is possible we will see some itinerary adjustments (new cruise added in place of a previously canceled cruise) to re-align to some new dates for certain ships.  

yup,.

bliss  is listed in alaksa for oct.

and hawaii isnt taking cruise ships till 2021 (poa).

10 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

yup,.

bliss  is listed in alaksa for oct.

and hawaii isnt taking cruise ships till 2021 (poa).

The Hawaii ban on cruises until 2021 is only rumor/speculation.  I believe NCL is hoping to sail from Hawaii with the Oct. 31st sailing.  Whether or not Hawaii will allow it remains to be seen.

3 hours ago, Rob_H said:

Just received from NCL an email like this for each cruise we booked in Jan/Feb 2021, including the Feb 27, 2021 Sydney to Tahiti:

"As a result of changes to the redeployment of our fleet, all Norwegian Jewel sailings from September 25, 2020 through February 27, 2021 have been cancelled. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please be advised that a full refund will be automatically returned to the form of payment provided at the time of booking. As we are sure you share our disappointment, we have issued a future cruise credit, worth 10% of the price paid for your previously scheduled cruise. This credit can be used for up to one year from today's date and can be applied towards any of our currently published sailings between January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2022. The future cruise credit will be available on June 15, 2020."

Maybe first Jewel sailing will be Mar 18 2021, Tahiti to Honolulu, as that's not cancelled (yet).

Rob

Presently the JEWEL is moored in Oakland (Outer Harbor) LINK:

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:376003/zoom:13

To start that 3/18/21 sailing from Tahiti to Honolulu there is a whole lot of non-revenue cruising going on - - -

But between now and 9/25/20 start of the cancelled season - ah what's on the schedule ?

4 minutes ago, Fredric22 said:

The Hawaii ban on cruises until 2021 is only rumor/speculation.  I believe NCL is hoping to sail from Hawaii with the Oct. 31st sailing.  Whether or not Hawaii will allow it remains to be seen.

The JEWEL could sail by Hawaii and down under - but I don't see any revenue trips from any west coast port

including Canada - an empty sailing to reposition and restore crew ???

3 minutes ago, Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin said:

Okay, based upon your list, my Breakaway Sept 27th sailing won't happen.  Interesting, since I received an email TODAY regarding bidding for an upgrade!  And the cruise is still being offered for booking!  SIGH!! 😞

Well since no one knows if this list is 100% true, you may still want to take it with a grain of salt.  It is still possible that things start moving quicker than anticipated for the cruise lines as we move through the summer and perhaps some ships could come back on-line faster.  Or of course, it could go the other way too.  So many unknowns right now.  I would say that list is probably accurate, as it stood whenever it was created. 

18 minutes ago, Fredric22 said:

I would say that list is probably accurate, as it stood whenever it was created. 

The reason I agree is the speed with which NCL shut it down on FB (within an hour or so.)  The group I was in the admin not only removed it (and confirmed it was being removed at the request of NCL) but posted a warning that no one should attempt to repost it.  I'm surprised it is still here.

Edited by pcakes122
  • Thanks 1

We rebooked this cruise when our April sailing was cancelled, we had a 25 percent future cruise credit and 20 percent off a future book and now looks like they are just offering 10 percent cruise credit. We most definitely wont be rebooking with just that 10 percent and will be taking our money back.

After the way they put their prices up during the first wave of cancellations I swore then we wouldnt sail with ncl again and now they've made my mind up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fstuff1 said:

bliss is in alaska during oct according to ncl website. we know thats not going to happen.

what is her actual embarkation port?

The first cruise scheduled on Bliss after 10/15 would be Mexico out of LA on 10/18, so the Canada closure isn't an issue.  However, it would still need to transit the Panama Canal to get in position so it's possible 10/15 would be a Miami to LA sailing.  Otherwise, it could stay in the Caribbean and cover other itineraries until the 11/29 scheduled canal itinerary.

I messaged NCL on FB directly and sent the screenshot, asking point blank if it was legit. I received a standard response thast didn't actually answer my question. I am booked for The Gem in November. Doesn't look promising 😪

@AKR2011

I received a standard response thast didn't actually answer my question. 

I was on the Spirit Dubai to Cape Town and booked on the continuation to Athens.   I think what annoyed people on that cruise was the total lack of real information about what was going on.

We were able to follow on the ship's own navigation feed the routes and ship speed so could judge waht was happening.  We could also follow posts on here from the South African press.

We knew more that we were even told.

It is about time that NCL were far more open in informing their clients/customers of what is happening.

Have you ever been informed of how the exact sum you received as refund was calculated?   Or how the nominal value of an FCC was?

As I have said to many crew and office staff, we are being treated like mushrooms.

• Like 1

I've just gone on-line to check the price for the same sailing on the jewel that has just been cancelled for us and it looks like they've pulled all sailings on the jewel until May, the cancellation email stated feb but theres now no sailings until May.

Doesn't look like tahiti was ment to be for us. 

I got the same email last night and was devastated. We had a New Zealand/Australia cruise booked for the end of January 2021 that is now cancelled. Already bought our business class airline tickets, so we'll have to see what options we have to salvage that.

This is a hot mess. Now makes 3 cruises that I've had booked with them that were cancelled either by them or me (they refused to honor the 20% discount for cancelled cruises on a future cruise to Greece in 10/2021 so I cancelled). Not good, not good at all.

12 hours ago, iggyc said:

They should cancel the sailings of jewel from aug 1 to sept 25. Seems stupid to drag this out

I agree - we know we will not be going to Alaska so why not cancel these before the others?