All Jewel cruises cancelled through end Feb 2021

Rob_H

For those that have not received the original here it is with personal details removed.   I have indicated the piece on here that was updated as in the post a couple back.

Mike

picture?folder=default0%2FAustralia+NZ+2

IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION
Several Norwegian Jewel Sailings Cancelled

Reservation: xxxxxxx

Date: 06/09/2020

PAULINE WELLS

NZ

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners,

On behalf of Norwegian Cruise Line, thank you very much for your loyalty and for making us your vacation of choice.

As a result of changes to the redeployment of our fleet, all Norwegian Jewel sailings from September 25, 2020 through February 27, 2021 have been cancelled. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please be advised that a full refund will be automatically returned to the form of payment provided at the time of booking. As we are sure you share our disappointment, we have issued a future cruise credit, worth 10% of the price paid for your previously scheduled cruise. This credit can be used for up to one year from today's date and can be applied towards any of our currently published sailings between January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2022. The future cruise credit will be available on June 15, 2020.

If you are interested in selecting another sailing for your upcoming vacation, please contact your travel professional or Norwegian Cruise Line on the below contact information. For any guests booked outside of these countries, requiring a local number please visit www.ncl.com for contact details when handling your reservation.

UK 0044 (0)2380 718 916
Germany 0049 (0) 6119 4933712
Spain 0034 (0) 9317 634 74
Australia 0061 1300 255 200
Hong Kong 0085 22165 6000
Israel 00972 3372 6645
Middle East Region 0044 333 241 2319
Latin America Travel Agency: 001 305-436-4041/ Direct Guest 001 305-468-2040
Brazil 0055 11 3177 3136 / Toll-free 0800 773 7203

We greatly appreciate your understanding and look forward to welcoming you aboard very soon.

Yours Sincerely,

International Guest Services
Norwegian Cruise Line

29 minutes ago, pantherpaw said:

The first, titled "Norwegian Jewel 12.06.2020 Cancelation" says this: 

Please be advised that a full refund will be automatically returned to the form of payment provided at the time of booking. As we are sure you share our disappointment, we have issued a future cruise credit, worth 10% of the price paid for your previously scheduled cruise. . . .

The second, updated version says this:

Please be advised that a full refund will be automatically returned to the form of payment provided at the time of booking. As we are sure you share our disappointment, we have issued a future cruise credit, worth 10% toward your future cruise.

Re that second email:  looks like NCL neglected to specify 10% of what.   How are they calculating the amount of the FCC under the second email? 

@Turtles06

We received, according to the captain, a 75% FCC for problems on the Spirit.   I learned on here that it was actually a 75% DISCOUNT on a future cruise.  I had that confirmed by my contact on Sydney and booked a 19 day cruise in a Suite for the price we intended to pay for an Inside.

I am, at this point, till I hear otherwise from my Sydney contact, expecting that we will get 10% off the cost of a cruise (cruise fare only) we apply the "FCC" to.

Edited by casofilia

4 minutes ago, casofilia said:

I am, at this point, till I hear otherwise from my Sydney contact, expecting that we will get 10% off the cost of a cruise (cruise fare only) we apply the "FCC" to.

And you might be correct, but precision in language and communication would have been nice. No reason to make people guess. 

@Turtles06

but precision in language and communication would have been nice.

Have you ever seen any document from NCL that was absolutely correct grammatically or with no spelling or punctuation mistakes?   I don't think I have.

When you have seen as many as I have you will learn to read between the lines!!

44 minutes ago, Traveller26 said:

We're due to sail Hawaii to Vancouver on the Jewel 29th April 2021 this sailing has disappeared from the UK website 😞

Anyone else on this cruise?

All sailings until may have disappeared from the uk site. When I spoke with my ncl agent a few days ago she said they've pulled all the sailings for a year. We wanted to rebook on the april Tahiti to hawaii but she said they are cancelled.

3 hours ago, penlanspice said:

All sailings until may have disappeared from the uk site. When I spoke with my ncl agent a few days ago she said they've pulled all the sailings for a year. We wanted to rebook on the april Tahiti to hawaii but she said they are cancelled.

Thanks.

My booking is still there but states DEFAULT ITINERARY NAME where once was Honolulu to Vancouver I'm very confused.

It's disappointing I've not heard anything from ncl UK. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2020 at 10:52 AM, penlanspice said:

@penlanspice have you seen these sailings are back on the UK site?

46 minutes ago, Traveller26 said:

@penlanspice have you seen these sailings are back on the UK site?

I did notice a few days ago, we spoke to our ncl cc and she believes these cruises are not going to be going, makes complete sense as the ship is not going to be in Australia so cant see why they would reposition it to tahiti for just a few cruises, maybe she's wrong.

We have decided after ncl reduced the discount to 10 percent rather than the 20 percent off we originally had that we're going to take a refund. The amount they've increased prices far outweighs the 125 credit plus the 10 percent.

Ok I am very confused. I JUST booked April 15 Jewel to Tahiti and Hawaii. And I see nothing online or from my travel agent that this cruise will be cancelled. Only cruises thru Feb. I am in process of booking air an land hotels. Should I stop?  Does anyone have certain confirmation that Jewel will not be in Tahiti next year?

It is interesting to look at the Jewel cruises

Mar 15 Pap-Hon

Apr 1 Hon-Pap

Apr 15 Pap-Hon

Apr 29 Hon-Van

This just looks like what they were intending to do when they left Australia/New Zealand.

The illegal restart document and our cancellation documents both indicated 27th Feb for restart or cancellation.   If that is so the Jewel has to get from wherever it is parked up all the way to Papeete between the 27th Feb and 15th March.

If it is parked up in the States a cruise to Hawaii would not be allowed so it would have to do the trip to Papeete as a single cruise or light.

1 hour ago, Scubadoc said:

Ok I am very confused. I JUST booked April 15 Jewel to Tahiti and Hawaii. And I see nothing online or from my travel agent that this cruise will be cancelled. Only cruises thru Feb. I am in process of booking air an land hotels. Should I stop?  Does anyone have certain confirmation that Jewel will not be in Tahiti next year?

I would really holdup doing anything for awhile. I just don’t see them traveling all the way to Tahiti for a few cruises. Made sense on the way back from Sydney but a long haul coming from anywhere else. 

I was scheduled for this cruise this past April and I had to cancel everything. 

Is it something like NCL game with us ? if the first cruise after cancelled cruises will start in the middle of Pacific ocean in Papeete, will be NCL able to transport  the ship there empty ? It is absurdity for me... Maybe clear statement of NCL Public relations department would help thousands of customers. I am sure THEY  are here on this forum daily.

My biggest problem is the airfare. I am from Central Europe and now is the time to book air tickets to SFO with OK price for next spring - so book or not to book ? 

@GlamorousGirl

You should have got this on 11th June.  If you didn't contact your TA.

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners,

On behalf of Norwegian Cruise Line, thank you very much for your loyalty and for making us your vacation of choice.

As a result of changes to the redeployment of our fleet, all Norwegian Jewel sailings from September 25, 2020 through February 27, 2021 have been canceled. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please be advised that a full refund will be automatically returned to the form of payment provided at the time of booking. As we are sure you share our disappointment, we have issued a future cruise credit, worth 10% toward your future cruise. This credit can be used for up to one year from today's date and can be applied towards any of our currently published sailings between January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2022. The future cruise credit will be available on June 15, 2020. This offer supersedes the previously communicated future cruise credit information.

If you are interested in selecting another sailing for your upcoming vacation, please contact your travel professional or Norwegian Cruise Line on the below contact information. For any guests booked outside of these countries, requiring a local number please visit www.ncl.com for contact details when handling your reservation.

As each day passes, the uncertainty of all this becomes....well....more uncertain.   There are no correct answers.  NCL's wishful thinking and our speculation, just that....."here's what we hope to do, what we would like to do".   But for now, don't book anything with an assumption that it will actually happen.   My opinion.  

Guys it's over, no one is cruising until a vaccine is available or herd immunity has been reached. Future cruises will require you to show proof you've taken the vaccine in order to sail. People will lie regardless, there is no questionnaire that will prevent someone who is sick or doesn't even know they are sick to board. Unless they test everyone and can produce results in minutes when boarding. 

Edited by JustAPilot

On 6/11/2020 at 6:50 PM, casofilia said:

We received, according to the captain, a 75% FCC for problems on the Spirit.   I learned on here that it was actually a 75% DISCOUNT on a future cruise.  I had that confirmed by my contact on Sydney and booked a 19 day cruise in a Suite for the price we intended to pay for an Inside.

This is fascinating... we were supposed to be on the Jade from HK-Singapore in February, which turned into a major debacle and ended up canceled only three days before sailing. Per NCL, we received a 25% FCC, but the only way to access is to call NCL directly and have them look in our secret NCL permanent record (not viewable online). 

I may just call NCL to fake a booking and see if it's a few hundred dollars FCC, or a percentage off a future cruise.