All Jewel cruises cancelled through end Feb 2021

Rob_H

1 hour ago, AstoriaPreppy said:

This is fascinating... we were supposed to be on the Jade from HK-Singapore in February, which turned into a major debacle and ended up canceled only three days before sailing. Per NCL, we received a 25% FCC, but the only way to access is to call NCL directly and have them look in our secret NCL permanent record (not viewable online). 

I may just call NCL to fake a booking and see if it's a few hundred dollars FCC, or a percentage off a future cruise. 

You can just call and ask what is your FCC amount is.

1 hour ago, casofilia said:

If it is a PCC then it will appear in you MyNCL with an actual value.   If it is a "Discount" then it will NOT show and you can only find out from NCL by phone.

What is a PCC?

We would sail out of Sydney December 6th. Got the mail from NCL about the cancelled cruise and contacted them. And complained that I also booked airline tickets which I have to cancel, with a cancellation penalty. They told me that they got a lot of questions about compensation for airfare, and told me they will come back with a reaction. They also told me that the refund of the deposit was an automated process and this would not take so long to get back to my creditcard. In the mean time, a few weeks later, and didn't receive the refund yet, got no message about airfare compensation and didn't receive any FCC yet. 

Also stil waiting for my refund for a cruise that was cancelled March 11 th. 108 days ago. NCL told me 2 weeks ago they are now at processing all the refunds for cruises around the end of March. Cruise would have been May 15, so probably have to wait another month to get my 4000 euro's back.

5 hours ago, rolandvanvelzen said:

We would sail out of Sydney December 6th. Got the mail from NCL about the cancelled cruise and contacted them. And complained that I also booked airline tickets which I have to cancel, with a cancellation penalty. They told me that they got a lot of questions about compensation for airfare, and told me they will come back with a reaction. They also told me that the refund of the deposit was an automated process and this would not take so long to get back to my creditcard. In the mean time, a few weeks later, and didn't receive the refund yet, got no message about airfare compensation and didn't receive any FCC yet. 

They are blowing smoke up your arse.

Ive had 5 cruise cancelled so far and I have 5 left.  I ran this far up the flag pole and I got the answer to the airfare question as I had almost $3000 in Airfare from them cancelling twice now. Spirit from March Africa airfare, changed to Jewel 2021 New Zealand at a $500+ change fee cost now totally dead.

The answer..........submit a claim to your travel insurance as the contract gives them the right to cancel cruises and they do not have to compensate you.

Steve

Just had a look in NCL.com. Some new Jewel itineraries out - starting Feb 7, 2021 - doing 3 Mexican Riviera out of Los Angeles, before heading out to Honolulu (empty) on Feb 28. Then she does the Hawaii - French Polynesia runs starting March 5, 2021 until end of April 2021. Then the Jewel heads to Vancouver from Honolulu on April 29, 2021 to start her Alaska season.

42 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

Just had a look in NCL.com. Some new Jewel itineraries out - starting Feb 7, 2021 - doing 3 Mexican Riviera out of Los Angeles, before heading out to Honolulu (empty) on Feb 28. Then she does the Hawaii - French Polynesia runs starting March 5, 2021 until end of April 2021. Then the Jewel heads to Vancouver from Honolulu on April 29, 2021 to start her Alaska season.

I don't know if its going to happen with the new requirements

Steve

French Polynesia will open its borders to international travelers and will allow tourists to its territory from July 15th 2020. French Polynesia has however made a few rules mandatory for visitors. The tourists are required to get the Covid19 test before visiting French Polynesia and they would be tested again on arrival in French Polynesia. Tourists are also required to buy international travel insurance which would cover emergency medical expenses while in French Polynesia.

I can't see many people being able to get that sort of travel insurance; certainly not the insurance company we used for our Spirit South African cruise.

Can you imagine the cover required and the cost especially for us over 70's.

1 hour ago, casofilia said:

I can't see many people being able to get that sort of travel insurance; certainly not the insurance company we used for our Spirit South African cruise.

Can you imagine the cover required and the cost especially for us over 70's.

How do you visit for a day and get a covid test done? Unless its instant results????

Steve

@mscdivina2016

How do you visit for a day and get a covid test done? Unless its instant results????

That is the way they are going to fill their hotels to get the economy running!!!!

If you are entering on a ship and debarking you have to have it done before you leave the previous port and then stay for 2 days in isolation of course till the swab is clear.

If you are flying in to join a ship you have to arrive 3 days before boarding and have the swab on arrival with 2 days in isolation till the result comes through.

And, of course, because it is due to Coronavirus, which is still in pandemic mode, the insurance companies will not reimburse for.

They learned that from New Zealand!!  We have allowed in 100+ people to prepare for the America's Cup and another 100+ to work on an Avatar film and they are all in hotel based isolation for 14 days which they are paying for!!!

10 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@mscdivina2016

That is the way they are going to fill their hotels to get the economy running!!!!

If you are entering on a ship and debarking you have to have it done before you leave the previous port and then stay for 2 days in isolation of course till the swab is clear.

If you are flying in to join a ship you have to arrive 3 days before boarding and have the swab on arrival with 2 days in isolation till the result comes through.

And, of course, because it is due to Coronavirus, which is still in pandemic mode, the insurance companies will not reimburse for.

They learned that from New Zealand!!  We have allowed in 100+ people to prepare for the America's Cup and another 100+ to work on an Avatar film and they are all in hotel based isolation for 14 days which they are paying for!!!

Where did you get that information? Only info I've seen is on the tahiti website which states you have to have a test before arrival in tahiti and a max of 72 hours before arrival.

From what I have read you need to have a test 72 hrs. prior to flying to Tahiti and proof of medical (travel) coverage . I saw nothing of an international medical insurance . I know this is a situation that makes one anxious ,including me . Just my opinion but I feel this is an evolving situation and much as I find it hard to be patient ,I realize that I must be . A few weeks ago a 14 quarantine was required I believe .

For those who haven't heard Victoria (Australia) is going backward versus the Coronavirus and shutting down again. 

Our government is allowing NZers to travel out now that Europe will allow NZ citizens to visit.   BUT and it is a very BIG BUT we anticipate that anyone who goes out of NZ on a holiday will have to pay for their own hotel isolation on their return for 14 days.  We are getting people (NZ citizens, the only ones allowed in) showing signs of Coronavirus returning to the country.

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 9:27 PM, casofilia said:

For those who haven't seen it here are the restart dates for all NCL ships

image.png.a38b379796984465a84fe9b76591f524.png

I presume that the Star's is NCL's usual proof reading failure

Except the breakaway  is scheduled to be mid cruise on 11-17.  Also a bunch of those are not NCL ships.   Fake list.  Someone looking for attention.

29 minutes ago, MoCruiseFan said:

Except the breakaway  is scheduled to be mid cruise on 11-17.  Also a bunch of those are not NCL ships.   Fake list.  Someone looking for attention.

Not fake list????????????

NCL owns several cruise lines and those are the other lines ships.🙄

Oceana

Regent seven seas

Steve

55 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Not fake list????????????

NCL owns several cruise lines and those are the other lines ships.🙄

Oceana

Regent seven seas

Steve

i still wouldnt take that list as accurate, being as cases have exploded in the south and the cdc talks didnt seem to go well.  i think this can change by the month.