Spa Cabin

beloum

To me, yes.  If your ship has the T-pool, that is totally worth it for that.  You get some free classes and discounts on spa treatments.  You also get some special lotions and soaps in your cabin.  Sister and I were on Splendor one cruise and thoroughly enjoyed the amenities. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, beloum said:

On ships with spa cabins, what are the extra amenities/benefits that are included?   And in your opinion is it worth an extra $50pp on 7 day cruise over a Lido regular balcony.    Thanks!

As stated above: Dream class ships and the Splendor definitely have the best spas, because of the Thalassotherapy pools.

I have stayed in spa cabins before and found that the amenities did not really live up to the added cost.  You get a few extra toiletries in the room, and spa robes and slippers.    Access to the thermal suite and T Pool is covered by the room cost.  

To me, the benefit was the close proximity to the spa itself.  The cabins are typically a short walk or elevator ride to the thermals.  You can even, theoretically, wear your robe over your bathing suit straight from your cabin. 

The spa passes can be purchased individually (sometimes there are couple passes, too); the cost is always less than a spa room.  DH and I usually opt for a pass in lieu of a spa cabin, unless we get a REALLY good deal.  We will head to the spa right after embarkation to buy a pass.   (The one time we stayed in a spa cabin, it was an interior that we got for $35 PP after a hurricane - half our ports were canceled, but the spa was amazing!) 

• Like 2

We always book a spa balcony on the ships with a Cloud 9 spa. You used to get Elimis toiletries but they quit when they started to cut down on plastics.  You do get a pair of slippers you keep. We spend a lot of time in the thermal suites,  particularly in the thalassptheropy pool.  We also like the location of the cabins, high and forward. 

Edited by Butterbean1000

Thanks for the info!!    It will be on the Splendor.   Like I mentioned $50pp more than a regular balcony cabin.   Seems like a good deal.  So the pool is included as well as the Thermal Suites?   I'm not really a spa person, but I'm sure my wife will love it.   

1 minute ago, beloum said:

Thanks for the info!!    It will be on the Splendor.   Like I mentioned $50pp more than a regular balcony cabin.   Seems like a good deal.  So the pool is included as well as the Thermal Suites?   I'm not really a spa person, but I'm sure my wife will love it.   

My husband wasn't thrilled with the idea of the spa the first time. Now he insists on booking a spa balcony.  He spends a lot of time in the thalassptheropy pool and steam room.  He also prefers the showers in the spa.  They are so much larger.

• Like 1

We had mixed feelings about the Spa room we booked on the Vista.  The T-Pool was always crowded when we wanted to use it.  The cabins are nice and quiet though.  The biggest issue was that we were on deck 12 and only 2 elevators in the forward bank of elevators went to 12.  So, if you do get a spa room, maybe deck 11 is better if you don't like to wait or don't like stairs.

I don't think I would book another Spa room, even if it was the same price.  

2 hours ago, beloum said:

The pool and thermal suites are included.

I have had a spa cabin on the Splendor and loved it.  How long is the cruise?  If it is 7 days or longer $50 pp more for the entire cruise is well worth it to me.  That is cheaper than a week long spa pass for two.  The pool was our favorite place and often not crowded on our cruise.  The spa area also has a nice relaxation room with views to the outside that was nice to use since we had an inside cabin.  We particularly enjoyed the relaxation room on the Dream going down the Mississippi River when it was out of New Orleans.

You Tube has a few videos of the Splendor spa.

7c4d679936f304c2c26d73a083bee3ac.jpg

Edited by mbglib
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, 3LegHog said:

We had mixed feelings about the Spa room we booked on the Vista.  The T-Pool was always crowded when we wanted to use it.  

Vista doesn’t have a thalassotherapy pool. It only has a small spa in the same area as the heated lounge chairs. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

We always book a spa balcony on the ships with a Cloud 9 spa. You used to get Elimis toiletries but they quit when they started to cut down on plastics.  You do get a pair of slippers you keep. We spend a lot of time in the thermal suites,  particularly in the thalassptheropy pool.  We also like the location of the cabins, high and forward. 

Splendor was our first experience in spa room.  Totally worth it!  The t-pool is divine.  Have fun!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Vista doesn’t have a thalassotherapy pool. It only has a small spa in the same area as the heated lounge chairs. 

This was understanding as well.  Just got a little panicked that i missed this. 

After having a spa cabin on the splendor in 2013, any time I have a cruise ship with the thalossotherapy pool be it NCL or Carnival, I grab it.  I just paid $100 extra for the Magic in October to move from an oceanview on 6 to a interior spa cabin.  Just worth it for the quiet area, the pool, close to gym and spa plus being "up there".

• Like 1

I booked a spa interior for September 2021 on the Magic from NYC.....(and keeping my fingers crossed)

It's a Canadian itinerary, and having done about a dozen "Canadian Itineraries" in all cabin categories, we never use the balcony.  

The additional expense over a lido interior was $90...a no-brainer.

We had mixed feelings about the Spa room we booked on the Vista.  The T-Pool was always crowded when we wanted to use it.  The cabins are nice and quiet though.  The biggest issue was that we were on deck 12 and only 2 elevators in the forward bank of elevators went to 12.  So, if you do get a spa room, maybe deck 11 is better if you don't like to wait or don't like stairs.

I don't think I would book another Spa room, even if it was the same price.  

We were on deck 14 of the Vista (Spa Cabin). There were only 2 elevators and one of them was down on embarkation day for luggage transfer and one or the other was out of service at least half the 7 day cruise.

We walked down the stairs to deck 12 where there were full banks of elevators.

The Spa Cabin amenities were nice.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...

has anybody had an interior room on breeze? on deck 12? were these regular interior rooms?  We got re assigned as our ship changed from radiance to Breeze and now we appear to be on deck 12 instead of deck 11? currently re assigned to room 12022. 

I wasn't impressed with our spa balcony cabin on the Horizon, I much prefer mid ship, mid deck balconies.  We were situated about the middle of the spa section, pretty close to the elevators and stairs.  It was way noisier at the entrance to the outside deck with that door slamming all day (and night).

One of the amenities is a skin exfoliant, but you will not find it in the cabin.  If you want this product, you will need to request it from the spa desk.