Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

5 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Got the rest of my expected points later in the day.  DW and I are whole through March now, on both Celebrity and Azamara websites.

Me too, when I checked yesterday, my points were up +8.

I checked my husband’s this morning & his were +10! 
So I went back to mine and mine also had another 2 added, so I am also + 10 from last month.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Schmoe38 said:

The webinar was March 25/21 so the points should be credited in April/21.

Randy

I believe you are correct.  Was not sure how they would handle this one since they also offered viewing thru the recorded version thru the end of the month.  BUT, I did get the 5 point for the webinar sometime last night.  I should have received 2 + 2 + 5 = 9.  However, I received 10 Captain's club points.  Not sure what the extra point (10 PUPS) is for.  Next month award (as of today) should be 3 (signing up for texts) + 1 (4/14 quiz on new Apex & Millennium cruises) so that's not it.  I am current with all my PUPS / Captain's Club points so I can't account for the extra point.  I've never had an "error" from Celebrity in my favor before.  Not sure how to act.  

14 hours ago, Schmoe38 said:

The webinar was March 25/21 so the points should be credited in April/21.

Randy

There was the "second chance" viewing offered through a link in the March newsletter, which is what I did. That option was open until April 4, so it is possible that one would not receive those PUPs until next month, if one watched after the end of March and before the end of the viewing window.

I watched on March 30 and received the PUPs yesterday (or maybe today...sometime between last month and when I looked a few minutes ago).

Edited by ExArkie
corrected typo

27 minutes ago, cruiseb4udie said:

I believe you are correct.  Was not sure how they would handle this one since they also offered viewing thru the recorded version thru the end of the month.  BUT, I did get the 5 point for the webinar sometime last night.  I should have received 2 + 2 + 5 = 9.  However, I received 10 Captain's club points.  Not sure what the extra point (10 PUPS) is for.  Next month award (as of today) should be 3 (signing up for texts) + 1 (4/14 quiz on new Apex & Millennium cruises) so that's not it.  I am current with all my PUPS / Captain's Club points so I can't account for the extra point.  I've never had an "error" from Celebrity in my favor before.  Not sure how to act.  

I must have missed the Power Up Points for signing up for texts (just what I need is more communication from Celebrity).

Do you recall when that offer came through?

Randy

22 minutes ago, Schmoe38 said:
53 minutes ago, cruiseb4udie said:

I must have missed the Power Up Points for signing up for texts (just what I need is more communication from Celebrity).

I remember reading about it a few pages back, but it certainly wasn’t for UK and I believe there were problems with Canadian network providers.

Edited by upwarduk

38 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

I remember reading about it a few pages back, but it certainly wasn’t for UK and I believe there were problems with Canadian network providers.

I couldn’t sign up from Canada 🇨🇦 

52 minutes ago, Schmoe38 said:

Randy

The Sign up for texts came in email on 4/1/21.  It was different than the other ones HD and I have received.  You had to click the link, then enter your phone number. When you received the text alert, you had to respond with a Y (yes).  There was no place to enter a Captain's Club member number so it must have been embedded in the link.  Celebrity didn't say this but speculation is that this one was targeted for US phone numbers only.  Here is a cut and paste from the email.

image.png.b5bd061e82ea4b105d5adea079395e8e.png

1 hour ago, cruiseb4udie said:

The Sign up for texts came in email on 4/1/21.  It was different than the other ones HD and I have received.  You had to click the link, then enter your phone number. When you received the text alert, you had to respond with a Y (yes).  There was no place to enter a Captain's Club member number so it must have been embedded in the link.  Celebrity didn't say this but speculation is that this one was targeted for US phone numbers only.  Here is a cut and paste from the email.

image.png.b5bd061e82ea4b105d5adea079395e8e.png

Thank you so much for providing the particulars. Yes it does look like a targeted strategy.

Maybe it’s better we couldn’t sign up as Canadians. We get enough emails from Celebrity. Adding text communications would probably mean I would have to charge my phone more often.

Thanks again.

Randy

2 hours ago, upwarduk said:

There was nothing wrong with our network providers, it was simply Celebrity choosing to exclude us. 😡

• Like 6

5 hours ago, cruiseb4udie said:

Checked this morning and I had also received 10 total new points, when I was expecting the 9 (2+2+5) like others have said.  Not sure why the bonus 1 point but hey thanks Celebrity!

18 hours ago, Fouremco said:

There was nothing wrong with our network providers, it was simply Celebrity choosing to exclude us. 😡

Honestly, i do not believe you are missing out on much. The only time i wish to hear from Celebrity is when it's time to "check in" or pricing promos. it is a good way to keep people engaged.....great marketing ploy.

6 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Opportunity for UK passengers to earn PUP, but they are going to cost.😱

F7E375CA-264B-4DEC-BAE2-EDAB60B66114.png

E670F404-1464-43A7-87EC-DC0E313EE874.png

I'm in UK too and used the link in post 2254. Changed the CC club number to mine and completed the quiz got the congratulation you will be awarded 10 PUP's , so we'll see if we get 1 Club point next month. 

3 hours ago, highway180 said:

Honestly, i do not believe you are missing out on much. The only time i wish to hear from Celebrity is when it's time to "check in" or pricing promos. it is a good way to keep people engaged.....great marketing ploy.

It was the easy point that I missed, not the texts. Maybe Celebrity has a cut rate text plan that doesn't allow for sending out of the US. 😊 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

It was the easy point that I missed, not the texts. Maybe Celebrity has a cut rate text plan that doesn't allow for sending out of the US. 😊 

Their marketing emails certainly find me LOL, though the PUP emails seem to be a challenge since I got the first two they ever sent out and have never received them (in my email box) since.  My travel buddy gets them every time and usually with my name and Captain Club no on them... too funny.  And before anyone suggests, yes I reached out to them about it and they said all fixed up so I was hopeful (silly me), well you can guess how that went as I still have to get them forwarded to me.  It's like having my own personal admin clerk to manage my email 📬.

Edited by poffles
  • Haha 1

Well this is a first. I can read the email information on St. Martin and Greece, but I can't access the Quiz. I keep getting this:

A request validation error has occurred!

A potentially dangerous Request.Cookies value was detected from the client (Persist_Dest_Code="...satlantic <br />Shore Excursio...").

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Well this is a first. I can read the email information on St. Martin and Greece, but I can't access the Quiz. I keep getting this:

A request validation error has occurred!

A potentially dangerous Request.Cookies value was detected from the client (Persist_Dest_Code="...satlantic <br />Shore Excursio...").

Oh-oh! Now you've gone and broken their IT platform. Shame on you! 😡

• Haha 2

Got 10 points also.  Now only 2300 till Zenith!  Have a December cruise booked that if it sails, we will earn double Captain's Club points.  That will put us at 2250!  I think I can see Zenith CC level on the horizon. 😀

I am appreciative of Celebrity for make opportunities available to move up or at least get closer to the next level.  

• Like 1