Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

10 hours ago, hvbaskey said:

I received the 30 PUP (3 captains club) points - exactly what I was expecting 🌻 for August activities that I participated in (Happy Hour and a Survey).  Getting closer!!!

H.

1119835061_ScreenShot2020-09-14at8_40_51PM.png.31e7d544eadd5ae2a2b44616e23afa9b.png

So close.. every point counts!!!!!   I think we are about 129 away but still going for every point as one day it will put us over the top!

I haven't been paying attention to which activities I've done.  I know I haven't done any of the social media, so probably just surveys/polls.  I haven't yet sailed X (am booked for a March 2021 Infinity sailing), but I already have FIVE club points!  Woot!!

I'm most excited about the One complimentary scoop of Gelato and Earn Double Club Points when traveling solo. 

With the double points for my solo inside cabin, after the cruise I'll only need another 125 points to get to Classic. 🤣

3 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

I haven't been paying attention to which activities I've done.  I know I haven't done any of the social media, so probably just surveys/polls.  I haven't yet sailed X (am booked for a March 2021 Infinity sailing), but I already have FIVE club points!  Woot!!

I'm most excited about the One complimentary scoop of Gelato and Earn Double Club Points when traveling solo. 

With the double points for my solo inside cabin, after the cruise I'll only need another 125 points to get to Classic. 🤣

Welcome! I think you'll love Celebrity.

While the gelato is okay, and fine for a "free" scoop, the ice cream in the buffet is very good, and it's included in your cruise fare. Be sure to try some. 

I was sort of joking about the gelato, but, hey, I'll take it!  Had some very, very good gelato on MSC Divina (that wasn't supposed to be included in my drink package but I was never charged for it, so maybe that's why it tasted SO good).  Two subsequent sailings on MSC Armonia, which only has a limited offering by the pool, but I managed to have it several times each week.

I'm not much for sweets, but ice cream is definite weakness of mine.  Not like I need any extra calories when I cruise but at least I take the stairs.  Gotta work them off at least a little! 

• Like 1

Just a heads up to anyone who did the Social Media Power up on August 12th and used Twitter to put your pic and hashtag etc.  As per Celebrity's instructions it said to put  @celebritycruises  but that only works for facebook and instagram.  Apparently  there is no "s" at the end of @celebritycruises  for twitter.  So if you put @celebritycruises  with the s on the end you probably didn't get your 2 points.   You will have to call and explain that it was in their instructions to put it with the S and they will send it to the person reviewing them and hopefully they will still award you your 2 points in roughly 2 weeks.

I will definitely be following up since I am now at 296 points, those 2 missing points puts me at 298 and last weeks PUP with the ports/questions/answers should give me 2 more points putting me at 300 and ELITE.   YAY.  So for me its worth following up.  Just and FYI the agent said she did not see them stopping this program yet.

Edited by doodlefan
  • Like 1

My husband, myself and my son all posted using twitter and did not put @celebritycruises but posted it as @celebritycruise. (No s) and we didn’t receive our 2 points either.We also completed the 1 point activity in August and we each did receive that point. 

I’m calling now.

I thought the last activity was fun. 😄  And think Celebrity accomplished what they intended ...... though we have been to Greece and Italy, not the ports in the trivia ..... peaked our interest and just may book a cruise with these ports included ...  I enjoyed reading about ports really weren’t aware of.  

• Like 1

FYI .... my points have posted correctly but not transferring to DH.  Just called Captains Club and was told that this is a new program and they are aware of issues and points not transferring over.  There is an email address you can send to providing activities you participated in and they will look into it.  But if CC accounts are linked both should receive the points (so only one needs to do them) and if not to wait awhile and then they can copy them over.  

• Like 1

Just received the new "opportunity". Book an Alaska cruise and receive 10 points.

Now let me think - book a trip, the trip gets cancelled due to the virus still causing havoc, you then wait months to get your refund. All for 10 points - not likely.

• Like 3

I didnt get the first emails so complained and was then sent the emails and got 4 captains club points added to my account, then I stopped getting the emails that everyone was posting about so complained again , got a email saying that due to my complaints about not getting the emails I would no longer be in the power up promotion or future promotions!

So they are going to stop sending me the emails that I already dont get!

The UK office lets down the wonderfull crew on the ships.

As a solo traveller i dont get my double points for solo cruising and paying double unless I complain, I keep missing out on promotion emails so rightly complain but rather than fix the problems they just remove me from receiving any future emails and refuse to reply to any future emails to them.

So if you ever have a complaint dont expect much from the uk office.

4 hours ago, gerelmx said:

All reservations in 2021 and 2022 should be given the PUPs, regardless of when they were made.

Received the new PUP offer today. We booked the required Alaska/Rockies Glacier cruise tour back in May when we became convinced the same trip for September, 2020 would not take place. The fine print on the PUP email says "new booking,"which is not going to happen at the current prices. However, I am going to put in our reservation number and apply for the PUP. Nothing ventured/nothing gained. We are currently 65 points short of elite plus and hope to be there after our next two cruises with one more PUP. 

Edited by Glendakayself

6 hours ago, Alaska_addict said:

I didnt get the first emails so complained and was then sent the emails and got 4 captains club points added to my account, then I stopped getting the emails that everyone was posting about so complained again , got a email saying that due to my complaints about not getting the emails I would no longer be in the power up promotion or future promotions!

As a solo traveller i dont get my double points for solo cruising and paying double unless I complain, I keep missing out on promotion emails so rightly complain but rather than fix the problems they just remove me from receiving any future emails and refuse to reply to any future emails to them.

I'd sure love to see that complaint email you sent, must have been severe for them to take that kind of action. 🤬

I emailed the Captain's Club help desk this morning explaining why I believe I received one less CC point based on my August PUP activity than I expected.  Within 3 hours I had a reply!  While it was a little generic, I could tell it was still addressing my particular situation and was written in response to my individual email.  It basically said points can come anytime, not all together and the rep would "keep an eye" on my account and if another point doesn't show up by Saturday he'll take some additional steps.

I was pleasantly surprised by the quick response, but I doubt my point missing from an early August activity is going to show up this late in September, so we'll see what "additional steps" get taken.

On 9/16/2020 at 10:52 AM, Glendakayself said:

Received the new PUP offer today. We booked the required Alaska/Rockies Glacier cruise tour back in May when we became convinced the same trip for September, 2020 would not take place. The fine print on the PUP email says "new booking,"which is not going to happen at the current prices. However, I am going to put in our reservation number and apply for the PUP. Nothing ventured/nothing gained. We are currently 65 points short of elite plus and hope to be there after our next two cruises with one more PUP. 

My wife and I are now 41 points away from elite plus.  Hope to make six more points before my next Celebrity cruise in June 2021 so the I make elite plus on that cruise.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2020 at 12:46 PM, Alaska_addict said:

I have always had quick feedback by complaining on Celebrity FB site.

Once, after a recent cruise, my C.C points points were wiped, rather than added to.

I rang Celebrity UK, who said it would take about 10 days for points to be added to my account. My complaint was that the  points on the account had been wiped, but I had had a promotional e mail stating I was Elite. My complaint on FB was responded to by a phone call from Miami within the hour. She said she could see my points, but I couldn’t, because my D.O.B was input incorrectly (UK format, rather than U.S format). That was adjusted and my correct points appeared on line again.

Edited by upwarduk

On 9/16/2020 at 7:46 AM, Alaska_addict said:

If you complain one more time, they will start taking away points. 😉

7 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

HOW on earth do you sign up for this?

I have looked at the webpage and don't see how to "join" it and have clicked/looked/added email and even checked settings

Is this for only certain  CC levels?

Is it only for people who have upcoming bookings?  I am not getting emails, but I do not have an upcoming booking.  I do get what seems like 1000 other promotional emails from Celebrity.

1 minute ago, Barry ATL said:

Is it only for people who have upcoming bookings?  I am not getting emails, but I do not have an upcoming booking.  I do get what seems like 1000 other promotional emails from Celebrity.

IDK...we had a booking for this year--2 actually...and have never gotten the emails etc

The TA for Aug was cancelled. We did lift/shift for one later this fall.

So even with 2 bookings- nothing

@Fogfog @Barry ATL

**Power Up Points can be earned by eligible members in the US, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand for various non-sailing activities such as taking surveys, participating in social media activities and making bookings. Opportunities to earn Power Up Points are emailed to eligible members by Celebrity Cruises from time to time. Power Up Points convert to Club points at a ratio of 10 Power Up Points to 1 Club Point. All Power Up Points earned in a calendar month are converted to Club Points and added to a participating member’s Club Point balance within 14 days of month’s end. Club Points converted from Power Up Points in a given month will be rounded up to the nearest whole Club Point. All terms and conditions of a Power Up Points activity must be met to be eligible to receive the associated Power Up Points. Eligible members may participate once per activity. The processing of personal information related to Power Up Points activities is subject to our Privacy Policy available here: https://www.celebritycruises.com/privacy-policy and our Social Media Fan Page Notice available here: https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/social . Certain Power Up Points activities may be construed as financial incentive(s) under the California Consumer Privacy Act. You may opt in/out by your participation in any Power Up Point activity. Club Points converted from Power Up Points are subject to all terms and conditions of the Captains Club program. Power Up Points and Captains Club program terms and conditions are subject to change at any point without prior notice.

Edited by gerelmx

i think this is a great game for those of you who are just a few points away from another tier.  I did not participate in the social media ones.  I loved the ports one and I wish they would do more of these.  It's wonderful to learn about new ports and may be an incentive for some to book a cruise going there.  Like many, these extra few points will not benefit me as I will not live long enough to reach Zenith even though I'm well past the required points for Elite +.

Please Celebrity, create another tier.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

i think this is a great game for those of you who are just a few points away from another tier.  I did not participate in the social media ones.  I loved the ports one and I wish they would do more of these.  It's wonderful to learn about new ports and may be an incentive for some to book a cruise going there.  Like many, these extra few points will not benefit me as I will not live long enough to reach Zenith even though I'm well past the required points for Elite +.

Please Celebrity, create another tier.

Social media presents privacy issues - so if thats part of the deal--then clearly these pts here and there - won't matter

Like you--unless we cruise suites only- X only-- we won't see Zenith