Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

5 hours ago, Fogfog said:

TY @gerelmx

Despite being elite and having bookings-- have no clue what makes one "eligible" as we sailed 3 times w X in 2019

On the Celebrity site, click on the 3 lines in the top left corner of the home page. Then click on Captain's Club, then tiers and benefits. Scroll down until you find Power Up Points. There is a place to subscribe to the emails.

I just received an email offering me the opportunity to sign up for a  webinar hosted by LLP and Director of Galapagos Sales Susana Romero to hear about Galapagos sailings.  If I sign up and attend, I'll earn 50 PUPs.  It doesn't say anything about booking a cruise, nor does it say how long it will be, but it does say you need to attend the entire webinar to receive your points.  Normally I share the emails and the links, but this one looked so personal regarding the sign up method and tracking your attendance I'm not going to share the link... sorry.  The event is October 15th at 6:00PM (not sure which time zone however)

Sounds like a lot of the time share offers we all probably get, attend the session and get a discounted room, well this is attend the session and get some points.

Good luck, hope many of you get the email.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, garyl62 said:

Normally I share the emails and the links, but this one looked so personal regarding the sign up method and tracking your attendance I'm not going to share the link... sorry.  The event is October 15th at 6:00PM (not sure which time zone however)

I agree. They did ask us not to share the link.

I am registered.

Oct 15th  3-4 PDT  Pacific Time.

15 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Signup says 1 hr  6-7 pm

Yes, the registration time zone defaults to Eastern (presumably because Celebrity is headquartered in Miami). I did see an option on the registration page to see the time in your own time zone.

Which means, the webinar will be held....

6-7 pm Eastern

5-6 pm Central

4-5 pm Mountain

3-4 pm Pacific 

I'm so glad I saw this!  I had deleted the email without paying much attention, thank goodness I saw these posts before permanently discarding the email.  So, now I'm registered (actually, it's always my husband's name that the email addresses).  I downloaded the GoToWebinar app.  Now...It says "I want to sign in".  I'm assuming that means on the 15th.  What id will I need to sign in on that date?  TIA!

2 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

... What id will I need to sign in on that date?  TIA!

The info and link to click will be in the Confirmation email sent to you after you register. It states:

1. Click the link to join the webinar at the specified time and date:

There will be a big blue Join Webinar button.

Under the button it says:

Note: This link should not be shared with others; it is unique to you.

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, garyl62 said:

I just received an email offering me the opportunity to sign up for a  webinar hosted by LLP and Director of Galapagos Sales Susana Romero to hear about Galapagos sailings.  If I sign up and attend, I'll earn 50 PUPs.  It doesn't say anything about booking a cruise, nor does it say how long it will be, but it does say you need to attend the entire webinar to receive your points.  Normally I share the emails and the links, but this one looked so personal regarding the sign up method and tracking your attendance I'm not going to share the link... sorry.  The event is October 15th at 6:00PM (not sure which time zone however)

Sounds like a lot of the time share offers we all probably get, attend the session and get a discounted room, well this is attend the session and get some points.

Good luck, hope many of you get the email.

Many thanks for your post!  I received this email but trashed it.  Thank goodness it was still in my trash bin!  Thanks to your post, I was able to register!  

Damn, a shame to miss out on 5 rather easy CC points here. As I live in Denmark, I can't receive the PUP mails. I still get the actual points (altough according to the terms this technically shouldn't be possible for me either), but I need the link to the current activity, which in this case doesn't seem to be possible.

5 hours ago, mikkelhansen said:

Damn, a shame to miss out on 5 rather easy CC points here. As I live in Denmark, I can't receive the PUP mails. I still get the actual points (altough according to the terms this technically shouldn't be possible for me either), but I need the link to the current activity, which in this case doesn't seem to be possible.

The consequence of someone sharing the link might possibly be the discontinuation of the PUP activity. Then no more points for anyone, which would be a shame.

It's their program and their rules.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

The consequence of someone sharing the link might possibly be the discontinuation of the PUP activity. Then no more points for anyone, which would be a shame.

It's their program and their rules.

They're not doing it as a charity. If it's achieving their marketing goals then they will continue.

People were saying the same thing about beverage packages. People shared, but they didn't shut down the program. They just changed the conditions, since it's such a massive revenue earner for them. Same here. They're not going to shut it down because someone shared a link.

• Haha 1

Capture.thumb.JPG.42f8a0b86598ad1e54417f23b3efc833.JPG

Terms & Conditions

* Galapagos webinar: Captain’s Club Members receiving this email are eligible to receive 50 Power Up Points when registering for and attending the Loyalty Exclusive Galapagos Presentation taking place on 10/15/20 at 6pm ET. Members must register for the event  by 10/14/20. Space is limited and will be available on a first come first served basis. Power Up Points to be awarded once per eligible member. To qualify, registration must include member’s first name, last name, email address, and correct loyalty ID. Once the registration is complete, the eligible member must attend the entire presentation on 10/15/20. Members who do not attend the entire presentation will not receive Power Up Points. Details used to enter the event on 10/15/20 must match those provided on the registration form in order to receive the Power Up Points. Power Up Points will be converted to Club Points and added to the verified member’s Club Points balance within 14 days after the month’s end.

Note: link to registration was removed

Edited by gerelmx

Today's PUP is available for registration DIRECTLY on the Celebrity website:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/newsletter/exclusive-captains-club-newsletter-september-2020

Some folks received an email invitation but Celebrity seems to be opening this one up to everyone who wants to or is eligible to register via the above link.  I did a google search and found it.  It is probably going to be posted in the Captain's club newsletter for September.  Those go out in email as well.