Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

I was fortunate enough to join 10 minutes before start time, and the worst issues I experienced were choppy audio and a definite video sync lag with the audio. The videos ran fine.

The only time I got an error message was after the webinar ended (about seven minutes past the hour).

I think their WebEx session just wasn't equipped to handle the number of people watching. That said, they should just give the 50 PUPs to anyone who attempted to join the webinar.

21 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Did you both sign up independently (did you get 2 emails with different links for the webinar).   My wife signed up, we got the invite then I changed to my cc number and signed up again, no separate email.   I'm hoping it's like all the other PUP where linked cc number both get the points.  I can't have her with more points than me!

Yes, we both received separate emails, so we both signed up independently. I can’t really speak to linked cc numbers, because so far, we have each received separate emails for each of the Power Up Points offers to date, and we have both received the same points.  As of today, our points are the same.

Randy

Edited by Schmoe38

I have several of the same points as many of you so no reason to repeat them. I had to laugh when LLP explained the thoughts behind the picture of her in her wine room with a cabernet in hand hoping several of us were doing the same thing. Before everything started we took a photo for evidence we attended since we've failed to receive PUP points for other events. Here's to you Lisa!

20201015_170105.jpg

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Schmoe38 said:

Yes, we both received separate emails, so we both signed up independently. I can’t really speak to linked cc numbers, because so far, we have each received separate emails for each of the Power Up Points offers to date, and we have both received the same points.  As of today, our points are the same.

Randy

I agree.  My wife and I have the same point numbers even though we do not both do each item.

1 hour ago, gerelmx said:

I joined the seminar early and just when it was about to start it froze, I had to exit and refresh it like 30 times to enter, I think there were too many people in the audience that the bandwidth was not enough or the application is bad, poor sound quality, delayed videos, etc.

Sit tight gerelmx, you might get 30x the PUPs!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bruin Steve said:

It IS a really different sort of cruise than our typical--no big cities, no great historical or cultural or architectural sites...a LOT of nature...a lot of tortoises, Iguanas, seal lions, birds, etc.  but all intriguing nonetheless.  And, with the small ships, you really get to meet everyone on board...and form tight little groups of friends.  It's really a very social experience.

And, of course, yes, it IS a bit pricey...and would be even more so if we did it on Flora with the Maccu Piccu extension...but, it really is a bucket list item as well, a one of a kind experience, once in a lifetime...okay, maybe twice...

Bruin Steve, I think they should have gotten you to do it.  Thanks for the info from one who has experienced it in real life without static.

I would be afraid of Quito and altitude sickness and then, as you say, it is very expensive.

Edited by TeaBag

Their Galapagos webcast was absolutely and continuously fraught with technical issues.  The audio was choppy and hard to understand throughout, when it worked.  Video glitchy and would sometimes freeze for extended periods.  When the audio did (sort of work), lip sync often off.  They'd ask for a video to start or a picture to advance and that wouldn't happen for some time.

Galapagos is interesting, but the webcast was a bit of a train wreck.  They should give us extra power up points for having to endure it.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Schmoe38 said:

We logged in at 5:45pm. I used an iPad and my wife used an iPhone. Other than the voice delay, which was no big deal, clarity was fine and picture quality was fine during our time on line.

Randy

You beat us to it, David & I signed in at 5:50 & his worked great & mine was terrible.  My IPad is newer than his.  I basically had to watch his as mine kept on cutting out & then froze.

I didn’t have any problems yes audio was crappy for llp but most likely using a built in mic.  The rest no issues.  The delays people experienced are common on webcasts live events.  I had no freezing or other glitches.  People who did was probably more to do with the internet provider there on, lots of usage going on at that point. Very different browsing or watching a movie vs a live stream. I’m in video meetings 4-5 hrs a day and work in tech. Same issues with it.  Plus the size of it also does create other issues. Overall gave me info on the islands and still on bucket list but a bit more than I want to pay currently. .  Few years down road have other places to click off first but think it might be in the 5 year range now.  Overall was a good first run for them but they will learn from it if they do more in future.  Would like to see one from each region.  Ie Alaska , Europe- Mediterranean etc.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, awhfy said:

I likely won’t get the PUP points. The audio was so painful that I had to log out. It’s ok, I’ll likely never reach Zenith!

Melody

I suspect you will get the points. Celebrity had suggested that you needed to be available at the beginning and the end in order to qualify for the points.

Given the issues that were experienced with sound and freezing of screens, it would be a simple call to Captain’s Club if by chance the points don’t show by mid November.

Randy

14 hours ago, Schmoe38 said:

We learned a long time ago that it is important to join these types of presentations early.  Many times, people try logging in close to start time and, as such, it can become frustrating.

We logged in at 5:45pm. I used an iPad and my wife used an iPhone. Other than the voice delay, which was no big deal, clarity was fine and picture quality was fine during our time on line.

Randy

While I think it is good advice to log in early for these types of things just in case, that doesn't necessarily give you a better experience.  We logged in early and still had awful static, at times so bad we could not understand what was being said.  That in addition to the voice delay.  The picture was mostly ok, with some exceptions.  We were on a laptop and also a PC.  

I realize there were a lot of people connected, but this was possibly the most horrendous webinar I have ever been a part of.  Sadly, typical of Celebrity's IT department.  So glad the onboard experience is a million times better🙂

• Like 1

Absolutely agree about an early sign on not guaranteeing a better experience.  We were signing in early in order the avoid the last minute sign on congestion.

The webinar experience we had here was probably more a result of good luck rather than good planning.

Randy

Agree with the tech issues and especially the sound - was very painful to watch was hoping like more of a travel channel show.  Also new power up email today book a spa treatment on upcoming cruise 50 PUP and/or photo package 20 PUP 70PUP for both

7 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Please Celebrity. NO MORE WEBINARS!

It was their very first attempt at this on a massive scale.

Hopefully they will work out the kinks. Perhaps limiting the number of participants would help.

I look forward to seeing more webinars.

• Like 2

Yup...ours was glitchy at best.  It was tough trying to hear most of what Lisa was saying..Susana Romero was so much better to listen to and understand.  We did enjoy the videos.  The Galapagos Islands look amazing.  It looks like a great place to visit and explore.  

3 hours ago, bikerunner said:

I didn’t have any problems yes audio was crappy for llp but most likely using a built in mic.  The rest no issues.  The delays people experienced are common on webcasts live events.  I had no freezing or other glitches.  People who did was probably more to do with the internet provider there on, lots of usage going on at that point. Very different browsing or watching a movie vs a live stream. I’m in video meetings 4-5 hrs a day and work in tech. Same issues with it.  Plus the size of it also does create other issues. Overall gave me info on the islands and still on bucket list but a bit more than I want to pay currently. .  Few years down road have other places to click off first but think it might be in the 5 year range now.  Overall was a good first run for them but they will learn from it if they do more in future.  Would like to see one from each region.  Ie Alaska , Europe- Mediterranean etc.  

if they get the bugs out, I also would like to see one from each region.

We enjoyed the webinar and as I am on webex meetings daily, can understand the tech issues.  There were “thousands” of us that signed on and that’s a tech nightmare.   Considering the amount of us who did sign on, I’m amazed that it worked so well.

My video was ahead in time than DH’s video, so while he was waiting, I was finishing.

I hope they do more of these.   I had goose pimples thinking of sailing again!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, C-Dragons said:

It was their very first attempt at this on a massive scale.

Hopefully they will work out the kinks. Perhaps limiting the number of participants would help.

I look forward to seeing more webinars.

I'd like to see this offered in UK we weren't given the option and the PuP points are nice 

• Like 1