Cruise Critic Community
ryndam

Crystal Society Survey (via email)

5 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

There isn’t unfortunately - and interestingly there are no questions relating to the Cancellation options - an opportunity missed 

I’d be keen to see them relax their cancellation provisions for 2021 cruises - after all it seems that anything in 2020 is pretty much toast 

There is an opportunity to rank a refund option as part of Question #12. I've cut-and-pasted below. 

12. How important are the factors listed when considering taking your next cruise? 
Please rank the following factors in order of importance with 1 being Not Important to 9 being Most Important.  
Only one selection per ranking and you must rank each statement listed.

A vaccine for Covid-19 becomes widely available

A full cruise fare refund available a week prior to departure

Very attractive promotions and discounts

News that the Covid-19 virus is contained

Instant Covid-19 testing for everyone

Upgraded air filtration system/s on ship/s

Detailed information on new health and safety protocols

Stay-at-home orders lifted in your state/country of residence

Onboard social distancing protocols

3 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

But what does annoy me is how after submitting the survey you get this screen (I assume others did as well?) - certainly fills you with confidence that your response has been received! - whatever happened to people testing their work?

Maybe Crystal rehired some of the folks behind the Flying Fjord Woman version of their website??

Odd. Every time I get an email from Crystal, she's just telling me about the, ahem, wonderful things she's going to do for me.

Sorry, I'll show myself out.

I didn't read the question 12 correctly either and it wouldn't let me submit.  It wasn't the best worded survey but I do appreciate that it was put out.  I'll try again.

~Nancy

9 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

As I've written several times, I dropped off Crystal's email list and have had zero luck in getting reinstated. Oh, well.

Patty

Me too and despite emailing them and receiving responses from 3 different departments/people, guess what?  I didn't receive it either!!!!   I guess they just don't want us to go back again!!!! 😀

Anne...

Had my invitation during the early hours of this morning.

No problems with completing the survey.

Agree could have been better thought out anyhow it’s a move in the right direction.

16 hours ago, nancygp said:

Made several attempts to complete the survey.  I’m having issues, completing question 12.  It won’t allow to complete each item.  Anyone else having this problem?

Nancy

YES. Same issue with #12.  Crystal needs to fix this and reissue the survey.  After 8 attempts to complete the survey, I finally gave up. What happens:  you complete the survey, click "Submit" and an error message comes up that you must answer each part of #12.  You go back, make sure each section is ranked, and get the same error message because one or two answers to #12 have now been dropped again.

The failure with Q12 was not emphasizing that this was a RELATIVE ranking, not just an opinion of importance.  Also, they could have said "Least important" rather than "Not Important" to both emphasize the ranking aspect and to match up with "Most Important".  Further, the use of 1 as the least is counter-intuitive to general ranking, where folks tends to say "my number one reason is...."

Still haven't gotten mine.  Mom still likes you best.

I received my survey and completed it and submitted it.  My husband has not gotten one, but maybe Crystal has heard him emphatically state that "unless Crystal brings a river ship over to the Mississippi, he is DONE!"  Crystal knows I will be back when I can.

I breezed right through #12 because I'm a nerd CPA who has been interpreting the SBA's PPP language for several months now :)

Cindy

My only problem was that I didn't read # 8, I think it was, correctly and checked more that 3 destinations because I want to cruise!  So, I had to go back and narrow my choices which is always difficult.  Julia

1 hour ago, FlyerTalker said:

Further, the use of 1 as the least is counter-intuitive to general ranking, where folks tends to say "my number one reason is...."

Completely agree.  I initially gave my most important factor a #1 ranking.  Good thing I reread the instructions and adjusted all my rankings before finishing Q12.

4 hours ago, MightyQuinn said:

Completely agree.  I initially gave my most important factor a #1 ranking.  Good thing I reread the instructions and adjusted all my rankings before finishing Q12.

I bet they get a lot of reversed answers.  If anyone from Crystal is reading this, they might just want to disregard that question due to the answer structure (unless they have "check questions" in other parts of the survey).

7 hours ago, Old Sea Dog said:

Agree could have been better thought out anyhow it’s a move in the right direction.

I agree on both counts. Any on-line survey I’ve done has had problems. 

I agree there’s a missed opportunity on asking about cancellation and refund policies more forthrightly. 

I got Q12 without issues but I’ve seen those forced ranking questions before. 

Posted (edited)
On 6/11/2020 at 6:28 AM, Stickman1990 said:

But what does annoy me is how after submitting the survey you get this screen (I assume others did as well?) - certainly fills you with confidence that your response has been received! - whatever happened to people testing their work?

BC365FE1-49F8-4947-8399-2D5B428C8CEA.thumb.jpeg.082e6648a7f6c2f697d1669f3c9072bf.jpeg

This is likely a geographic thing - I got the same screen when I submitted the survey...  Had no problems with Q12 though.

Beth

Edited by bronbeth

From what I've read on this thread it seems that Celebrity sent the same sort of survey. Celebrity gave a few extra loyalty points if you answered. DW received the Celebrity survey, but I didn't. Neither of us received the Crystal survey.

I suspect it’s more than just being on their email list, I have a feeling they had a targeted list they sent it to.  I get three emails a day from Crystal on different addresses and I didn’t get a single survey.  I’m pretty sure Crystal is tired of hearing what I think, between here and email.  Hehe

Vince

On 6/11/2020 at 3:40 PM, brlight said:

YES. Same issue with #12.  Crystal needs to fix this and reissue the survey.  After 8 attempts to complete the survey, I finally gave up. What happens:  you complete the survey, click "Submit" and an error message comes up that you must answer each part of #12.  You go back, make sure each section is ranked, and get the same error message because one or two answers to #12 have now been dropped again.

I had the exact same issue and gave up

9 hours ago, BWIVince said:

I’m pretty sure Crystal is tired of hearing what I think, between here and email.  Hehe

Vince

Then why did I get one??😁 Oddly enough my Better Half did not get one.

Larry

On 6/10/2020 at 2:37 PM, nancygp said:

Made several attempts to complete the survey.  I’m having issues, completing question 12.  It won’t allow to complete each item.  Anyone else having this problem?

Nancy

Yup, same problem, Nancy.

I was trying to complete it on my phone. Was thinking of trying on an iPad or PC. What were you using?

And I’ve received similar surveys from a variety of travel-related suppliers.

Yep - it hit my SPAM folder 3 days ago. I did it on my Android phone, was easy peasy - just pick a different number 1-9 for each of the 9 items in question 12.

If anyone did not see it yet, it may well have landed in your Spam folder! You're in the club. Not to worry, fellow sailors.

10 hours ago, BEAV said:

Yup, same problem, Nancy.

I was trying to complete it on my phone. Was thinking of trying on an iPad or PC. What were you using?

And I’ve received similar surveys from a variety of travel-related suppliers.

hi Brian,

I had the issue on my iPad and PC!!!

nancy

I have confirmed with Crystal Cruises the e-mail was designated to go to all Crystal Society Members who are signed up to receive e-mails.  Now I know some of you are signed up and don't get e-mails are some of you are signed up and get e-mails but not this one but just wanted to share this so you know it didn't go to some people based on some other criteria.  For some it may have ended up in a spam folder and for others there might have been some IP issue.  Or it could be some other issue.

I think we all have situations where we sent an e-mail to someone and they said they didn't get it or we have been on the receiver end when that has happened so for those who do get the Crystal e-mails and didn't get this one it likely is one of the issues I've mentioned.

I am glad they did do a survey.  Other than the post cruise survey I think this is one of the only times I've seen Crystal do this.

While one of the questions was confusing I don't know about you but on occasion I've done a survey for an airline or a hotel and some (not all but some) take a very long time to complete.  If my memory is still working I believe when I've gotten surveys from British Airways that some have taken me 20 minutes to complete.  While they tell you up-front it's going to be a long one to me that is just way too much time unless they say we will give you a discount on your next flight for completing such along survey.

Keith

Posted (edited)

Keith, What email address would Crystal like those of us who did not get a survey but would like one write to, to request the survey?

Edited by TER777

7 minutes ago, TER777 said:

Keith, What email address would Crystal like those of us who did not get a survey but would like one write to, to request the survey?

Traicie, if you are other are getting the regular Crystal e-mails I wouldn't change your e-mail address.  It is possible there was an issue between the e-mail providers when they were sent out.

If anyone would like the survey if you send me a note with your name and from the e-mail address you have on file with Crystal Cruises I can followup and ask them if they can manually send you the survey.  

My e-mail is kesworld AT aol DOT com

In lieu of AT us @ and in lieu of DOT use .

Keith