Regent Reassurance and FCC

BBWC we have a new cruise booked for September 2021. We also use a TA

however I was under the impression that the Regent Reassurance was automatically 

in place. I didn’t think it needed to be requested by my TA. Can someone clarify this for me.

Thank you

By new cruise, do you mean one booked after Regent Reassurance came into effect? I agree in that case it would be automatic. I was referring to cruises booked in 2018 and 2019.

My experience is that if you booked before the announcement of the new deal (May 2020 i believe) then you have to contact your TA or Regent, request the new deal and pay any difference in fare between what you paid and what the current fare price is on your cruise(s). We tried it on both of our cruises that were booked before the new deal came out and in both cases the fare had gone up on our cruises to the extent that it made it financially ridiculous to take advantage of the deal. 

As Marc said they were able to pay a $100 increase in fare on his booked cruise and then get the 1000 OBC and Regent reassurance. 

Edited by 1982CruzStart

BBWC and 1982 CruzStart,

Thank you for both replies. We actually put our deposit for a September

2021 cruise on Splendor after the Regent Reassurance was put in place.

I guess then that we are covered without needing our TA to request it.

Now, just keeping fingers and toes crossed that by September 

of next year things will be much better and we can take this trip.

11 minutes ago, snorkle lover said:

Now, just keeping fingers and toes crossed that by September 

of next year things will be much better and we can take this trip.

We also have one booked for September 2021 and like you remain hopeful that the ships will be sailing and we are able to go. 

40 minutes ago, 1982CruzStart said:

My experience is that if you booked before the announcement of the new deal (May 2020 i believe) then you have to contact your TA or Regent, request the new deal and pay any difference in fare between what you paid and what the current fare price is on your cruise(s). We tried it on both of our cruises that were booked before the new deal came out and in both cases the fare had gone up on our cruises to the extent that it made it financially ridiculous to take advantage of the deal. 

As Marc said they were able to pay a $100 increase in fare on his booked cruise and then get the 1000 OBC and Regent reassurance. 

Yes, that’s how it works. The value of the new deal depends on the difference between what you paid and the current fare for the cruise. In our case it would cost us $800 to get the $1,000 OBC. 

On 7/11/2020 at 1:22 PM, snorkle lover said:

BBWC we have a new cruise booked for September 2021. We also use a TA

however I was under the impression that the Regent Reassurance was automatically 

in place. I didn’t think it needed to be requested by my TA. Can someone clarify this for me.

Thank you

Not necessarily.  This if from the FAQs about Regent Reassurance:

"For reservations made with our Return with Regent offer between May 18 and July 31, 2020 on voyages embarking through December 2022, guests who have paid in full have the option to cancel up to 15* days prior to departure date and receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit.

"For all reservations made before May 18, 2020 on voyages embarking on or before December 31, 2020, guests who have paid in full have the option to cancel up to 48 hours prior to departure date and receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit."

So 2021 bookings would only be covered under "Return to Regent," if you made them after May 18.  If you booked before Return to Regent was announced, your TA would need to go back and add it.  My TA did this with my May 2021 booking, and now the booking confirmation shows (at the bottom of page 3, below the itinerary, on mine) "RETURN WITH REGENT - REGENT REASSURANCE" shipboard credits of $500 per person.  If your booking confirmation has this, you are set.  If not, you need to discuss it with your TA.  It is currently only available to do that until the end of this month unless they extend it.

Edited by SusieQft

Thank you for your detailed explanation Susie of the Regent Reassurance program.

I did go back and I looked at our booking confirmation and just as you said at the bottom

of page 3 it does say RETURN WITH REGENT-REGENT REASSURANCE and a $500pp

credit. So, that is a relief! Hoping that your May cruise goes and also ours in September.

Stay well!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I see that the “Return with Regent” offer has been extended to the end of August; but only for certain itineraries (about a third of cruises on sale).

Extract from Regent(UK) website below:

SPECIAL OFFER

RETURN WITH REGENT

Now Extended on 2021 Alaska & Europe Voyages — book by 31 August 2020, and enjoy Regent Reassurance, a Reduced 10% Deposit* Plus US$1,000 Shipboard Credit

flossie - thank you for posting that.  It is interesting that Regent wants to continue the promotion in Alaska and Europe.  We will not be taking advantage of that as we prefer to avoid Europe for a while and have done Alaska too many times but it is great for people that want to sail in those areas.

I was disappointed...we were planning to use our accumulated FCC for the NY to Montreal on the Navigator  September 2, 2021. Reading today's Regent email, this cruise is not part of the "Return to Regent"...bummer.

We don't have any FCC's, but thought I'd pass along this link I received this morning from insuremytrip.com

Insuring Your Travel Voucher
With some travel plans temporarily on pause, many suppliers have offered those with canceled plans a travel voucher in place of a monetary refund.

These vouchers can help soften the blow of a rescheduled vacation, allowing travelers to look forward to taking their trip at a later date when it is safer to do so and not worry about managing the funds when rebooking.

Travel insurance has proved to be important for travelers who want to protect the investment of their trip, particularly in these uncertain times. And many travel insurance providers are now offering "voucher travel insurance" coverage.

https://www.insuremytrip.com/insuring-your-trip/voucher-travel-insurance/

On 8/2/2020 at 8:16 AM, flossie009 said:

I see that the “Return with Regent” offer has been extended to the end of August; but only for certain itineraries (about a third of cruises on sale).

Extract from Regent(UK) website below:

SPECIAL OFFER

RETURN WITH REGENT

Now Extended on 2021 Alaska & Europe Voyages — book by 31 August 2020, and enjoy Regent Reassurance, a Reduced 10% Deposit* Plus US$1,000 Shipboard Credit

Def not all its cracked up to be ....even the 125% FCC on a cancelled 13 night cruise in the med oct 2020 will not touch cost of even a 10 night similar itinery and same category  in may or Sept 2021

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, phillipahain said:

Def not all its cracked up to be ....even the 125% FCC on a cancelled 13 night cruise in the med oct 2020 will not touch cost of even a 10 night similar itinery and same category  in may or Sept 2021

Keep in mind that a good chunk of that price difference is probably the season - October Med cruises are usually less $$/££ than earlier in the season...

Return with Regent

6 hours ago, phillipahain said:

The "Return with Regent" offer is reasonable and offers the customer increased flexibility on certain cruises in 2021.

Whether the 100% refund or 125% FCC offered by Regent for a cancelled 2020 cruise will fully cover the cost of a similar 2021 cruise is a separate issue and depends on a number of factors:

• how long ago the 2020 cruise was booked
  • what "deal" was being offered on the 2020 cruise at time of booking?
  • is an equivalent cruise available in 2021?
  • Regent's pricing of cruises for 2021 (which will include their forecast of supplier costs, including airfares)

If Regent's pricing for suitable cruises in 2021 does not suit then the option is there to take a full refund for the cancelled 2020 cruise and shop around.

It is good that we all have choices. 

• Like 2

Yes theres an equivalent cruise in Oct 2021 but its more expensive than the equivalent cruise in May or Sept we are looking at 

I am not aware there was any special deal on the cancelled cruise and it was booked in the summer 

As all pricing is cruise only i compare eggs with eggs .....flights are down to me 

Yes i prefer to cruise these days for a variety of reasons and prefer Regent ....had my fill of timeshares, self catering etc and hotels