NCL announcement Friday

5 hours ago, pickle11 said:

What is limited?    

Similar to what Carnival is going to do if they get the CDC's approval.  At this point they are tentatively starting up with a limited amount of ships (8) out of MIA, PC and Galveston during August.  If all goes well, then expansion.  It's the prudent thing to do.  

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

Similar to what Carnival is going to do if they get the CDC's approval.  At this point they are tentatively starting up with a limited amount of ships (8) out of MIA, PC and Galveston during August.  If all goes well, then expansion.  It's the prudent thing to do.  

Carnival isn't sailing.     

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, pickle11 said:

What is limited?    And when you mean white house do you mean Trump?

Well being the President he does live and work there, but I took WH to mean the White House in the sense of an agency or administration. However I don't think such intervention is likely, especially in an election year. Agree or disagree the CDC does hold the cards, and if an elected official went against the CDC and gets it right nobody will notice, but get it wrong and the election is lost. Doesn't matter who the candidate or party is at that point. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, seaman11 said:

well im not talking all over the world , but at ;least florida/texas ports to the caribbean destinations that announced they would be welcoming ships back when they are ready.  

4 hours ago, AdoraBelle said:

Cases are spiking everywhere, record number of new cases in Florida.

virus didn’t just go away. 😕

Texas and Florida are both having some increase in cases right now, although at least in Texas it seems to be due to an increase in testing, with a decrease in the rate of positive tests. Of course people are arguing about what the raw numbers actually mean. I think what they will mean to cruising is even if the ports open, people may be afraid to go to those ports. 

*** Tried to do this as editing my first post but it made two separate posts. 

4 hours ago, AdoraBelle said:

Yup, Arizona too. With the loosening of restrictions look for more spikes. People with high risk factors may not be so eager to book, which is a high percentage of cruisers, including myself. With 44 cruises under my belt I would like very much to go on a cruise. But not for a while, until the whole situation settles down. So we are taking land-based vacations. There is a lot to see in America

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, joeyancho said:

Yup, Arizona too. With the loosening of restrictions look for more spikes. People with high risk factors may not be so eager to book, which is a high percentage of cruisers, including myself. 

Yes, it looks like no cruises out of Arizona.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Who wants to take the first limited cruises?  That first time waiting in line for embarkation to get your key card.   The bars on embarkation day with the drink package.  How will the elevator wait times work at half capacity?   Anytime dining?  The line at the restaurant with a reservation?  Will there be a show?  Chair hogs.  Day care for children.  Oh yeah and how about the 1/2 hour life boat drill.  Arm to arm with face masks and gloves?   Blow out sales from the gift shop.  Jewelry drawings.  Basket weaving.  BINGO.

Sure sounds like a cruising experience of a lifetime.✌️

• Like 2

Strange/coincidental that the cruiselines meeting with the CDC yesterday and now August bookings are being taking off webs.

They might not be as close as some think, or the CDC said they are not recinding the July 24/25 no sail order. Being it will be about 3-4 weeks to get ships ready to sail , the timeline would be late August.

Looking more and more like late 3rd Q early 4th Q ,as has been reported by one of the CEO's, is likely.

Does anyone know why NCL has not cancelled their September and October Canada cruises since the Canadian ban is extended until October 31st?  It seems like every other cruise line cancelled except NCL.  In fact, NCL is still selling space on those sailings!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, frg0215 said:

Does anyone know why NCL has not cancelled their September and October Canada cruises since the Canadian ban is extended until October 31st?  It seems like every other cruise line cancelled except NCL.  In fact, NCL is still selling space on those sailings!

because NCL is broke and wants to hold onto your money as long as they can.

I am booked on a September Canada cruise and i noticed last night when i try to do a mock booking, all staterooms is sold out

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AdoraBelle said:

I believe the numbers are up because there is more testing. I pass a quick medical center that is doing drive thru testing and there is alway a line down the street. Yes, the virus will be with us just like the Spanish flu, but life continues.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Diver2014 said:

My opinion just like you saying your opinion about canceling until next spring.  Cruise lines as businesses will be back in business the first moment they get the go ahead.......presumably August to start with.

I believe you are confused, I did not say anything about canceling anything here.

I was wondering if you had some concrete evidence or are another keyboard expert without credible evidence.

You did not say it was your opinion and it was not clear what you were talking about specifically.

No need to be defensive about someone asking you a question that has no bad intent.

10 hours ago, shof515 said:

My September booking on the Encore shows the same thing. If i click on the make payment button, i get a uh-oh error message

Which September Encore sailing are you on?  I am September 17th the 4 day to Bermuda.  

16 minutes ago, Cruisercl said:

I believe you are confused, I did not say anything about canceling anything here.

I noticed last night that Diver mistakenly thought you were the one who posted this:

“I expect them to announce that all cruises through the end of October are canceled, though they  may do it in small steps. Eventually I expect them to cancel everything until next spring.”

4 minutes ago, shof515 said:

September 8, the 9 day Canada/New England cruise. the cruise before yours

So far on mine I do not get an error message, you can still book, and we can still make our payment.  I will keep checking.  Our final payment is due on the 19th, so I have a week.