NCL announcement Friday

7 minutes ago, BSR said:

Where are you seeing this?  My August cruise hasn't been cancelled yet.

do a mock booking. if the the cabin category is sold out for all category then that is a clue that the cruise is being canceled or changed

6 minutes ago, BSR said:

Where are you seeing this?  My August cruise hasn't been cancelled yet.

None can be booked they are blocked out on NCL plus the memo I posted on post #36 show relaunch of a few ships beginning end of September.

5 minutes ago, shof515 said:

do a mock booking. if the the cabin category is sold out for all category then that is a clue that the cruise is being canceled or changed

I was looking for the official NCL notification.

46 minutes ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

August cruises are cancelled now

are you basing this off other august sailings cancelled?  where did you hear all? 

i did a mock for carnival august cruises and they are still bookable. 

Just now, ISLABONITA said:

I am basing it on trying to book, and the memo I posted from an NCL employee showing which ships will begin sailing and when, starting late Sept.

carnival is still bookable i just tried.  lets see ,could be true but , many are jumping to conclusions. 

1 minute ago, seaman11 said:

carnival is still bookable i just tried.  lets see ,could be true but , many are jumping to conclusions. 

The only NCL cruise now displaying on the NCL website for August is on the Encore August 23 from NY to Bermuda but even that cruise is listed as "sold out" in all categories. Everything else has been wiped off their website.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

Carnival isn't sailing.     

Re read my posting.  I did not emphatically state that Carnival was in fact sailing only that they had a tentative plan to start with 8 ships out of 3 ports in August and of course it is all predicated on CDC approval.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, beerman2 said:

What is WH?? You referring to World Health Organization (WHO)?

Not sure WHO can override the CDC in this case. I've said it before and I'll repeat whether the CDC is right or wrong, they hold the cards. When both cruiselines and CDC come to an agreement is when sailing will begin. Approx . 3-4 weeks after the agreement.

I just hope the cruise lines and the CDC are TALKING to each other and making some plans.  

15 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

Carnival, RCI and NCL will ALL start cruising the SAME time. It's called competition.

Just because Carnival is still available to book doesn't mean they are sailing Aug 1.

Is it jumping to conclusions or using common sense???  

2 minutes ago, jsn55 said:

I just hope the cruise lines and the CDC are TALKING to each other and making some plans.  

I'm sure there are many conversations going on , what remains to be seen is if the cruiselines are "listening" or trying to push their "ideas" through.

CDC is playing hardball , whether right or wrong, it will be more up to the cruiselines to adapt.  The cruiselines are basically in a no win situation.

18 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

Carnival, RCI and NCL will ALL start cruising the SAME time. It's called competition.

Just because Carnival is still available to book doesn't mean they are sailing Aug 1.

Is it jumping to conclusions or using common sense???  

its jumping to conclusions  since you can still book on other lines.  we dont know yet exactly what the meeting entailed.    Also i wouldnt assume all will have the same start up date. 

28 minutes ago, ISLABONITA said:

I thought this was an NCL thread.. ??

the news of any sailings/ booking  news is relevant to ncl.  could be ncl is restructuring the itineraires or limiting bookings. 

Edited by seaman11

Just now, seaman11 said:

its jumping to conclusions  since you can still book on other lines.  we dont know yet exactly what the meeting entailed.    Also i wouldnt assume all will have the same start up date. 

You can't possibly think 1 cruise lines will let another get the upper hand and sail first. If one goes on XXX date, being you like to gamble, it a safe bet all 3 will go at same time.

4 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

You can't possibly think 1 cruise lines will let another get the upper hand and sail first. If one goes on XXX date, being you like to gamble, it a safe bet all 3 will go at same time.

yes i think its possible that not all start on the same exact date,There are other issues to consider as well. such as staff and ship readiness.   i do think that they would try to but may be a few weeks behind . 

5 hours ago, tw67 said:

So far on mine I do not get an error message, you can still book, and we can still make our payment.  I will keep checking.  Our final payment is due on the 19th, so I have a week.

DH just checked Encore. We're on the same cruise on the 8th. Encore shows Bermuda cruises now but no Canadian cruises.

6 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

I don't know if I totally agree with that.

If Cruise Company X says we will begin sailing on a specific date, and Cruise Line Y CEO and the board (and most importantly, the legal team) says "that may not be too wise" I can guarantee that Cruise Line Y will not sail.   Potential liability (and the irreparable damage a sailing with a major breakout would cause) FAR outweighs some revenue $$$.  Especially since these initial sailings very likely may be loss leaders. 

4 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

yes i think its possible that not all start on the same exact date,There are other issues to consider as well. such as staff and ship readiness.   i do think that they would try to but may be a few weeks behind . 

Sure anything is possible , however we are talking $$$$$$$$ here. And the possibility that those that want to cruise NOW would switch lines just to be sailing.

1 minute ago, beerman2 said:

Sure anything is possible , however we are talking $$$$$$$$ here. And the possibility that those that want to cruise NOW would switch lines just to be sailing.

well I agree with this.  as i said they would try to , i didnt like ncls stance even a few months ago , seemed like they gave up.  

im just saying lets not assume all cruises are cancelled in aug because ncls is not bookable atm.  however that could be true, we dont know yet. 

3 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

I don't know if I totally agree with that.

If Cruise Company X says we will begin sailing on a specific date, and Cruise Line Y CEO and the board (and most importantly, the legal team) says "that may not be too wise" I can guarantee that Cruise Line Y will not sail.   Potential liability (and the irreparable damage a sailing with a major breakout would cause) FAR outweighs some revenue $$$.  Especially since these initial sailings very likely may be loss leaders. 

Don't you think the CEO's and their "legal teams" aren't all listening to the same CDC conversations?  Is 1 line going to gamble (sail first) and take that hit if something goes amiss and be shut down longer?

With what's happening it's more likely all 3 will be in tune with CDC and each other.