NCL announcement Friday

3 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Me. If i am right then you will know in the future. If I am wrong, I will go away.

You are surely entitled to speculate however it is misleading to post this as if it is a confirmed fact.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beerman2 said:

I'm sure there are many conversations going on , what remains to be seen is if the cruiselines are "listening" or trying to push their "ideas" through.

CDC is playing hardball , whether right or wrong, it will be more up to the cruiselines to adapt.  The cruiselines are basically in a no win situation.

So true.  I hope there are strong moderators so progress is made.  We all need our lives back.  I find it interesting that these kinds of decisions are made by people who have been receiving a regular paycheck and will continue to do so.  They seem to have little regard for the families who can't feed their children.  

44 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

You are surely entitled to speculate however it is misleading to post this as if it is a confirmed fact. 

I don't think he did post it as a confirmed sourced fact did he? It has been apparent for quite some time that cruises are not going to start again anytime soon. You only have to look at the large rises in COVID-19 cases in many of the States that re-opened to get a glimmer of what is coming.

12 minutes ago, pmd98052 said:

I don't think he did post it as a confirmed sourced fact did he? It has been apparent for quite some time that cruises are not going to start again anytime soon. You only have to look at the large rises in COVID-19 cases in many of the States that re-opened to get a glimmer of what is coming.

well there is a difference between saying you think all aug cruises will be canceled next week , and saying all aug cruises will be canceled next week.  

however it could be the case.  i left some states opened up a few weeks too soon. some caved to the protesting imo. i hope this didnt set us all back. 

Edited by seaman11

11 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

well there is a difference between saying you think all aug cruises will be canceled next week , and saying all aug cruises will be canceled next week. 

How do you explain that every August cruise save one  no longer even appears on NCL's website...and even the one that still shows can't actually be booked?

Those cruises were there and available to be booked a day or two ago.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows."

Edited by njhorseman

8 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

How do you explain that every August cruise save one  no longer even appears on NCL's website...and even the one that still shows can't actually be booked?

Those cruises were there and available to be booked a day or two ago.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows."

Well i agree it doesn't look good. but shouldn't we wait for an official announcement. Because other lines are still bookable for aug on select sailings . Ncl could be rearranging the itineraries or blocking rooms out for compliance of limiting pax onboard. 

2 hours ago, seaman11 said:

i left some states opened up a few weeks too soon. some caved to the protesting imo. i hope this didnt set us all back. 

There is never a right time to open unless the infection rate is zero. Right now there are still 10,000 new cases every day in the United States with 1000 deaths every day.  Every single day. 

13 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

There is never a right time to open unless the infection rate is zero. Right now there are still 10,000 new cases every day in the United States with 1000 deaths every day.  Every single day. 

Unfortunately i think that isnt realistic and would destroy the economy , waiting till 0 cases .  However i do think it was a little early.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

How do you ever feel comfortable leaving your domicile?  Just asking because there are many dangers lurking.

We do not have zero rate of a whole list of Infectious diseases.  

Edited by logan25
  • Like 4

53 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

Unfortunately i think that isnt realistic and would destroy the economy , waiting till 0 cases .  However i do think it was a little early.  

Hallelujah " However I do think it was a little early." It's not like many have been stating that for the last month or do.

Seaman11 it's OK to be realistic as mostly us  have been, we are not Debbie Downers, Fear Mongers , just see things differently. 

We all wish you well and know your desire to cruise, but you can't deny the facts presented or the patterns the cruise lines are using for cancellations.

Edited by beerman2
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, beerman2 said:

Hallelujah " However I do think it was a little early." It's not like many have been stating that for the last month or do.

Seaman11 it's OK to be realistic as mostly us  have been, we are not Debbie Downers, Fear Mongers , just see things differently. 

We all wish you well and know your desire to cruise, but you can't deny the facts presented or the patterns the cruise lines are using for cancellations.

I agree dont think i wanted states to rush to open. . The only thing is ncl has not been the first of the 3 to cancel cruises. Actually quite the opposite. So that leaves it open that they may be restructuring august cruises.  They are normally last to act. 

While this is an NCL thread, this is first hand knowledge from my MSC booking. 

Few weeks back, right before Canada closed it ports... 2 days before I wanted to upgrade my room. On their website it showed rooms available in a higher category however when I called the customer service person, they said that it was showing all rooms on the ship as being sold out. She noted that it was odd since none of their cruises were sold out. But nonetheless, couldn’t upgrade. 

The next day, online when I tried to do a mock booking to see if the upgrade room was still available, when I clicked the part to choose room category I got a message saying this cruise was now sold out (same as you get when trying to book NCL today). 

Next day, MSC cancelled all Canadian cruise’s for fall 2020. 

So again, I know this is NCL topic. And I do not have any concrete proof of NCL canceling cruises thru August. But it is following the exact same model as my MSC booking. So I’m willing to bet tomorrow, or likely Monday, there will be an announcement that all cruises are canceled. 

And like others have said...the longer they wait to announce it, the more final payments need to be made...which gives NCL more interest free loans from customers. 90 day interest free loans if you choose a refund (even if you make final payment today). Or even better for them, open ended interest free loans if you take the 125% FCC for an unknown restart sail date, which will undoubtedly be at a higher cost thus nullifying your extra 25%. 

shady business practices all around by the cruise line industry these days. As someone mentioned, ANYONE giving a cruise line a penny these days until a ship actually sails is out of their mind and/or flush with cash that they don’t care if they don’t get that money back for a long time. 

Seaman you’re foolish if you think any cruise ship is sailing any time soon. Sorry to burst your bubble. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, beerman2 said:

You can't possibly think 1 cruise lines will let another get the upper hand and sail first. If one goes on XXX date, being you like to gamble, it a safe bet all 3 will go at same time.

As long as they have passed all of the CDC guidelines. If they still need to be tweeked by one Co., then they may have to wait a bit longer.

• Like 1

At this time I don’t think the cruise lines know How many people they are going to allow on its ships. What % of total passengers on board.  They may be able to get a higher % of people on some ships and lower on other ships.  Depending on ship layout.

So it’s hard to book with out those numbers.  Those numbers may have a provable From the CCD.  

I’m curious as to what was covered in the meeting because I just saw an article today that said Disney is making some dates in August available now. The cruises will sail out of Florida. Of course that can all change quickly.

Sounds cool, eyes on Florida.  Will they allow everyone and anyone from South Florida to board ?? with cases spiking and hospitalization on an upward trend for counties like Miami-Dade ...   I know, they plan to and will easily sail out from Port Canaveral, and set up checkpoints for anyone coming off I-95 and MCO Airport across to the causeway.  

Florida topped the chart today with newly reported Covid-19 cases and new deaths.  What and how will things look like, another month or two from now, is anybody's guess, but, the shows must go on, people wanted to go out and get back to normal (who doesn't ??)