Anyone booked for later this year

Has anyone taken the plunge and booked a cruise for later this year. And did you use voucher, rebook or a new booking. Just curious as wanting to book for November but holding on a few weeks more to see the outlook.

We are due to go on the 2nd Oct explorer ex corfu. I'm happy to go. However I'm not sure it will go ahead. Big question would be corfu Airport. This will be our 11th time ex corfu and the airport coming home from cruise (even now with refurb) is still carnage. Not sure how you social distance even at one metre at corfu Airport. 

I also forgot to say tui standard holiday start point now pushed back. 

See a post from staff on disc 2 off Isle of Wight awaiting to go home to India. They have been waiting 100 plus days in various places. I hope they all get home soon and more importantly stay safe and well

10 minutes ago, FIFE1 said:

I also forgot to say tui standard holiday start point now pushed back. 

See a post from staff on disc 2 off Isle of Wight awaiting to go home to India. They have been waiting 100 plus days in various places. I hope they all get home soon and more importantly stay safe and well

I’ve seen the ships off the coast for some time now, there was about 7 there yesterday I saw from beach of Hayling.

31 minutes ago, FIFE1 said:

Did you mean Discovery? Discovery 2 is currently in the Med near Malta.

2 minutes ago, oscarshep said:

We're due to sail ex Newcastle to Norway 29th August. Cant see that going ahead. Hopefully hear something soon

Doubtful plus the berth at Newcastle is occupied by P&O Oceana and apparently she will be there until November?

I should have been on Explorer2 ex Newcastle to North Cape now but cancelled before final payment. No Marella cruises booked and as I don't want to fly it looks like I will be looking elsewhere from now on.

10 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Doubtful plus the berth at Newcastle is occupied by P&O Oceana and apparently she will be there until November?

I should have been on Explorer2 ex Newcastle to North Cape now but cancelled before final payment. No Marella cruises booked and as I don't want to fly it looks like I will be looking elsewhere from now on.

What is your date for sailing ?

27 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I should have been on Explorer2 ex Newcastle to North Cape now but cancelled before final payment.

Yes and we should have been with you, we are filling our evening looking back at our DVD, s, remember them, currently upto Caribbean 2010. As a bye the way we also cancelled prior to payment and have been informed that because the cruise did not go ahead, and that we cancelled because of our age restrictions Tui have a legal responsibility to refund the deposit, they are looking into it and have escalated it to management. They have phoned me back twice for info and have promised 🤞to call back again on Monday. Will keep CC updated. 

• Like 1

We have decided to forget 2020 completely - have cruise booked for middle April 2021 - hopefully all back to normal by then. We have already moved two holidays from this year to 2021.

Just terrible times - people say when it is all over we will laugh about it, not sure we will though.

We are booked for 14th Feb 21 and thinking about cancelling as no cruise line has come up with any plan to make their vessels safe yet. We will then try to change to 14 days in Barbados next May if they will let us, or just take the loss on the deposit.

Not sure if Covid or anything can ever be 100% safe. 

I read the follow up on the Madrid to lanzarote flight which turned out two people onboard travelled unwell. Covid but although it was a good few hours flight no additional cases of COVID reported a few weeks later. Who knows. 

Not much in life totally safe, we get into our cars each day not knowing if we will arrive where we are going safely. 

13 minutes ago, Zombatar said:

We are booked for 14th Feb 21 and thinking about cancelling as no cruise line has come up with any plan to make their vessels safe yet. We will then try to change to 14 days in Barbados next May if they will let us, or just take the loss on the deposit.

Hi Zombatar yes you can, got in touch with TUI yesterday  it cost £50 per person to change from a cruise to a land based holiday 

hotels in Barbados have found Sea Breezes and Mango bay both very good, i do hope this is helpful.

Strange how we all have differing thoughts and worries about the situation, personally there is no way you would get me on a plane until there is a vaccine. I would love to cruise again in 2021 but will be looking at a cruise line that sails from the UK.

On 6/11/2020 at 5:11 PM, so,ton saint said:

Have been in touch with TUI and asked about amending my cruise for a land based holiday or a cruise closer to home, the answer was by all means, but it will cost £50 each amendment fee,  yep more than

4 minutes ago, dronnygirl said:

Strange how we all have differing thoughts and worries about the situation, personally there is no way you would get me on a plane until there is a vaccine. I would love to cruise again in 2021 but will be looking at a cruise line that sails from the UK.

I agree we all see this pandemic in different ways, I would be happy to book fly and cruise when when we are allowed. If we wait for a vaccine to be produced And actually give you immunity it could be years before we do anything, and by then there be carnage in the tourist industry and other industries. At some point we will have to learn to live with it. I can’t see the difference between flying and being on a cruise from UK. Your on a ship for weeks with chances of catching more than this virus, modern planes are deemed to have excellent air conditioning nowadays and your only on it for a few hours .

just my thought

Edited by Cliffholl55
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, so,ton saint said:

Social  Distancing

ALWAYS KEEP TWO DIVISIONS APART    C.O.Y.S    Sorry Mate

15 minutes ago, so,ton saint said:

Social  Distancing

ALWAYS KEEP TWO DIVISIONS APART    C.O.Y.S    Sorry Mate

Ha ha. Good one mate.  
might not be for long

PUP 

👏😂

Edited by Cliffholl55

11 minutes ago, Cliffholl55 said:

Ha ha. Good one mate.  
might not be for long

PUP 

👏😂

Yes i remember the days  Harry and Jim top of the league. love to have you back up with us  and have those  good old days.

7 minutes ago, so,ton saint said:

Yes i remember the days  Harry and Jim top of the league. love to have you back up with us  and have those  good old days.

Breaking New,s

Due to the ongoing crisis with Covid 19  sweet Caroline is now banned from use,there will be no touching hands,  reaching out touching me, touching you

thank you

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dronnygirl said:

Exactly our feelings. 

8 hours ago, ormy said:

We have decided to forget 2020 completely - have cruise booked for middle April 2021 - hopefully all back to normal by then. We have already moved two holidays from this year to 2021.

Just terrible times - people say when it is all over we will laugh about it, not sure we will though.

Similar ormy

Our cruise in May was cancelled so moved it to July next year.We were due to go to the states in October but have moved that to April next year and we already have a cruise booked for North America for August next year

Missed out on hols this year but making up for it next year 😂

Hopefully