Anyone booked for later this year

2 hours ago, so,ton saint said:

Yes i remember the days  Harry and Jim top of the league. love to have you back up with us  and have those  good old days.

Would be so good but when we’re back ur be down 😂👏

good banter my friend 

keep safe

1 hour ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Exactly our feelings. 

Can you explain to me the difference of cruising from the UK to the med , canaries,Caribbean or anywhere else in the world has any difference of being on a plane for a few hours ,to two or more weeks on a ship mixing with people in various bars restaurants etc. With thinking like that might as well put ur suitcases in loft and leave them there for good

I have flown many times and don't mind actually flying - BUT- I have come to hate all the faffing about that goes with it. Cruising from the UK is for me is a much calmer experience. So back in January pre COVID I decided to cancel my one remaining fly cruise and replaced it with 2 ex UK. One of those is already cancelled by P&O and the other in next January may go ahead but final payment is not until October. Having diabetes I don't intend to put myself at unnecessary risk and am in no hurry to complete my 49th and 50th cruises, after which the plan was to visit all those parts of the UK that I should have visited years ago. Everyone has to make a personal choice. If I was in my 40's and fit I would fly and cruise but 70's and a chronic disease, not at the moment.

2 hours ago, davecttr said:

I have flown many times and don't mind actually flying - BUT- I have come to hate all the faffing about that goes with it. Cruising from the UK is for me is a much calmer experience. So back in January pre COVID I decided to cancel my one remaining fly cruise and replaced it with 2 ex UK. One of those is already cancelled by P&O and the other in next January may go ahead but final payment is not until October. Having diabetes I don't intend to put myself at unnecessary risk and am in no hurry to complete my 49th and 50th cruises, after which the plan was to visit all those parts of the UK that I should have visited years ago. Everyone has to make a personal choice. If I was in my 40's and fit I would fly and cruise but 70's and a chronic disease, not at the moment.

Hi Dave.

What is the current government/FO advice for over 70s cruising holidays and are there any exclusions etc with regard to insurance? I am not quite there yet so just curious.

Keep well.😉

FO aren't advising foreign travel for anyone at the moment.  Insurance wise we received an email from Staysure advising:  we now cover for Covid 19 - read the small print and it's only while you are away but what happens if you start with symptoms a couple of days before departure and have to self isolate?  Doubt you'd get your money back then.

No, it's stay on home soil for us this year, plenty of lovely places to see,  then we'll watch and see what us happening with cruises.  Think any booking we make will be last minute.

4 hours ago, Brummijam said:

Hi Dave.

What is the current government/FO advice for over 70s cruising holidays and are there any exclusions etc with regard to insurance? I am not quite there yet so just curious.

Keep well.😉

Actually not quite 70 but will be next spring. My annual travel insurance is part of my bank account and it is up for renewal in July. It will be interesting to see what happens. I may well just ditch the flashy 'platinum' account and change to a basic one  which means buying a single trip insurance but saving £18 per month, or maybe changing to a 'silver' with Europe only cover.

Whatever I am not panicking about it. Had my first Mange tout, spring onions and lettuce at lunch, soil to my mouth in less than 20 mins 😀 the litle tomatoes are starting to swell as well

On 6/13/2020 at 4:20 PM, davecttr said:

Actually not quite 70 but will be next spring. My annual travel insurance is part of my bank account and it is up for renewal in July. It will be interesting to see what happens. I may well just ditch the flashy 'platinum' account and change to a basic one  which means buying a single trip insurance but saving £18 per month, or maybe changing to a 'silver' with Europe only cover.

Whatever I am not panicking about it. Had my first Mange tout, spring onions and lettuce at lunch, soil to my mouth in less than 20 mins 😀 the litle tomatoes are starting to swell as well

Hi Dave.

Thanks for the reply, As you say it’s not worth worth worrying about it, just let this whole Covid thing run its course and see where we are next year.

I have also had a go at growing my own salad and veg and strawberries, all coming along nicely. Am quite pleased with my first attempts it’s quite therapeutic.

Keep well.😉

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dwhe said:

I also was on this one, changed it to same destination same ship from Southampton 31st of September. doubt it now.

Yes we looked at it, less sea days, but felt it was only putting off the inevitable, now looking at September next year but think that will still be out of the question. 😕